Is it possible to connect to someone with a VR set for assistance in completing the VR DLC trophies?

dieselmanchild

Normally I wouldn’t really advocate for having someone else unlock trophies for you like this, but after finishing this game it looks like the 3 DLC trophies are super easy and could be unlocked in just a few minutes...

Except for the fact that, you know... you need a damn VR set. Very annoying move by the developers.

I’ve seen a few people around the internet discussing the idea of receiving some quick assistance via SharePlay to 100% this game, but so far I haven’t found any confirmation that it’s possible.

Would anyone who owns a VR be willing to try this with me and see if it works? ? I’ve currently got the game rented and it has to go back in a few days.

Edit: Don’t think this works. I tried it with a buddy but we couldn’t get the VR to connect so you must need to have one connected locally to earn the trophies. 

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

VR is an external unit to the PS4 and I'd be very surprised if that sort of technology could be transmitted through shareplay.

The way PS4 connects to your TV and Internet and the way it interacts with VR are totally different.

I guess even if it was possible Sony would definitely disable it because of the laggyness of it which would make the picture inside the VR headset very blurry and drop framerate and cause you extreme motion sickness. I suspect you can't use Share Remote Play with PS Now for similar reasons.

• Like 1

On 2020-04-14 at 7:38 PM, bosstristan said:

When I buy a game, I like to be able to play it fully without having to purchase a €300+ accessory. 

Fair enough! I would however still recommend playing this game. It’s absolutely gorgeous and one of the best little hidden gems and fun platinums I’ve played this year.

But yeah those 3 incomplete VR trophies are beyond irritating... ?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Fair enough! I would however still recommend playing this game. It’s absolutely gorgeous and one of the best little hidden gems and fun platinums I’ve played this year.

But yeah those 3 incomplete VR trophies are beyond irritating... 1f621.png

Yea I probably will when I have a VR... Which isn't gonna happen before a while lol.

6 hours ago, lesk8vaincra said:

The trophies are in a DLC. Buy the game, don't buy the DLC, and voila...

I always complete my games to 100%.

• Like 3

On 4/15/2020 at 3:38 AM, bosstristan said:

When I buy a game, I like to be able to play it fully without having to purchase a €300+ accessory. 

You don't have to buy a VR headset just for the DLC trophies though. There are some really good VR games worth playing so €300 wouldn't be a waste of money in that respect.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DogFoRaw5 said:

You don't have to buy a VR headset just for the DLC trophies though. There are some really good VR games worth playing so €300 wouldn't be a waste of money in that respect.

Probably, but not enough for me to buy it atm.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Was surprised and not surprised to see the frustration over the VR trophies here. I have PSVR but haven't done the three bronzes yet. On one hand I wanted to be a positive voice and say at least the VR trophies aren't required for the Plat, which would be outrageous but attach more like DLC. But on the other hand, I get the frustration of not hitting 100% for those without. My own experience was being happy getting Plat on Spiderman, for them to dump a bunch of DLC that takes my 100% all the way down to 63%. That hurt and I've no intention of grinding out some of those bits to raise it back up. Story trophies would be one thing but not all the additional play throughs and chases etc. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 17/06/2020 at 3:47 AM, Radford999 said:

Oh come on man. Don’t let 3 dlc trophies stop you from playing this brilliant little fun game. Seriously man, no one cares if your percentage will be at 99%. Literally no one. I mean i collect trophies, but i wouldn’t let it stop me from playing a game. It really is so silly. 

Well, I do!

In the future when I have a VR I'll buy it for sure. But at the moment, no can do.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Its not about trophies. Why should you go out and invest supposedly 300 dollars on secondary equipment to play any content in a game that you already paid for? It is a stupid move.

You paid a premium price for the game and now you should go out and invest 300 dollars to access dlc...? Cool logic.

My logic, yes. I don't buy a game I can't fully access, including trophies.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/18/2020 at 9:24 AM, UlvenFenrir said:

Its not about trophies. Why should you go out and invest supposedly 300 dollars on secondary equipment to play any content in a game that you already paid for? It is a stupid move.

You paid a premium price for the game and now you should go out and invest 300 dollars to access dlc...? Cool logic.

It is cool logic, if you have PSVR. 

Dumb logic is claiming you’d buy a PSVR JUST  to get 3 trophies. You’d be buying it to access the over 600 VR games. 

• 5 weeks later...
21 hours ago, HusKy said:

Are the VR trophies accessible right from the beginning (e.g. Main menu) or do I need to progress in the main game to reach the VR section?

I did some Googling and couldn’t find a definitive answer for you. And I don’t have the trophies myself obviously, so I can’t provide an answer from experience.

However, I’m fairly certain you can.

The entire “VR experience” where you earn the trophies is a completely separate entity from the main game. It’s almost like a little tutorial area where you go to a couple different locations and learn to paint in the VR, and once you finish it unlocks a VR free paint mode or something.

But in short, there’s absolutely no connection between the VR activities and the main game world. So you should be able to use the VR features immediately without any progress required in the main game.

9 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I did some Googling and couldn’t find a definitive answer for you. And I don’t have the trophies myself obviously, so I can’t provide an answer from experience.

The entire “VR experience” where you earn the trophies is a completely separate entity from the main game. It’s almost like a little tutorial area where you go to a couple different locations and learn to paint in the VR, and once you finish it unlocks a VR free paint mode or something.

But in short, there’s absolutely no connection between the VR activities and the main game world. So you should be able to use the VR features immediately without any progress required in the main game.

Yeah, perhaps someone next month can confirm these trophies as accessible from the main menu. :)

On 15/04/2020 at 3:38 AM, bosstristan said:

Except you can, nothing has been taken away from the game.

Interesting how upset people are over the extra trophies and also viewing it as some kind of 'over expensive DLC' when it's just an additional thing for VR owners.

Some claim it's not about the trophies but when MANY games have extra VR support and no one bats an eye, it's clearly because y'all unable to get 3 trophies xD. Sure, I get it to some degree, a friend of mine had genuine OCD and he would avoid anything he wouldn't be able to 100% and would go to extreme lengths (he would probably buy a VR just for these trophies for example) to maintain 100%. But if you put trophy OCD aside where is the problem? Additional VR support for VR owners doesn't impact the game negatively in any way. If you have VR, that's pretty cool, a new way to experience some stuff from the game/world, and 3 bonus trophies for it to boot. If you don't have VR, you still have a full complete game that's pretty good fun and you have full access to the platinum if you care about completion.

Don't see anyone complaining about RE7, Hitman 3, Wipeout, Tetris Effect... etc. etc. all of which have pretty much full VR support. Wipeout with the pilot perspective camera lock on is pretty sickening btw xD. If all these games decided to add one tiny little bronze trophy, in an seperate list (DLC, not required for plat) for playing the game in VR, I just wouldn't understand the problem? It's bonus content and bonus trophies. People need to get this FOMO stuff out their heads, you don't lose anything just because other people gain something.

Also, some people defend the DLC trophies by saying 'trophy hunters are a minority' to which I agree but I just want to expand on that a little. A general trophy hunter shouldn't/wouldn't care if a game adds more trophies, if they want to hunt those extra ones it's more trophies, if not, onto the next game. It's the obsessive 100% accounts, a minority within a minority, those are the ones we're really talking about ;).

• Like 2

20 hours ago, JohnCenaSong- said:

Except you can, nothing has been taken away from the game.

Interesting how upset people are over the extra trophies and also viewing it as some kind of 'over expensive DLC' when it's just an additional thing for VR owners.

Some claim it's not about the trophies but when MANY games have extra VR support and no one bats an eye, it's clearly because y'all unable to get 3 trophies xD. Sure, I get it to some degree, a friend of mine had genuine OCD and he would avoid anything he wouldn't be able to 100% and would go to extreme lengths (he would probably buy a VR just for these trophies for example) to maintain 100%. But if you put trophy OCD aside where is the problem? Additional VR support for VR owners doesn't impact the game negatively in any way. If you have VR, that's pretty cool, a new way to experience some stuff from the game/world, and 3 bonus trophies for it to boot. If you don't have VR, you still have a full complete game that's pretty good fun and you have full access to the platinum if you care about completion.

Don't see anyone complaining about RE7, Hitman 3, Wipeout, Tetris Effect... etc. etc. all of which have pretty much full VR support. Wipeout with the pilot perspective camera lock on is pretty sickening btw xD. If all these games decided to add one tiny little bronze trophy, in an seperate list (DLC, not required for plat) for playing the game in VR, I just wouldn't understand the problem? It's bonus content and bonus trophies. People need to get this FOMO stuff out their heads, you don't lose anything just because other people gain something.

Also, some people defend the DLC trophies by saying 'trophy hunters are a minority' to which I agree but I just want to expand on that a little. A general trophy hunter shouldn't/wouldn't care if a game adds more trophies, if they want to hunt those extra ones it's more trophies, if not, onto the next game. It's the obsessive 100% accounts, a minority within a minority, those are the ones we're really talking about ;).

You didn't get the point. The issue it not the game supporting VR or adding VR content. The issue is that a game which can originally be played and completed without a VR, adds trophies which require a VR to its list.

The ideal would have been to have a seperate list, like MM did with Sabckboy's prehistoric moves, and everyone would have been satisfied.

Also, you speak about the platinum accessibility, well you'll be shocked to know that there are completionists out there (which I'm part of) who see these 'extra' trophies as a malus more than a bonus. (Those who do not own a VR of course).

If developpers cared at all about even the minorities out there, they would have added a totally different list, or would have made the add-on playable without VR, or would not have added any trophy unobtainable without a VR.

Edited by bosstristan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bosstristan said:

You didn't get the point. The issue it not the game supporting VR or adding VR content..

Clearly I did, as evident in my previous post, I just didn't agree with it. I mentioned trophy OCD but I don't think a minority within a minority should dictate how trophies are done for the vast majority. Additional bonus trophies for VR owners is a nice small plus in my eyes and ultimately you can either get on board with that and ditch your trophy OCD or stay trapped by it, but the world isn't going to change just for you ?

• Like 3

On 30/01/2021 at 7:38 AM, dieselmanchild said:

Are the VR trophies part of a paid DLC or a free in-game update?