Blood_Hungry_III's List of Too Many Games and Not Enough Time

Blood_Hungry_III

Hello and welcome to my list of games! I've been wanting to start one of these but mine will be a bit different than the ones I've seen in the past. I like getting as many trophies as I can, but I care more about playing games that I enjoy and in most cases, my goal is simply to finish a game's campaign/story mode. If a game has a trophy list that I think is doable without too much extra work, then I'll go out of my way to get the platinum. With that said, this checklist will be to keep track of the games I've played through and the ones in my backlog that I'd still like to play. The list of games I've played through since February of 2015 isn't too impressive and I'm looking forward to expanding it, but I'm happy with the games that I have finished.

I don't have nearly enough free time to get through all the games I want to play, but I try to take advantage of that time when I can and enjoy the games I do play.

Backlog

-Currently Playing

Spoiler
  • 11-11: Memories Retold (PS4)
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PS4)
  • Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs (PS4)
  • Battlefield 2042 (PS5)
  • Beyond: Two Souls (PS4)
  • BioShock (PS4)
  • BioShock 2 (PS4)
  • BioShock Infinite (PS4)
  • Borderlands 3 (PS4)
  • Broken Age (Vita)
  • Bugsnax (PS5)
  • Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition (PS4)
  • Burnout Paradise Remastered (PS4)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered (PS4)
  • Concrete Genie (PS4)
  • Crash Bandicoot (PS4)
  • Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (PS4)
  • Crash Bandicoot: Warped (PS4)
  • Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PS4)
  • Cursed to Golf (PS5)
  • The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (PS4)
  • Days Gone (PS4)
  • Detroit: Become Human (PS4)
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)
  • Diablo III: Reaper of Souls (PS4)
  • Dishonored Definitive Edition (PS4)
  • Doom (PS4)
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS4)
  • Erica (PS4)
  • Fallout 4 (PS4)
  • Fuser (PS4)
  • God of War Ragnarok (PS5)
  • Grand Theft Auto III - Definitive Edition (PS4)
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Definitive Edition (PS4)
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - Definitive Edition (PS4)
  • Grand Theft Auto V (PS5)
  • Grim Fandango Remastered (Vita)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4)
  • Horizon Forbidden West (PS5)
  • inFamous Second Son (PS4)
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (Vita)
  • Jak II (Vita)
  • Jak 3 (Vita)
  • Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition (PS4)
  • L.A. Noire (PS4)
  • Life is Strange: True Colors (PS5)
  • Lonely Mountains: Downhill (PS4)
  • Maneater (PS5)
  • Maquette (PS5)
  • Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales (PS5)
  • Mass Effect (PS4)
  • Mass Effect 2 (PS4)
  • Mass Effect 3 (PS4)
  • Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)
  • Metro 2033 Redux (PS4)
  • Metro: Last Light Redux (PS4)
  • MouseCraft (Vita)
  • Oddworld: Soulstorm (PS5)
  • OlliOlli World (PS5)
  • Oxenfree (PS4)
  • Rainswept (PS4)
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4)
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4)
  • Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS5)
  • Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5)
  • Saints Row IV: Re-elected (PS4)
  • Shadow of The Colossus (PS4)
  • Sly Cooper and The Thievius Raccoonus (Vita)
  • Sly 2: Band of Thieves (Vita)
  • SOMA (PS4)
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order (PS4)
  • Star Wars: Republic Commando (PS4)
  • Subnautica (PS4)
  • Titanfall 2 (PS4)
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (PS4)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (PS4)
  • Transistor (PS4)
  • Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)
  • The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition (PS5)
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS5)

Finished Games Since February 13, 2015

Games 1-10

L51930e.pngL9cd3c9.pngL8047b1.pngLfd79b5.pngLfd4cf0.pngLfa8657.pngLc9e04e.pngL1c7a3f.pngLefac08.pngLaba3c4.png

Spoiler

1. The Order: 1886 (PS4)

This was one of the first PS4 games I played (I think it was the 3rd or 4th that I started), so I loved the graphics. Seeing what the PS4 could do really made me glad I bought one. I enjoyed the story and the world this game presented, but the actual gameplay was rather lacking. It seemed that the game was meant to just show off the PS4’s power while pulling you through a series of QTEs. With that said, it was a fun little game and an easy platinum.

2. Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4)

This was the first game I played on my PS4. I’ve always had a thing for FPS games but I usually don’t expect much out of them. I didn’t play multiplayer, but the campaign really drew me in. The story and the world seemed much deeper than games like Call of Duty, so I really enjoyed this. I’d definitely recommend it to any fans of FPS’ that haven’t played it but I’m not sure if any such people exist.

3. DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition (PS4)

I never really got into this genre in the past, but I found this game on sale and decided to give it a try. I ended up really enjoying it, although I haven’t really played any other games in this genre since (other than God of War).

4. Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

This is the first game I ever played in the series, so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. When it came to stealth games in the past, I always preferred Splinter Cell so I didn’t know if I’d like this. Since it was free, I figured I’d give it a shot. It didn’t really do much for me, but it was quick so I played it through.

5. The Last of Us Remastered (PS4)

I never had a PS3, so I never experienced this game the first time around. Before I bought my PS4, I made a list of exclusives with some friends to help decide if I really wanted to get one and this was on top of the list. I got it bundled with my PS4, and when I finally got around to playing, I really loved it. This is definitely a must-play.

6. Rocket League (PS4)

I got this when it was free, and it ended up being one of the most fun games I’d played in a long time. It became my favorite game to play when I was having a few beers and it was easy to play either for 5 minutes or 2 hours.

7. God of War III Remastered (PS4)

Since I didn’t have a PS3, I hadn’t gotten to play this before. I picked it up on sale and got hooked immediately. I really wish they would release the first two games as some of the PS2 on PS4 games.

8. Tales From the Borderlands (PS4)

I loved the Borderlands series, so I jumped at the chance to play this. It was a quick, easy, enjoyable story, and it was a nice lead-in to Borderlands 3.

9. Game of Thrones (PS4)

I had really gotten into watching Game of Thrones around this time period, so I decided I really needed to play this. I liked that they included some of the characters from the show/books so it helped the game tie in a lot better. I didn’t like this as much as Tales From the Borderlands, though.

10. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (PS4)

I got this cheap on PSN, and figured I’d give it a shot. I don’t think I’d played a Tomb Raider game since the PS1, but I ended up enjoying this. The puzzles and combat were fun and it was a solid adventure game.

Games 11-20

L6a019d.pngL28b9c4.pngL8b243e.pngLbc164c.pngLf4c14b.pngL3fa2bf.pngLd80014.pngL0cd112.pngLf10f27.pngL61c711.png

Spoiler

11. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (PS4)

By this point, I was solidly addicted to Telltale games, and I’d also played the first season on Xbox, so I needed to know what happened next in the story. I liked it but not as much as the first season.

12. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)

I bought this on sale with the hope that it would be an over-the-top ridiculous FPS, and that’s exactly what it was. It was harder and a lot longer than I thought it would be, but it was definitely worth the price- especially as someone who is a fan of World War II history.

13. Journey (PS4)

I believe I got this as a free PS Plus game. I heard a lot of good things about it online and from a couple of my coworkers, so I decided to try it. For how short it is, it was a really enjoyable experience. The setting, graphics, and music were all really impressive for a small indie game.

14. Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4)

I think I got this bundled with The New Order, so I was excited to play it after finishing that. It didn’t feel as impressive as The New Order did, but it was definitely a fun mini-sequel.

15. Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune Remastered (PS4)

This is another classic that I missed out on from the PS3. After playing it for a little while, I could see what all the hype was about. It seems the most aged of the trilogy (as you’d expect) but it immediately got me into the series.

16. Firewatch (PS4)

I think this was the first walking simulator I got into that wasn’t from Telltale and it really solidified my love for the genre. I was impressed that it could tell such a good story without encountering any other characters (other than speaking over the radio to Delilah).

17. Life is Strange (PS4)

Another walking sim and one of my favorite games of this generation. Some of my coworkers recommended this because they knew how much I liked Firewatch, and I loved it immediately. Luckily I got into it after all five episodes were released so I was able to marathon my way through it. The game made me cry over and over, but I kept coming back for more of it. None of my friends are into walking sims, but I will never stop gushing about this game to them.

18. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered (PS4)

I don’t really remember this standing out among the series. I think the first one stands out because it got its hooks in me, and then this one just kind of got sandwiched in before I started the third. Either way, I enjoyed it and I’m glad I played it.

19. Gone Home (PS4)

I don’t remember how I found out about this game, but it was yet another emotional walking sim. It drew me in and almost brought me to tears a couple different times. I was so sucked in that I couldn’t stop and I finished it in one sitting. I don’t hear many people talking about this one, but I wish more people would give it a shot.

20. Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Remastered (PS4)

I liked this even more than the first two games and I was so glad they remastered the series on the PS4. I just wish I’d gotten to play it the first time around.

Games 21-30

Ldf8263.pngLb8271c.pngLe0dce4.pngL7058fc.pngL172c11.pngL0b925e.pngL19905f.pngL827e0a.pngLe31f85.pngLba674d.png

Spoiler

21. Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture (PS4)

I think I found this game because it was related to Life is Strange, Gone Home, and Firewatch. This was yet another beautiful walking sim where you uncover the story without actually encountering anyone and I just remember playing it and not being able to believe that I was so into a genre that I would’ve considered boring when I was younger.

22. NBA 2K17: The Prelude (PS4)

I’ve been a fan of the NBA 2K series since probably 2K12, and MyCareer has always been my favorite mode. I was so excited that 2K released this so I could start playing it before the game actually came out. Some bonus trophies for the game were nice too.

23. Minecraft: Story Mode (PS4)

I bought this because I’ve always liked Minecraft and obviously had a thing for Telltale Games. This was a lot longer than their other games with eight episodes rather than five, but sadly the story didn’t really do much for me.

24. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (PS4)

I’ve played nearly every Call of Duty since CoD 2 and this one really didn’t do much for me. I’ve never been a huge fan of vertical FPS games like this, so I basically just played the campaign, played a couple multiplayer matches, and put this one to bed.

25. Until Dawn (PS4)

This is another one that was recommended by my coworkers. I loved the concept and the story pulled me in. The horror elements kept me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. The wide range of possible outcomes was pretty new for me, and this was really enjoyable (especially for a game I got free from PS Plus).

26. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4)

This game’s story mode is, in my opinion, perfect. GTA has been my favorite franchise for a long time, and this really didn’t disappoint. I originally bought it on Xbox 360 at its midnight launch, but I was in college and I spent a lot of time studying, working, and partying, so I didn’t finish it. Eventually the next-gen remaster was announced, so I stopped playing it and bought the Xbox One version. Not long after I started that one, I bought a PS4 and sold my Xbox, so I bought the PS4 version. It took me a few attempts, but I finally committed to playing through it. It took me several months, but I got 100% completion and I enjoyed every minute of it. At the end of the day, this is my 2nd favorite game of all time (right after GTA: San Andreas). If I could pick one game to have my trophies wiped from solely so I could replay it and earn them again, it would be this one.

27. NBA 2K18: The Prelude (PS4)

Another year of getting to play 2K before the full game launched. Once again, I loved getting a headstart and I loved getting some bonus trophies.

28. Life is Strange: Before the Storm (PS4)

This was a great follow-up to the first LiS game and it helped tide me over until LiS2. It was shorter than the first game but it helped give context to the first game and its characters. This is definitely a must-play for anyone who liked the first game.

29. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (PS4)

For me, this was the best game in the series. Playing through the original trilogy felt like I was just building to this one and it didn’t disappoint. Another great game in a great franchise.

30. Batman (PS4)

This was another Telltale Game and I think it was a nice twist on Batman. The game doesn’t provide all the action that the Arkham games do, but I liked the choices I got to make as Bruce Wayne.

Games 31-40

L5f264e.pngL0091ff.pngL938cf8.pngL883d18.pngLae1292.pngL6a0f86.pngL7ad76e.pngL88f3a6.pngL722019.pngL39e2fc.png

Spoiler

31. What Remains of Edith Finch (PS4)

I think I got this one free from PS Plus and I liked it so much that I probably would’ve paid for it if I needed to. By this point, I was completely hooked on story-heavy walking sims and the tragedy of this family was really compelling for me.

32. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)

This was a quick game compared to 1-4 but I loved it. I think I’d put it neck and neck with 4 as my favorite in the series. Getting to play as a different character was refreshing and I really enjoyed Chloe and Nadine together.

33. Batman: The Enemy Within (PS4)

Not much to say about this one other than that I liked how it wrapped up the story from the first game. It was a solid sequel.

34. NBA 2K19: The Prelude (PS4)

The story in 2K19’s My Career mode was probably one of my favorites of the series so I really enjoyed the Prelude, but when I bought the full game, I ended up starting over because I didn’t like the build I’d chosen. Either way, this was still worth spending a few hours on.

35. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (PS4)

This game was a classic on the last generation so I was excited to play it again. I liked the story just as much as I did back then, but I didn’t play it on Veteran this time so I saved myself a lot of the heartache I had the first time around.

36. Hitman GO: Definitive Edition (PS4)

This was a really cool concept. I’ve never been a hardcore fan of the Hitman games but I’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve played so I was down to try this when I found it on sale for a few dollars. I liked the strategy elements and this was definitely worth what I paid.

37. Catlateral Damage (PS4)

This was another game I found on sale and decided to try. I think it would be fun as something to pick up and play for ten minutes here and there, but I ended up playing it for hours at a time to get the platinum. It was fun but I don’t think I’d play it again.

38. God of War (PS4)

I think this was my favorite game of the series. The Greek mythology of the original trilogy was really interesting to me but I think the Nordic setting of this one was really cool. On top of that, the game is gorgeous and I think the storyline was better than the past games. I’m hopeful and excited for a sequel.

39. The Vanishing of Ethan Carter (PS4)

Yet another walking sim where you uncover the story through discovered conversations. This game didn’t draw me in the way others did, but it was enjoyable for the short time it lasts.

40. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)

I had this in my library from PS Plus for years and when I went through and put together a to-do list, I finally decided I should play this one. I think the setting and music were really cool, but this genre isn’t my favorite so I was already a little biased. With that said, it was good enough that I’ve considered playing the sequel.

Games 41-50

L1398d7.pngL0cf211.pngL16aa50.pngL04e16b.pngL06fda1.pngLa9e5cb.pngL994f74.pngL92e611.pngL65947a.pngL2941d1.png

Spoiler

41. Marvel’s Spider-Man (PS4)

I had a ton of fun with this game. I’ve never been a big superhero game fan, but this one blew me away. Insomniac typically doesn’t disappoint, so I shouldn’t have been surprised that I enjoyed this as much as I did. I got 100% and the platinum in the base game, did a full NG+ playthrough on Ultimate difficulty, and then got 100% in all three DLC packs and I had fun the whole time.

42. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PS4)

I haven’t really been a big fan of the CoD games since the original Modern Warfare trilogy so I was happy that this game brought back the feeling of those. I really liked the campaign so I didn’t mind having to play it a second time to get the platinum.

43. Life is Strange 2 (PS4)

I think this was a really good sequel. It was emotional for different reasons than the first game but it drew me in just as fast. I think some people might find the story a little over the top, but I loved every minute.

44. Battlefield V (PS4)

The story was okay, but it didn’t really make me care. I stuck with the game because I was trying to finish it and get the platinum but it’s clear to me that the campaign was an afterthought because multiplayer is the main bread and butter of this game.

45. CounterSpy (Vita)

This is one of the very first free PS Plus games I got but I didn’t really enjoy it enough to finish it. When I bought a Vita, I decided to give it a shot and this time I liked it a lot more and decided to play all the way through. It was fun, but I don’t think I’d spend money to buy it.

46. Drowning (PS4)

This was a really short walking sim. Compared to all the others I’ve played, this one was very barebones and I’m glad I got it really cheap. The story was okay, but there wasn’t much of a “game”.

47. Sound Shapes (Vita)

48. Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure (Vita)

49. Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure (PS4)

50. Sound Shapes (PS4)

Games 51-60

Lad02dd.pngL94bc3e.pngL4ed103.pngL41a917.pngL045c36.pngLca7015.pngL5352ac.pngL985a9c.pngLa511ee.pngLac7b42.png

Games 61-70

Ld1a0e5.pngLcf38ec.pngL9e535b.pngLd641a6.pngLb4ddcd.pngL8c21c2.pngLd6cee1.pngL54dae5.pngL873cd8.pngLed2689.png

Games 71-74

L2f48ac.pngLdaaa68.pngL113415.pngL32b819.png

Edited by Blood_Hungry_III
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Finally my first update after some busy weeks.

L994f74.png

47. Sound Shapes (Vita)

I've had this game for years and can't believe I never played it. I had fun with it, but some of the Death Mode levels were pretty frustrating for me. Eventually I got through them all and put this one to bed. I'm working on the game on PS4 as well, so hopefully it's easier the second time around.

Somehow I've spent less time playing games since the quarantine started, but I think I might have some more time this weekend. I'm working on Sound Shapes on PS4, and I'd like to finally finish Heavy Rain, so I'm hoping one of those will be the next ones I can add to this list.

• 2 weeks later...

L92e611.png

48. Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure (Vita)

This was a fun little twist on brick breakers. I thought the story was enjoyable, and it was a quick and enjoyable platinum. It was also a nice bonus that the PS4 and Vita versions were cross-buy for $9.99. I'll be adding the PS4 version to this list soon.

L65947a.png

49. Twin Breaker: A Sacred Symbols Adventure (PS4)

I enjoyed the game the second time through, even though I struggled a bit more than I did on the Vita. I still believe this is a really fun brick breaker and I think it's definitely worth the $9.99 cross-buy for two pretty easy platinums.

On 4/24/2020 at 0:49 AM, evs_castro said:

Hey, nice checklist! You played some very interesting games and quite a few that i did aswell. xD
I'm dying to play The Order 1886 and curious af about Firewatch, everyone says good stuff about the game.

Thanks for the feedback! The Order is definitely solid if you can get it cheap, just don't expect it to last you too long. I really enjoyed Firewatch, though. I really enjoyed the art style and the soundtrack. I've been meaning to go back and play through the Commentary mode, so I can't comment on that part of it.

L2941d1.png

50. Sound Shapes (PS4)

This was easier for me the second time, but I got bored with it, so I'm glad to have it behind me.

• Like 1

Lad02dd.png

51. Heavy Rain (PS4)

I've been meaning to finish this game for a long time, and I'm glad I finally got around to playing it. I didn't love the controls, and the dialogue was a little hokey at times, but I think the story carried the game and I really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

Lad02dd.png

51. Heavy Rain (PS4)

I've been meaning to finish this game for a long time, and I'm glad I finally got around to playing it. I didn't love the controls, and the dialogue was a little hokey at times, but I think the story carried the game and I really enjoyed it.

Man, i really loved the story in Heavy Rain! For me is without a doubt the best story of all the Quantic Dream games. Congrats on the finishing! ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

L94bc3e.png

52. Habroxia (Vita)

This was a fun old school game and it was a quick and easy platinum. Plus it is a pretty inexpensive cross-buy.

L4ed103.png

53. Habroxia (PS4)

I think I had more fun with this on PS4 than I did on Vita because I felt like I had more space on the screen to avoid enemies.

• 3 weeks later...

L41a917.png

54. Perils of Baking: Refrosted (Vita)

This was a fun 2D platformer, and I really liked the colorful enemies and levels.

L045c36.png

55. Perils of Baking (PS4)

Much like Habroxia, I enjoyed this even more on PS4 than I did on Vita. I think it was a combination of knowing how to play the game and also having a larger screen to work with.

• 4 weeks later...

Lca7015.png

56. Burly Men at Sea (Vita)

I played this to get a quick platinum for an event, but I ended up enjoying the game. It's quick, but I liked that there are 12 different endings based on a few decision points. The fact that the story builds upon itself a little bit when you replay it as also a nice touch.

I've slowed down a bit over the last few weeks because I'm planning my wedding, but I've had a little time to keep playing. I probably won't get to play over the upcoming long weekend, but I'm hoping to add the next game (NBA Playgrounds) to this list before I go.

L5352ac.png

57. NBA Playgrounds (PS4)

I started this game when it came out back in 2017. I think I remember it being cross-promoted with NBA 2K which I had been playing a lot of. I got bored and frustrated and ended up not touching it for almost 3 years. Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I decided to finish it for PSNP's Gaming by Numbers event. I ended up really enjoying it (other than getting stuck on a couple challenges). The game is pretty basic but I think it was pretty enjoyable. I've never played the second one, but I'm considering it after finishing this one.

As I'd hoped yesterday, I was able to finish this one up before leaving for the long holiday weekend tomorrow. I'll be bringing my Vita with me, so I'm hoping to make some more progress in Uncharted: Golden Abyss. I've been playing that off and on since January, so I'm hoping I'll finish it within the next couple weeks.

L985a9c.png

58. Untitled Goose Game (PS4)

I believe this game was on sale for the first week after it launched and I was able to buy it during that time. I kept it as a fun game to play when I needed a break from getting frustrated at other games so it took me a while to finally finish it. I'm actually glad about that, because it let me prolong the fun I got out of it. There isn't much to the game and I'm not sure it really has any replayability after you get the platinum, but I think it was definitely worth the money.

I didn't expect to be able to finish this before I left tomorrow, but I ended up with some extra free time today after work.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

La511ee.png

59. Hue (PS4)

I played this for the Gaming by Numbers event but I'm glad I did. I've had it since it was free on PS Plus years ago, so I can't believe I never played it. I had a lot of fun with the puzzles, and I think the story and soundtrack are really beautiful.

I'm almost done with Uncharted: Golden Abyss, so I'm hoping I can add that to this list within the next week.

On 7/16/2020 at 8:26 PM, evs_castro said:

Nice new games to the list, what are you thinking about Golden Abyss?

Congrats on the wedding btw!

Thanks a lot! I've really been enjoying it. There have been a few parts of the game that have been frustrating for me like Chapter 11 on Crushing and the QTE sections at the end of the game, but I've loved it other than that. I was worried this game would seem like a big drop compared to the rest of the Uncharted series, but I think it feels just like playing any other game in the series (just with slightly worse graphics). I just finished my second (Crushing) playthrough last night, so I just need to grind out the bounties. I think that's probably the only thing I don't like about the game- adding a completely random mechanic like the bounties.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lac7b42.png

60. Twin Robots (Vita)

This is another game I played for Gaming by Numbers. It was a quick and fun game, but there wasn't really much to it. It was only a few dollars though, so I don't really mind.

I still haven't been able to finish Uncharted: Golden Abyss. The grind for the bounties has been long and tedious, but I'm still hoping to finish it soon.

San Andreas is the one game in the PS2 era GTA trilogy that doesn’t allow cheats. But you don’t need to 100 percent the game, so that’s fair I guess. 

Not sure if I want to play LA Noire again. That Car Fanatic trophy was a pain in the rear. Then they throw in more collectibles for the PS4. Should of made The Consol’s Car case a DLC pack.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

On 7/17/2020 at 6:03 PM, Blood_Hungry_III said:

Thanks a lot! I've really been enjoying it. There have been a few parts of the game that have been frustrating for me like Chapter 11 on Crushing and the QTE sections at the end of the game, but I've loved it other than that. I was worried this game would seem like a big drop compared to the rest of the Uncharted series, but I think it feels just like playing any other game in the series (just with slightly worse graphics). I just finished my second (Crushing) playthrough last night, so I just need to grind out the bounties. I think that's probably the only thing I don't like about the game- adding a completely random mechanic like the bounties.

The bounties are so ridiculously tedious, I have no idea why they were included.

The QTE screen swipe sections were honestly atrocious on Crushing. I attempted them dozens of times before looking up the order of the swipes so I could prepare beforehand.

Overall I thought Golden Abyss was a great Uncharted game and impressive on the Vita, but these things brought it down quite a bit.

9 hours ago, Spaz said:

San Andreas is the one game in the PS2 era GTA trilogy that doesn’t allow cheats. But you don’t need to 100 percent the game, so that’s fair I guess. 

Not sure if I want to play LA Noire again. That Car Fanatic trophy was a pain in the rear. Then they throw in more collectibles for the PS4. Should of made The Consol’s Car case a DLC pack.

San Andreas doesn't seem like a terrible platinum compared to 3 and Vice City, but I've decided to try to 100% the game anyway. I played it on PS2 when it came out and I was never able to get 100% so I decided I want to do it out of pride. I think I'm probably doubling my play time by going for that, but it's one of my favorite games so I guess I don't mind.

I think I've only played about 30 minutes of LA Noire, so I haven't had much time to decide if I like it or not. I bought it as a game to play with my fiancee but she hasn't wanted to play it much, so it's kind of just sat there ever since. But it's good to have a heads up about some of the annoying parts in case I decide to play it on my own.

7 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

The bounties are so ridiculously tedious, I have no idea why they were included.

The QTE screen swipe sections were honestly atrocious on Crushing. I attempted them dozens of times before looking up the order of the swipes so I could prepare beforehand.

Overall I thought Golden Abyss was a great Uncharted game and impressive on the Vita, but these things brought it down quite a bit.

Yeah, I think my time grinding the bounties will probably be close to the time it took me to play through on Crushing. I've managed to finish two of the sets, so I'm making progress at least. I've always hated QTEs in games, and having to swipe the screen added another layer that made me really hate them.

I've really enjoyed the game aside from the bounties, QTEs, and non-combat running sequences. I haven't played any other AAA games on Vita yet so I don't have much to compare it to, but I think it was a really good first game for me.

4 hours ago, Blood_Hungry_III said:

San Andreas doesn't seem like a terrible platinum compared to 3 and Vice City, but I've decided to try to 100% the game anyway. I played it on PS2 when it came out and I was never able to get 100% so I decided I want to do it out of pride. I think I'm probably doubling my play time by going for that, but it's one of my favorite games so I guess I don't mind.

I think I've only played about 30 minutes of LA Noire, so I haven't had much time to decide if I like it or not. I bought it as a game to play with my fiancee but she hasn't wanted to play it much, so it's kind of just sat there ever since. But it's good to have a heads up about some of the annoying parts in case I decide to play it on my own.

You’re not a completionist. It’s up to you if you want to stick with it.

LA Noire is rather slow at times. Dumb kids thought it would be another GTA/RDR set in the 1940s in Los Angeles because of the R* label slapped on the cover. Boy did they get that wrong. 

56 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You’re not a completionist. It’s up to you if you want to stick with it.

LA Noire is rather slow at times. Dumb kids thought it would be another GTA/RDR set in the 1940s in Los Angeles because of the R* label slapped on the cover. Boy did they get that wrong. 

That's true. I've taken a break from San Andreas for a bit, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon.

I can definitely see that about LA Noire for the limited time I played it. It gave me an entirely different feeling from GTA and RDR.

• 2 weeks later...

Ld1a0e5.png

61. Mixups by POWGI (PS4)

This is the final game I'll be playing only for Gaming by Numbers. I had fun with it, and I was able to get my fiancee to play with me for some of the puzzles. It's the only POWGI game I've ever played, and I could see myself playing more with my fiancee.

As always, the Golden Abyss bounties have been a slog, but I did manage to finish another. Only two left! I'm trying to finish it before the end of this month, so hopefully I can force myself to do it.

I'm also working on Broken Age right now, and I've been enjoying that one as well. I also want to finish this one before the end of this month so I think I can do that as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Lcf38ec.png

62. One Word by POWGI (Vita)

I didn't think I'd play another POWGI game so quickly, but I knew I wouldn't complete Gaming by Numbers if I didn't. With that said, the game was enjoyable, but not as much as Mixups. This one was a lot more straight forward so I didn't get as much out of it.

I think I've put too much focus on Gaming by Numbers and I've spent a lot of my limited time playing games I wouldn't have otherwise. While that led me to discover and really enjoy Hue, I think it's kept me from playing games I would rather be playing. The event ends next week and Uncharted is the only game I have left for it, so after that I think I'll be taking a break from events for a while. I have a few games building up that I really want to play, so I'm going to shift my focus to those. I just can't wait to finish the Uncharted bounties so I can put that game behind me.