[Bug]A Friend In Speed Is A Friend Indeed

LucasDragon570

I am having problems with this trophy that in a way seems simple, but to me I lost the whole term trying to solve it.

The trophy consists of beating your friend's time in the Time Trial, I did it according to the tips but nothing worked, not even the ghost of my alternative account appears.

I don't believe it is bugged because after seeing your post, i tested it myself as I haven't got the trophy and it popped up perfectly for me.

What I did was, set a time with my US account within the BRONZE time limit so it shows up on global leaderboard. Go to my main account, set a time which is one second faster so it's easier to find my US time trial and takes way less time. Found my US score and i just beat it. A ghost is not needed to beat as when I raced against my US account, before starting, it stated that a ghost wasn't recorded within that time trial, would you like to race the lap time? Clicked yes, beat it and trophy popped straight away

Some say if you have too many friends, then it may not pop even if you beat it. So what's recommended is that you delete that friend and re-add them or delete a lot of other friends. I only have about 24 friends on my account

But if you follow what I just did, it shouldn't be a problem and hopefully it the trophy pops for you

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, happyman778 said:

We are in the same boat. I have no idea what is happening. 

You can drive against your Friends/alt Account time even If you they dont have a Ghost. My alt-account didnt also have a Ghost, but the trophy popped. Make sure that your times are placed in the leaderboards. It depends in the track which time you need. It didnt work on the very fast track so i did it on Market place.

• Like 1

Any tips on this? I'm just sick of trying and this damn trophy won't pop. Tried on Whale Lagoon and later on Market Street. Placed a bronze time with my alt, then spent A TON of time searching on the leaderboard (wtf, this should have a friends list or something), beated it (no ghost available) and the trophy won't pop. I've also deleted some friends, I'm on 150-ish.

Just to be sure, as the guide just says nothing, its on local play --> time trial, right?

Took me 3 tries on diffrent tracks.  I personally think it's just unstable. Sometimes it will load the ghost, sometimes it will ask if you want to upload a ghost. Sometimes it won't say anything. My buddy got his trophy on my time which I didn't have a ghost on. And I needed a ghost from a diffrent friends to get mine to work last year. All I can suggest is keep trying but on diffrent tracks. Try to make sure your friend or "alt" account has attained atleast bronze. And give it a couple minutes to upload to the leaderboards. 

EDIT: I vaguely remember reading last year, you need under 100 friends. But I can't say for sure.  

Edited by DanZorg420

14 hours ago, DanZorg420 said:

Took me 3 tries on diffrent tracks.  I personally think it's just unstable. Sometimes it will load the ghost, sometimes it will ask if you want to upload a ghost. Sometimes it won't say anything. My buddy got his trophy on my time which I didn't have a ghost on. And I needed a ghost from a diffrent friends to get mine to work last year. All I can suggest is keep trying but on diffrent tracks. Try to make sure your friend or "alt" account has attained atleast bronze. And give it a couple minutes to upload to the leaderboards. 

EDIT: I vaguely remember reading last year, you need under 100 friends. But I can't say for sure.  

Thank you! I managed to get the trophy a few minutes ago and it was with a new friend and yeah, I went down to 97 friends or so. I read you needed to be under 200, but it didn't pop for me playing against my alt...

Edited by breakXedge
  • Like 1

On 14-3-2022 at 6:10 PM, DanZorg420 said:

I lowered the friendlist down to 98 friends and that got me the Trophy. On my first run (with over 100 friends) it didn't unlock.

So am I supposed to scroll all the table to find my other account time? Now the game is free with PS plus there are litterally thousands and after 10-15 minutes with the rubber on the pad I was not even close to my other account time. Also I tried other random players but it always says there's no ghost to download. 7,50% rate on the site and 0,1 overall confirms there's something wrong with this one that I think it'd be an easy trophy if you have two accounts or a friend to help

8 minutes ago, Dave_Cozmo said:

So am I supposed to scroll all the table to find my other account time? Now the game is free with PS plus there are litterally thousands and after 10-15 minutes with the rubber on the pad I was not even close to my other account time. Also I tried other random players but it always says there's no ghost to download. 7,50% rate on the site and 0,1 overall confirms there's something wrong with this one that I think it'd be an easy trophy if you have two accounts or a friend to help

Yes, there's no friends list or something, you need to scroll until you find it. It's easier if you first place a time close to your friend.

You don't need the ghost, just beat your friends time but as I experienced, and @ConAir posted too, you may need to have less than 100 friends. I went to 97 or 98 too when I got the trophy.

1 hour ago, breakXedge said:

Yes, there's no friends list or something, you need to scroll until you find it. It's easier if you first place a time close to your friend.

You don't need the ghost, just beat your friends time but as I experienced, and @ConAir posted too, you may need to have less than 100 friends. I went to 97 or 98 too when I got the trophy.

Thanks. Friends list is no problem, I've just a few. Yesterday I ended up with a very average time with my second account to make things easier but I'd  take forever to find on the chart. Maybe I'd try to speed up a put a decent time. When I click square to show my time it says there's nothing recorded... maybe it'd take a while. I'll check later after work.

1 hour ago, Dave_Cozmo said:

Thanks. Friends list is no problem, I've just a few. Yesterday I ended up with a very average time with my second account to make things easier but I'd  take forever to find on the chart. Maybe I'd try to speed up a put a decent time. When I click square to show my time it says there's nothing recorded... maybe it'd take a while. I'll check later after work.

Yeah it takes a few minutes to appear or update your time on the leaderboards, don't worry.

Edited by breakXedge

• 2 months later...

100% proven method is to delete a friend who has put a time on the leaderboard for a specific stage, getting bronze, then add the friend back, find on the leaderboard, race against his time, beat it, and the trophy will pop. You don't need to delete lots of people from your friend list at all or have under 100 friends. Just got the platinum trophy. Good luck to all!

Just to add, a dude on the sessions channel got in touch last night, I added as a friend, they then set a lap of 1.04 on a track and messaged me what number their time was in the rankings. I then posted a lap as close as possible to that to limit the one by one scrolling to find their time on leaderboard. Found their lap, hit x button, it said there was no ghost data but I could just try and beat the time. I clicked yes. Beat the lap time and then trophy popped immediately.

Edited by Stevieboy

• 1 month later...

How long does it take to be added to the leaderboards? I didn't have an issue with my alt account. It was like rank 47, really don't wanna scroll for hrs. So I purposely got a slower score on my main (still got a bronze medal) that way I can use my position to scroll less. However, I cannot get ranked on the leaderboard. It's been over an hr.

Edit: I Spent 4 hrs scrolling down. Probably not worth making the score just enough to get bronze in case this happens to someone else.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Did someone find a way to make this work? Every time I click in a name it says that there is no Ghost Available. Also tried with an actual friend and it says the same. 

Edit: Just beat a friend Lap time without the ghost active and the trophy popped. 

Edited by zemiguelreis

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone has problems with this trophy there is a simple solution. Challenge the friends ghost beat him if not pop the trophy remove him from your friends list add him back and beat his time again. Trophy pops 100% guaranteed

Edited by MANU1950

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/11/2020 at 5:34 PM, ShahinMiah said:

I don't believe it is bugged because after seeing your post, i tested it myself as I haven't got the trophy and it popped up perfectly for me.

What I did was, set a time with my US account within the BRONZE time limit so it shows up on global leaderboard. Go to my main account, set a time which is one second faster so it's easier to find my US time trial and takes way less time. Found my US score and i just beat it. A ghost is not needed to beat as when I raced against my US account, before starting, it stated that a ghost wasn't recorded within that time trial, would you like to race the lap time? Clicked yes, beat it and trophy popped straight away

Some say if you have too many friends, then it may not pop even if you beat it. So what's recommended is that you delete that friend and re-add them or delete a lot of other friends. I only have about 24 friends on my account

But if you follow what I just did, it shouldn't be a problem and hopefully it the trophy pops for you

Hey sorry but I need this trophy so you don't need a friend for this? I can get this trophy with a second account?

6 hours ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Hey sorry but I need this trophy so you don't need a friend for this? I can get this trophy with a second account?

As long as your friends on PSN it should work. I did this with an alt, got a similar time and it still took me nearly 15 of scrolling through the leaderboard to find it. >_>

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This trophy was a headache to get.  Luckily, I already had an alt on my friends list, but when your alt sets a time, you need to scroll through thousands of placement to find their placement, then click their name and beat their time that way to get the trophy.  This could have been easily solved if they had just implemented a separate leaderboard strictly for friends.  But that’d be too convenient.

Edited by SpadesOfDarkness