Online co-op?

Lightsp33d1987

From the trophy lists I don’t think there is any forced solo missions. If not mistaken the only trophies for forced solo in Nioh franchise was the dlcs in Nioh 1. Perhaps later will have them. 

btw I think We r friends on PSN. Been awhile ?

On 15/03/2020 at 6:01 AM, YChoon said:

From the trophy lists I don’t think there is any forced solo missions. If not mistaken the only trophies for forced solo in Nioh franchise was the dlcs in Nioh 1. Perhaps later will have them. 

btw I think We r friends on PSN. Been awhile 1f600.png

So you think this game is possible to platinum in co-op then as like above i just remember the first game having a mission where you had to solo it which was needed for the platinum, Just looking for a co-op game and really enjoyed the first.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't want to start a new thread, so this one seems appropriate. Anyone else hates online co-op in this game?

Let me elaborate. I really love the signposts for summoning in Soulsborne series. I know Nioh games do their own thing and deserve their own identity, but I think this multiplayer mechanic from Souls games is flawless and should more or less be copied. I really hate summoning other players to defeat bosses, but absolutely love helping others kill these difficult obstacles. I remember dying dozens of times on bosses from Souls series, but finally learning the fight flawlessly and killing the boss with ease. But after that I never had enough. I wanted to help other players that maybe struggle a bit too much. I craved to share with them that moment of progression. That feeling of someone looking at you thinking "wow, you're so cool" is the most fun I had with games EVER. That perfect anime-like moment, when the protagonist struggles with overpowered enemy, but his senpai suddenly appears and defeats it with two slashes. But not in Nioh! Oh no.

90% of players summoning me to their game don't even think of beating a single enemy alone. They just summon other players on the first sight of the shrine. And don't get me wrong, that's a cool way to play it if both sides are into it. But there is alrady a separate online mode for that - exploration, where you can do the entire missions with another player. I would love to be summoned for a boss fight, instead I have to painstakingly trudge through the level with a player who explores everything and goes through the mission for the first time. That's not fun for the summoned player, at least not for me.

Soulsborne mechanic is perfect here. If I wanted to help some newbie beat the entire level, I would just leave my mark at the beginning. If I wanted XP and boss fight, I would just leave my mark at the gates to the boss room.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but wanted to share this, as this was one of the many MANY things that killed my joy of playing the game and eventually selling it before beating the last area (Doom Eternal was impatiently waiting in line to be beaten).

Edited by NarcissusBaz