Site/Leaderboard suggestions

Bliss

These are just ideas and opinions. Feel free to add to them, criticize them or suggest ideas of your own in this thread if you want. I may add more later myself if they come to mind.

Whitelist

Self-explanatory, really and a regularly requested feature. It isn’t right that people are punished for things out with their control and even staff have mentioned in the past they don’t particularly like flagging those certain games. If it were ever implemented the list of games that are whitelisted would have to be decided by staff and possibly dealt with on a case-by-case basis (with the option of appeal, obviously) as actual cheaters might use that excuse.

Rarity Leaderboard

... a proper, working one that is. PSNP is easily the best trophy-tracking site out there and considering other sites have this feature already it’s a no brainer that PSNP should have it as well to remain competitive and at the top. Along with the whitelist this is also one of the most requested things. People have already suggested ideas on how a rarity leaderboard should work in other threads.

Cheater Removal Team

The CRT only has three members who handle a lot of reports daily and obviously since they have lives outside the site they can’t be around all the time. Two or three new staff members around would help reduce the workload for the current staff and ensure cases get dealt with quicker. Cheaters get removed faster and innocents get back on the leaderboards. Everybody wins. Except cheaters I guess.

Team accounts

Team accounts are just simply not fair on individual players and should not be allowed on the regular leaderboards at all. PSNP used to have a dirty leaderboard so perhaps that can be reopened, renamed and used for teams rather than cheaters or just remove them altogether. Nothing worse than looking at a fastest achievers list and seeing an obvious team at the top as well.

Flag requirements 

Currently, it’s three ‘normal’ flags and you’re off the leaderboards while the automated CFW detection results in almost instant removal. I think tweaking the flag system a little bit is worth considering. CFW would stay as is while using save files that aren’t your own should be 1 flag and off as well. Somewhat questionable timestamps including your own save files would remain at 3 flags. The last type would be soft flags for the whitelist if it were ever implemented, though that would likely be more of a behind-the-scenes CRT thing.

Edited by Bliss
typo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

I agree with nearly all of this, enforcing the no team accounts however might be difficult, since you can play on multiple consoles at once.

It would certainly be difficult in some cases, but I don’t think it would be impossible. I’m hoping that a member of the CRT could verify if this is doable or not.

I think 6-7 CRT members would ideal. I know there are already a few people from this site that are pretty well-trained and I think @B1rvine and grimydawg have a few people in mind.

I would also like to see a whitelist and an official rarity leaderboard would be great. Wouldn't mind seeing an official VR leaderboard available to the public either.

Personally, I think the 3 strikes, your out rule is simple and easy to implement. Make it too complicated, and it'll be too hard for those unfamiliar with the forums and jargon to understand.

However, I wouldn't mind if it's one strike and you're done with CFW as a lot of that is harder to detect and is clearly intentional. It's not something you accidentally do.

Team accounts would just be too hard to prove or disprove unless it's clearly blatant (like a trophy from Assassins Creed, Gravity Rush, infamous, Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 all pop within a few seconds of each other). Otherwise, it'd be too hard to prove and we'd never be able to judge it fairly and get them all imo.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Bliss said:

Self-explanatory, really and a regularly requested feature. It isn’t right that people are punished for things out with their control and even staff have mentioned in the past they don’t particularly like flagging those certain games. If it were ever implemented the list of games that are whitelisted would have to be decided by staff and possibly dealt with on a case-by-case basis (with the option of appeal, obviously) as actual cheaters might use that excuse.

... a proper, working one that is. PSNP is easily the best trophy-tracking site out there and considering other sites have this feature already it’s a no brainer that PSNP should have it as well to remain competitive and at the top. Along with the whitelist this is also one of the most requested things. People have already suggested ideas on how a rarity leaderboard should work in other threads.

The CRT only has three members who handle a lot of reports daily and obviously since they have lives outside the site they can’t be around all the time. Two or three new staff members around would help reduce the workload for the current staff and ensure cases get dealt with quicker. Cheaters get removed faster and innocents get back on the leaderboards. Everybody wins. Except cheaters I guess.

Team accounts are just simply not fair on individual players and should not be allowed on the regular leaderboards at all. PSNP used to have a dirty leaderboard so perhaps that can be reopened, renamed and used for teams rather than cheaters or just remove them altogether. Nothing worse than looking at a fastest achievers list and seeing an obvious team at the top as well.

Currently, it’s three ‘normal’ flags and you’re off the leaderboards while the automated CFW detection results in almost instant removal. I think tweaking the flag system a little bit is worth considering. CFW would stay as is while using save files that aren’t your own should be 1 flag and off as well. Somewhat questionable timestamps including your own save files would remain at 3 flags. The last type would be soft flags for the whitelist if it were ever implemented, though that would likely be more of a behind-the-scenes CRT thing.

Whitelist

I agree with this but not with a free pass.A soft flag would be more appropriate

Rarity Leaderboard

I absolutely agree with this.Nothing more to say.

Cheater Removal Team

I also agree with this.

Team accounts

This has been discussed before extensively and almost everyone(me included) agreed that it's impossible to implement.

Flag requirements

I disagree with this.The current system is very good.People make mistakes.You should give second chances.

Edited by pot1414

1 minute ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Personally, I think the 3 strikes, your out rule is simple and easy to implement. Make it too complicated, and it'll be too hard for those unfamiliar with the forums and jargon to understand.

As long as the CRT understand it, it’s absolutely fine. 3 strikes and you’re out for everything (with the exception of CFW) is far too lenient in my opinion. The three strike rule would still apply to the likes of your own save files or the VITA trick gone wrong. It just shouldn’t apply to known save patterns (i.e external saves, like I mentioned) as that is not accidental either. You can’t accidentally download a modded save.

I'm not opposed to expanding CRT but taken the community here in PSNP, it would take a while to find who could actually be unbiased in most of the cases. So far I've been fairly happy with the CRTs work they've done with the disputes. It's important to keep a neutral stance to every situation, even if it's the most obvious BO2 autopop situation etc.

Edited by totallycrushed
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

A soft flag would be more appropriate

Soft flags were briefly addressed at the end of my post. I can agree on that.

14 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

I disagree with this.The current system is very good.People make mistakes.You should give second chances

Vita trick gone wrong? Sure. 3 flags as is at the moment.

Your own save file popped some trophies? No problem. Hide that shit.

Downloaded someone else’s save so you could pop trophies? Nope. You can’t accidentally do that.
Straight up used CFW? Haha. No. 

People get a fair amount of chances already, and those who have been removed always have the option of starting a new account so they can go legit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bliss said:

Downloaded someone else’s save so you could pop trophies? Nope. You can’t accidentally do that.

I mean, it could be their old save from a ps3 and just didn't sync... it'd be tough to prove if it's one they got online or from another ps3. That's why I think 1 flag for that is fine.

Also, I agree you can't accidentally do that, but you can do it before joining the site and be unaware of the rule in general. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I mean, it could be their old save from a ps3 and just didn't sync... it'd be tough to prove if it's one they got online or from another ps3. That's why I think 1 flag for that is fine.

CRT frequently point out save file usage in disputes all the time. CFW too, if the automated system they have misses it. Obviously they can prove it in some way. :hmm:

Also, I agree you can't accidentally do that, but you can do it before joining the site and be unaware of the rule in general. 

The forum has threads detailing all the rules, what constitutes a flag, etc. Ignorance is not an excuse for rule-breaking. If someone used save files years ago and wants to use this site in full (leaderboards) then they should create a new account.

There needs to be a second chance with using online save files. Two reasons,

1) they may have used the save file before they knew of this website and thus the rules.

2) they got desperate in a game and used a save, regretted it and then never used one again. (Logically they should have hidden it but hindsight is wonderful, or they dont know how to hide it)

Edited by charxsetsuna

2 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

One of my thoughts is that the rule that states you need three flaggable trophies to be reported needs to either be enforced not ignored like it currently is. Or completely done away with.  

For most cases, it’s enforced.  There’s situations though, where a list is completely fine, other than a single trophy earned in 1999, or where one single trophy is earned that’s impossible for any number of reasons, or cases where smart cheaters have clearly cheated two trophies and try use the rules against us like a crummy public defender. 

2 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

I think @B1rvine and grimydawg have a few people in mind.

Yeah, I have one person in particular I’d nominate. I’d definitely welcome a reduced workload.

Edited by B1rvine

2 hours ago, totallycrushed said:

I'm not opposed to expanding CRT but taken the community here in PSNP, it would take a while to find who could actually be unbiased in most of the cases. So far I've been fairly happy with the CRTs work they've done with the disputes. It's important to keep a neutral stance to every situation, even if it's the most obvious BO2 autopop situation etc.

Yes, that was originally a concern of mine as well but I trust the staff to recruit those suitable for the job. I’ve heard a couple of names that seem alright. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the current staff. It doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t recruit some more to help out, though.

1 hour ago, charxsetsuna said:

1) they may have used the save file before they knew of this website and thus the rules.

Then they should create a new account.

1 hour ago, charxsetsuna said:

2) they got desperate in a game and used a save, regretted it and then never used one again. (Logically they should have hidden it but hindsight is wonderful, or they dont know how to hide it)

Same as above, in my opinion. 

There is also a very helpful thread on here that shows users how to hide things. People really should be reading all these FAQ threads and the rules when they join the site.

5 minutes ago, Bliss said:

Yes, that was originally a concern of mine as well but I trust the staff to recruit those suitable for the job. I’ve heard a couple of names that seem alright. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the current staff. It doesn’t mean that they shouldn’t recruit some more to help out, though.

Then they should create a new account.

Same as above, in my opinion. 

There is also a very helpful thread on here that shows users how to hide things. People really should be reading all these FAQ threads and the rules when they join the site.

Yes they should throw away what could be ten years of gaming memories for a single minor mistake,  sorry that's not fair if it's only a single flag. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

Yes they should throw away what could be ten years of gaming memories for a single minor mistake,  sorry that's not fair if it's only a single flag. 

Depends. If they care about the leaderboards then they should create a new account. If they don’t care about them then they may as well just continue to play on that account. I wouldn’t call save file usage minor either. 

@Bliss I have a couple of bones to pick with the current CRT but those are more personal gripes and shit :D They haven't been spotless but seriously they've done a really good job with the disputes. Just need more neutral stance on even the most obvious cases of cheating from the get go etc.

TBH the whole thing needs refining but that's another topic in itself.

17 minutes ago, Bliss said:

Depends. If they care about the leaderboards then they should create a new account. If they don’t care about them then they may as well just continue to play on that account. I wouldn’t call save file usage minor either. 

If its recent then no it's not minor but if they did it about ten years ago and not since I would call it minor because they have clearly learnt their mistake.

Edited by charxsetsuna

8 minutes ago, totallycrushed said:

@Bliss I have a couple of bones to pick with the current CRT but those are more personal gripes and shit :D They haven't been spotless but seriously they've done a really good job with the disputes. Just need more neutral stance on even the most obvious cases of cheating from the get go etc.

TBH the whole thing needs refining but that's another topic in itself.

What do you mean “the whole thing needs refining?” 

I’d rather keep any personal gripes out of the thread for obvious reasons. :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Team accounts would just be too hard to prove or disprove unless it's clearly blatant

Okay. How about a “one unique console at a time” rule?

PS3, VITA and PS4 at the same time = fine

Multiple PS3 games popping at the same time = not fine

You might not be able to catch all teams but the blatant ones are good enough.

On 13/03/2020 at 11:32 PM, Bliss said:

Okay. How about a “one unique console at a time” rule?

PS3, VITA and PS4 at the same time = fine

Multiple PS3 games popping at the same time = not fine

You might not be able to catch all teams but the blatant ones are good enough.

The problem with that is that ps3 consoles and games are fairly cheap now.

If it's two games that require active inputs then maybe but if one of the games could possibly be possible while not paying full attention then we cant prove anything.

For example because I'm playing skyrim atm, someone could be letting a dialogue scene run its course in skyrim while doing a quest in fallout 3 for example. This could result in two ps3 games having trophies pop at the same/similar time and its completely legit.

1 minute ago, BeautifulTorment said:

If you hide a flagged game, you are put back on the leaderboards. That is effectively a white list. Nothing else needs to be done re: a whitelist. Can we stop with the whitelist nonsense?

That would be the case if it weren't for the stigma of having hidden games. Be honest and say people dont look at a person's list and see they have hidden games and dont assume that person was cheating.

• Like 2