This game sucks so hard...

Let me start this by apologizing for the rant. i'm a big fan of the manga/anime and want to have platinuns for all Saint Seiya games since i'm a trophy hunter aswell, but this game is making me SO MAD. Man, everything is so poorly designed for a Beat 'Em Up...

- How does the game wants me to fight 873 enemies at the same time but only show half of them? The camera in this game is AWFUL, it will constantly try to follow you and make you lose sight of the majority of enemies you're fighting, so you cannot defend properly. This leads to another thing: why so many enemies??? Of course i was joking when i said 873, but you will constantly face 30+ soldiers, feels like half of Greece is coming to hunt you down.

- The boss battles (Gold Saints) are just straight up TERRIBLE. Some of them just spam special attacks non stop while they pretty much always defend your attacks when you actually find a way to hit them, this is such a lazy design... And why make the player fight the same boss so many times??? I was staggered when the game made me fight Deathmask for the FOURTH time. Like, seriously!?

- Feels like some attacks don't always deal the same damage. You can get hit by a few kicks and lose 20% of your life bar, than get hit by the same attack from the same enemy and see like 60% of it just disappear. What the fuck...? And speaking of the combat, the parry mechanic is really bad. Sometimes you will parry and try to hit the enemy but, since your parry doesn't cancel his attack, you will get hit. Really stupid.

Theres so many other little things in this game that completely ruin the experience but i wont go further on it. Sorry again but a had to vent, maybe i'm just upset because i came to this game after finishing one where stuff actually works (God of War II). I highly advise to just skip this game. Seriously, dont waste your time on it.

Edited by evs_castro
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On 14/03/2020 at 4:09 AM, evs_castro said:

Let me start this by apologizing for the rant. i'm a big fan of the manga/anime and want to have platinuns for all Saint Seiya games since i'm a trophy hunter aswell, but this game is making me SO MAD. Man, everything is so poorly designed for a Beat 'Em Up...

- How does the game wants me to fight 873 enemies at the same time but only show half of them? The camera in this game is AWFUL, it will constantly try to follow you and make you lose sight of the majority of enemies you're fighting, so you cannot defend properly. This leads to another thing: why so many enemies??? Of course i was joking when i said 873, but you will constantly face 30+ soldiers, feels like half of Greece is coming to hunt you down.

- The boss battles (Gold Saints) are just straight up TERRIBLE. Some of them just spam special attacks non stop while they pretty much always defend your attacks when you actually find a way to hit them, this is such a lazy design... And why make the player fight the same boss so many times??? I was staggered when the game made me fight Deathmask for the FOURTH time. Like, seriously!?

- Feels like some attacks don't always deal the same damage. You can get hit by a few kicks and lose 20% of your life bar, than get hit by the same attack from the same enemy and see like 60% of it just disappear. What the fuck...? And speaking of the combat, the parry mechanic is really bad. Sometimes you will parry and try to hit the enemy but, since your parry doesn't cancel his attack, you will get hit. Really stupid.

Theres so many other little things in this game that completely ruin the experience but i wont go further on it. Sorry again but a had to vent, maybe i'm just upset because i came to this game after finishing one where stuff actually works (God of War II). I highly advise to just skip this game. Seriously, dont waste your time on it.

You are right. Especially mission mode where you have to complete same stage several time on different difficulties if you are going for platinum. I like saint Seiya Brave Soldiers more than this game. I totally agree with you. By the way I somehow Earned platinum in this by spending more than 50 hours in this game.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, darealshivang said:

You are right. Especially mission mode where you have to complete same stage several time on different difficulties if you are going for platinum. I like saint Seiya Brave Soldiers more than this game. I totally agree with you. By the way I somehow Earned platinum in this by spending more than 50 hours in this game.

Yeah, i was hoping that Brave Soldiers was better than this one. Did you got the plat on Brave?

9 hours ago, Ziggylergros230 said:

Phoenix is op btw.

This was the 1st game I bought of the internet aka eBay . I still like it a little.

Yeah, he is op if you get him to max attack and use the items to increase it even more, but until there you suffer a lot! Haha

44 minutes ago, darealshivang said:

No I haven't but I have the game and i played that game and i enjoyed that game.

I'll be starting it soon, hope it's more enjoyable than Sanctuary Battle. lol

Edited by evs_castro