How tough is the completion?

I really enjoyed this game and the lore and such it's not super hard to plat and 100 like the previous poster mentioned in their other thread though the second dlc is definitely nightmare fuel difficulty wise but once you get the bosses patterns down and luck out and survive on the hardest difficulty I guarantee you will feel a real sense of accomplishment in this 100% and a new respect for Dracula's awesome power like the old games made him strong but in this series he can flick god and destroy him thankfully Dracula isn't really "evil" just wants to maintain the balance doing the necessary evil which can be soul crushingly evil

Also another note on the dlc boss mentioned. I'd suggest meditation in real life concentrate on patience ect cause once u get his moves down and ur ready to lay the smack down...... U will be doing a slice of a hairs hair of damage so u will be in the fight trying to survive for a loooong time

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I like the old god of war clones on ps3 and i have played most of them (except for Asura's wrath but its in my backlog)

This will be my next game to platinum and hopefully 100% if i can defeat the forgotten one on paladin.

After playing through it once just for fun back in 2017, i moved on to other games but seeing this game at 44% starts to bother me.

So now i have finally prepared myself mentally to play through it once on normal for the trials and then on paladin.

The fight i am mostly dreading is the forgotten one which i defeated on easy but it was annoying already and probably one of the main reasons i have postponed this game.

Also there was a section where you had to aim spears or swords at the forgotten one and i was used to inverted camera y axis but i couldnt change that in the game so i failed that section alot. 

Since then i have learned normal controls again just for this boss so i guess i will come a little bit prepared :P

My tactic will probably be the hit and run strategy: learn his attacks and attack just after i dodged an attack.

Edit: Done

Edited by SHADOW-KILLER-S2

• 4 weeks later...
On 21.04.2020 at 2:07 PM, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

I like the old god of war clones on ps3 and i have played most of them (except for Asura's wrath but its in my backlog)

With all due respect, God of War wasn't innovative in term of gameplay. And in fact, while playing it, constantly I got a feeling, that's many mechanics was copied directly from Legacy of Kain series.
So I wouldn't call games like Castelvania or Dante inferno as God of War clones. Maybe, as similar to it, as obviously GoW is the most popular out of them, but not as a clones. 

Edited by Reunion33
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/07/2020 at 3:02 PM, MtalCat said:

Finished the DLC boss on Paladin and it wasnt thaaaat hard. If you can beat Dark souls, you can this. Takes a lot of patience but its not imposible.

I mean I've beaten Bloodborne and Demon's Souls, plus a few Dark Souls bosses, but this guy takes the cake as far as annoying bosses go.

1 hour ago, James_Tonto said:

I mean I've beaten Bloodborne and Demon's Souls, plus a few Dark Souls bosses, but this guy takes the cake as far as annoying bosses go.

Watching a couple of videos to learn his patterns and when to attack really changes the game here. Before that I had pretty much given up as I'd found it almost impossible trying to beat him.

On 19/02/2021 at 3:36 AM, black__bunny said:

Watching a couple of videos to learn his patterns and when to attack really changes the game here. Before that I had pretty much given up as I'd found it almost impossible trying to beat him.

Yeah looking at the videos, it just seems like a painfully slow slog. Whittling this asshat down, like a block of wood with nothing but some sandpaper to destroy the block or something. As far as I'm aware, items don't even phase him either. I know he's simply ignored Dark Crystals which you think they'd let you use on this guy. He makes Satan look like a minor bump on the road XD.

Edit: I beat the Forgotten One, after taking a day off. I had to put it on Knight difficulty at first to beat him, give myself the confidence to try for that slightly harder difficulty. I re-downloaded my save file and beat him on Paladin. Then cleaned up the trials. You've really gotta be calm when fighting him, which is hard, especially when you whittle him down to just a sliver of health on his last phase. Get in, take two hits, get back quickly. Rinse n repeat. The Forgotten One is a boss that punishes you for being greedy. Worse is that he lets you take those hits before reacting with one of his AoE attacks to knock you back.

Edited by James_Tonto

From what I remember this is s fairly middle of the road completion.

The main game is standard 360/ps3 trophy/achievement list.

1st playtru:Beat the game, collectibles, and upgrades.

2nd:Beat the game on highest setting, collect the collectibles you couldn’t the 1st time around along with any of the optional objectives.

Pretty simple, the two dlcs on the other hand are a bit more tricky.

the extra objectives are harder overall and the 2nd dlc’s final boss is a legit challenge (hardest part of the whole game)

But still they both are so short that it can’t possibly take you much time so it balances out.

Overall it’s a decent god of war clone with some solid world building and lore.

I really liked the art direction, and it’s level design is probably better then the old school gow’s tbh.

I think you can handle it my dude, so have it!

Never got to play the DLCs since they can’t be found in the Swedish PS store for some reason. Would love to 100% the game but not possible for me.  Unless someone knows a way to get them some other way?

Heard the DLC is supposed to be harder than any main game challenges or bosses.  

Btw both C:LoS has awesome lore and great narration. Really wish Mercury Steam would stick to single player games instead of crap like Spacelords. 

Edited by Quink666

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10.3.2021 at 0:11 PM, Baron_Bonk said:

Finally finished chapter 14-2 on Paladin last night. That's the only thing that makes completion really hard. The rest of the game is fun to play.

Beat it a few days ago myself. Once I considered him a Souls boss and played accordingly I found him a lot easier to deal with.