Doom Multiplayer concerns after the release of Doom Eternal

DarthMagnus0605

Hey Trophy Hunters,

So with the release of Doom Eternal on the horizon I decided to hop back into the original Doom to see if I could 100% the game not just as a way to get myself excited for the release of the sequel but also as part of the Spring 2020 Backlog Challenge. I had such a blast with the main game and I recently hopped into the multiplayer mode. I was surprised to find out that the multiplayer is actually really fun. It is the perfect type of chill, laid back, catch up on my podcasts while I play type of experience. I also have noticed that the lobbies are pretty full with players which is really nice to see. My main concern is that once Doom Eternal comes out the player count is going to drop dramatically. I wouldn't have a problem with this in most circumstances but with update 6.66 I realized that the two trophies to get the Robotic and Cyber-Demonic armor will require quite a bit of grinding to get to the required Echelon levels. I want to pace myself with the multiplayer but I am worried that there won't be enough people online once the sequel comes out and I wont be able to get these two trophies. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Should I prioritize getting these trophies now or can I take my time with them?

47 minutes ago, DarthMagnus0605 said:

Hey Trophy Hunters,

So with the release of Doom Eternal on the horizon I decided to hop back into the original Doom to see if I could 100% the game not just as a way to get myself excited for the release of the sequel but also as part of the Spring 2020 Backlog Challenge. I had such a blast with the main game and I recently hopped into the multiplayer mode. I was surprised to find out that the multiplayer is actually really fun. It is the perfect type of chill, laid back, catch up on my podcasts while I play type of experience. I also have noticed that the lobbies are pretty full with players which is really nice to see. My main concern is that once Doom Eternal comes out the player count is going to drop dramatically. I wouldn't have a problem with this in most circumstances but with update 6.66 I realized that the two trophies to get the Robotic and Cyber-Demonic armor will require quite a bit of grinding to get to the required Echelon levels. I want to pace myself with the multiplayer but I am worried that there won't be enough people online once the sequel comes out and I wont be able to get these two trophies. What is everyone's thoughts on this? Should I prioritize getting these trophies now or can I take my time with them?

From all I've heard it shouldn't be a huge worry because doom eternal isn't supposed to have much of a multiplayer but that's just what I read in another forum on here I don't know much but I'm planning to start work on doom myself pretty soon so I'm in sorta the same boat as u on needing the multiplayer to still be active enough to get my 100%

• 2 weeks later...