No way out of this darn No Way Out trophy? Resident Evil 2

VentiAmericano

On 7/25/2020 at 6:02 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Just a little message of hope for those struggling - I felt like this was really out of my reach - I’m not the greatest player pf RE2, and only got through hardcore through very cautious play, but don’t lose hope.

I never once made it past 60 in No Way Out - my scores were all 53 / 56 / 58 ish, or like 14 / 16 ish on crappy tries, then one time, I just hit 100. No slow build up, no indication I was doing better or worse, things just went my way.

I don’t actually think the difference between a winning run and a losing one is necessarily skill - it’s more just waiting for a run where you don’t encounter some bad luck bullshit. 

good luck - keep at it. If I can get this trophy, trust me, you can too!

I agree there on the RNG. What can save you is that time you get a critical headshot, or what can ruin you is that the zombie charged close enough to actually grab you. It helps when they decide to walk into the wall/shelf instead of all coming for you, but that is dependent on the programming. Or if you can blockade a path with an electrocuted enemy as they damage any that comes close.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

I feel all the pain in this thread so hard. This is my last RE2 trophy and the reason its been in my backlog unfinished for the past couple years. I plan on giving it another go soon and I am really dreading it. Can never make it past 60 kills because I just get overwhelmed so easily in the small space. I made it into the 80s or 90s once and screwed up and haven't really touched it since out of spite lol. I know a lot of people say this is easier than the 4th Survivor mode but I am way better at that sort of thing than being stuck in a small space with nowhere to go as hordes of zombies come at me from all sides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, popnheart said:

I feel all the pain in this thread so hard. This is my last RE2 trophy and the reason its been in my backlog unfinished for the past couple years. I plan on giving it another go soon and I am really dreading it. Can never make it past 60 kills because I just get overwhelmed so easily in the small space. I made it into the 80s or 90s once and screwed up and haven't really touched it since out of spite lol. I know a lot of people say this is easier than the 4th Survivor mode but I am way better at that sort of thing than being stuck in a small space with nowhere to go as hordes of zombies come at me from all sides.

I feel the same way. However, I am legitimately terrified of going for this trophy considering RE8 Mercenaries actually made my Dualsense start drifting. Hell I'm already scared that FF7 Remake on hard is killing my controller. I've honestly considered getting someone to do it for me with their own controller but I really want to get it myself. 

3 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I feel the same way. However, I am legitimately terrified of going for this trophy considering RE8 Mercenaries actually made my Dualsense start drifting. Hell I'm already scared that FF7 Remake on hard is killing my controller. I've honestly considered getting someone to do it for me with their own controller but I really want to get it myself. 

Oh man, I dropped RE8 for a bit because of mercenaries.. getting all S ranks is seeming nearly impossible to me thanks to my horrible sense of direction + the factory stages lol. I do hope your controller makes it ?

omg i done it. i fkn done it.

i used this video to help me.

i think the key to it is practise and master each stages, eg knowing what to do in 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc. even the later stages you;d get used to it even though it may mean alot of restarting.

also to dodge enemies let them rush toward you and you pull away, when the hands reach out and start to go down you can run back to them because they completed their attack and they'll continue moving on, and you can run past them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just finished this and wow, that was intense! Making you do this in that teensy little gas station was crazy. I’m not sure how many attempts it took me but it was definitely under 10. Maybe 7-8 max. I was feeling pretty confident after getting to 61 on my first blind attempt, but that turned out to be beginners luck as my next few attempts I got absolutely wrecked in the 40-60 range and couldn’t figure out how I’d managed to get past it before lol.

This mode is a pain in the arse no doubt, but I had a lot of fun! It was super fucking intense at moments and felt like a proper ass-clenching Resident Evil experience. Probably aged a few years off my life but oh well… I got the trophy and that’s all that matters! ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got that fucking trophy after maybe 30 tries or so. I found this trophy to be very difficult and still wonder how people can say it would be easy. Also the percent average on psnprofiles surprises me. I watched almost all of the videos you guys postet here and to me none of them was really helpful because you simply cannot copy the runs of someone else. My pulse was super high when the last waves started and I had to take a 10 minute break otherwise I would've collapsed (no kidding). This game does a fantastic job in making you feel insecure and scared. 

I do not have any tips. It's all about luck, so I wish you all the best when going for this fucking trophy. Godspeed.

Edited by Solid-Fisch