Rumor: Konami is set to revive Metal Gear, Castlevania & Silent Hill

ziggypossum

8 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

Death Stranding 2. and an unnanounced cloud based project with microsoft.

None of these projects have been confirmed.
As for the microsoft - it was just an agreement of intent to work in the future, no one gave the green light to this project.

Edited by ziggypossum
edit
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

None of these projects have been confirmed.
As for the microsoft - it was just an agreement of intent to work in the future, no one gave the green light to this project.

ahh ok.

kojima productions have lost a fair few members of staff over the last few years. so we'll have to see.

On 3/16/2020 at 5:20 AM, rolltideroll157 said:

Yeah the mass majority of people would disagree with you completely on that one...

I for one agree with him, i didn't like Silent Hills it's too much not silent hill and i prefer third person view in horror games.

9 hours ago, Great_MazingerZ said:

I for one agree with him, i didn't like Silent Hills it's too much not silent hill and i prefer third person view in horror games.

I mean, we'll never know for sure, but I don't think the final game was going to be first person. I think that was just a technique in the demo to disguise what franchise it was. I can't imagine Kojima hiring a celebrity and then sticking to a first person viewpoint.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 8:35 AM, starcrunch061 said:

Bloodstained shows that you don't need to attach the "Castlevania" name to make a great Castlevania-like game.

Did I really say this? 

<Checks trophy log>

Ah, I made an assumption that RotN was great before I played it. <phew> I thought I had gone mad, because I hate RotN.

• 7 months later...
12 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

In my opinion nothing has reached this level of Survival/Horror since 1, 2 and 3

Personally, I don't mind western developers trying to do something new in the SH franchise, but to be honest, I don't really hope for the magic to be revived that disappeared almost 20 years ago.
Moreover, I truly believe that only the japanese developers can bring the fire back again. But will they? 

In 2014 there was hope (PT) here, it's gone now.

• Like 1

With anything Konami-related, it's hard to believe in the legitimacy of the leaks even when you're looking at shots like these. Especially if it's Silent Hill. The rumours and fakes about a new SH have been circling around for years. 

I'm sure this game is real, but I'm also waiting for a confirmation. 

Not that I'm excited after seeing the images above. That shit looks like an episode of Hoarders.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 3

On 13/05/2022 at 9:09 AM, Z1MZUM said:

Thanks for this. It doesn't say minge on her face.

In my opinion nothing has reached this level of Survival/Horror since 1, 2 and 3

Thanks for pointing that out as I didn't notice it at first. It says "Minger" which is a British term referring to someone as ugly which raises some questions because Silent Hill games are set in America but as far as I'm aware Minger is not a term used in America right?

Some of these images are interesting, as is who they found is the model for what is assumed to be the main character. All that rubbish rather than silent hill could just literally be what she lives among. I've seen that sort of thing, hard as it might be to believe for some, but there are people who bring up children up in very dirty housing. Her model being half Brazilian and Japanese might play into it too, more the Brazilian part than the Japanese one. That design which you'd have to guess is of an enemy does look like a woman with an afro. Perhaps race plays a part in the story.

VGC sources: Konami is planning 3 Silent Hill titles

- Silent Hill 2 Remake developed by Bloober Team

- smaller Silent Hill title by Annapurna Interactive (episodic short stories)

- new mainline Silent Hill game

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/konamis-silent-hill-plans-could-include-a-remake-full-sequel-and-episodic-stories/

If they're really making SH2 remake, then that tweet from the SH2 art director possibly makes more sense. The one where he said "I wish I hadn't designed fxxkin Pyramid Head." 

Although, who knows really. Konami has used that character many times, including an appearance in a karting game, IIRC.

The images leaked last week are understood to be related to a PT-style teaser game, codenamed ‘Sakura’, which is intended to be released as a free digital title to build anticipation for the larger projects.

On 5/16/2022 at 4:31 AM, Rozalia1 said:

Thanks for pointing that out as I didn't notice it at first. It says "Minger" which is a British term referring to someone as ugly which raises some questions because Silent Hill games are set in America but as far as I'm aware Minger is not a term used in America right?

Some of these images are interesting, as is who they found is the model for what is assumed to be the main character. All that rubbish rather than silent hill could just literally be what she lives among. I've seen that sort of thing, hard as it might be to believe for some, but there are people who bring up children up in very dirty housing. Her model being half Brazilian and Japanese might play into it too, more the Brazilian part than the Japanese one. That design which you'd have to guess is of an enemy does look like a woman with an afro. Perhaps race plays a part in the story.

As children we often went through derelict houses that looked just like the images. There really is nothing frightening about what's been shown but we can live in hope.

Pretty Sure North America doesn't use the words Minge or Minger and the only reason we do in Australia is thanks to the original Inbetweeners.

mingemobile.jpg

• 3 months later...

Silent Hill 2 Remake screenshots allegedly leak online

https://www.eurogamer.net/silent-hill-2-remake-screenshots-allegedly-leak-online

Another day, another alleged Silent Hill leak. This one purports to be of Bloober Team's alleged Silent Hill 2 remake.

They're incredibly small and incredibly bad quality, which means they're impossible to confirm either way with any credible veracity, but the poster shared the images with the legend: "First leaked image of Silent Hill 2 Remake supposedly developed by Bloober Team".

FTWayly.png

Edited by ziggypossum
LOL
  • Like 1