COVID-19 Megathread

Mesopithecus

9 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

I was wondering what became of AstraZeneca's one. Looks like AZ are seeking their EUA for later this month or early next, and they have some of it ready to go in case of an approval.

Well technically it is approved in the EU but it doesn't have a very good reputation. For a while it was pulled from the market even after being approved. Germany (and I assume) other EU states bought millions of doses but they are now rotting away because nobody wants to use it. I don't know what the situation with vaccines is in the USA or other parts of the world but EU screwed up majorly. 

It's quite funny how many European Nations Leaders feel like they can just step all over Australia. 

The Covid Timeline,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Completely fucks up any meaningful quarantine, Blocks consignments of AstraZeneca to Australia. Doesn't want to take said blocked consignments. Dear European leaders, are you like 12? 

On 8.3.2021 at 10:08 PM, ScarecrowsFate said:

Very pleased that my elderly mother will be receiving her Moderna booster this week. She had no side effects whatsoever after the first dose, fortunately.

Glad to hear she is fine!

However it's no surprise there are no side effects. There's a higher probability to die in a car accident and I don't think you are as relieved every time a relative of yours has finished a trip. 

9 hours ago, Lordidude said:

However it's no surprise there are no side effects.

It seems that the immune response following the second dose in particular sometimes knocks people on their ass. My mother was no exception: she was bedridden for several days with severe fatigue, fever, body pain, and nausea—says it's the sickest she's ever been. "Still far superior to dying on a ventilator with COVID," I told her.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

It seems that the immune response following the second dose in particular sometimes knocks people on their ass. My mother was no exception: she was bedridden for several days with severe fatigue, fever, body pain, and nausea—says it's the sickest she's ever been. "Still far superior to dying on a ventilator with COVID," I told her.

Both my wife's parents seem to be susceptible to the worst side effects of any medial procedure, but aside from some site soreness and achiness, they had no effects from their 2nd shots. They have friends that seem to have the stories coinciding with some of the beridden/nausea though.

And none of my teacher acquaintances have had anything other than soreness and an evening of tiredness.

• Like 1

I find the arguments for school re-opening kind of amusing... in a sad way.

There are plenty of logical arguments for why re-opening is necessary... low income families that can't afford the internet needed for remote learning, parents who can't afford to stay home from work to watch their kids or don't have any options to facilitate it, to some degree giving kids the chance again to socialize and get out of the house, etc.

Yet I see parents taking the stance of how ruined their children are from a year of remote and hybrid learning, basically going public calling their kids damaged goods and unfixable... not just now, but 20 years from now.  I mean... let's be honest here... if anything is going to ruin them, maybe it's these garbage parents basically calling their kids lost causes to their faces and the world for no particular reason, and have already started the excuse machine blaming everything from COVID to the kitchen sink for any mistakes they ever make in their lives from here on out.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got my first shot last week, unfortunately the dates available are so sporadic that despite getting my parents appts before me, they're scheduled to get it next weekend.

Of course the weather is getting nice so everyone I know is in "BWEH... BU-  BUT THE WEATHER IS NICE.  WE GOTTA-... WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING!  NOW!!  QUICK!  THE WEATHER!  <rattle off 100 reasons why this weekend is the only weekend we can ever do something>  LET ME IN YOUR HOUSE!  LET ME IN!  LET ME INN!!" mode. Where I'm inclined to just lay low a bit longer, get the vaccines in our system, then actually go back to normal because it makes sense... and not just because of the weather, or because we feel like it.

I was at my local grocery store yesterday which is also my local pharmacy and they announced over the loud speaker that they had extra Johnson & Johnson vaccines so I managed to get one early. It's good because this is the 'one and done' vaccine and I won't have to go back again.

Unfortunately... my arm hurts and I think I'm having some side effects from it but I don't think they are anything serious enough to go to ER over. Hopefully they'll go away after a couple of days. ?

Edited by SelectiveGamer

11 hours ago, SelectiveGamer said:

I was at my local grocery store yesterday which is also my local pharmacy and they announced over the loud speaker that they had extra Johnson & Johnson vaccines so I managed to get one early. It's good because this is the 'one and done' vaccine and I won't have to go back again.

Unfortunately... my arm hurts and I think I'm having some side effects from it but I don't think they are anything serious enough to go to ER over. Hopefully they'll go away after a couple of days. 1f613.png

Yea, I had some side effects from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, they kicked in around 8 hours after I had it.  Mostly chills and joint aches - I took a Tylenol and drank plenty of water, and felt fine the day after sleeping most of it off.  I hope you're doing alright now and the side effects didn't last too long for you!

11 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Yea, I had some side effects from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, they kicked in around 8 hours after I had it.  Mostly chills and joint aches - I took a Tylenol and drank plenty of water, and felt fine the day after sleeping most of it off.  I hope you're doing alright now and the side effects didn't last too long for you!

Feeling completely fine now so all good lol

4 minutes ago, Yuna4353 said:

im getting my Pizer vaccine on Tuesday, does anyone know if a consent form is filled out while there or i I need to do that. my county is saying to bring a consent form, and I do not know if I need to fill it out beforehand. 

In my county, the only thing I needed was the printout from scheduling the appointment online

I've had my first shot of Moderna's vaccine a few days ago. The side effects hit after about two hours- hot flashes, fatigue, a mild headache, and some soreness in my right arm. While I can stay up until 11PM-1AM usually, I was in bed by about 9:30 PM that night after taking some Tylenol (1000 mg) and Benadryl (50 mg). The ache in my arm was gone completely after a couple days.

I am so glad to have gotten vaccinated. The side effects are nothing compared to what C19 can dish out. My weather will be terrible next Thursday, barely breaking 50. Screw that... I'm ready for 70 or better. Even as the weather warms up, I don't really plan on getting out much until the situation straightens out. I guess trying to go back to normal should probably wait until at least June or July.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 6:13 PM, Yuna4353 said:

Got my first shot today, arm feeling ok so far plan on taking some pain meds tonight after my class 

7 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

I've had my first shot of Moderna's vaccine a few days ago. The side effects hit after about two hours- hot flashes, fatigue, a mild headache, and some soreness in my right arm. While I can stay up until 11PM-1AM usually, I was in bed by about 9:30 PM that night after taking some Tylenol (1000 mg) and Benadryl (50 mg). The ache in my arm was gone completely after a couple days.

I am so glad to have gotten vaccinated. The side effects are nothing compared to what C19 can dish out. My weather will be terrible next Thursday, barely breaking 50. Screw that... I'm ready for 70 or better. Even as the weather warms up, I don't really plan on getting out much until the situation straightens out. I guess trying to go back to normal should probably wait until at least June or July.

Glad to hear that for both of you ?

• Like 1

There is no possibility of vaccinating younger people in my country, they are having difficulties vaccinating even the elderly, and this week the Russian Sputnik V vaccine was refused by my country's regulatory body.

The sooner we get out of this COVID-19 pandemic, the better.

I've had relationships end, work end, had to cancel everything regarding school and future vacation due to COVID. All this while Donald Trump was destroying the country with his idiotic philosophies, and so many people just ate his words up.

My depression hit all time highs last year, with the worst of it coming around Election time when Joe Biden and Trump were acting like children on the national stage.

The second shot for me will come this Saturday, and from there I should be good for a while. Neglected practically everything since March of last year when my area was officially under quarantine. I feel slightly better about things so far this year but it's still been a miserable fucking experience.

Stay safe everyone, it's a rough world out there.

• Like 3