Trophy thoughts?

charxsetsuna

8 hours ago, ShonenCat said:

Pretty easy list, so this one is obviously in the bag 1f60b.png

For those wondering about the lack of platinum, this port is being handled by Nightdive Studios instead of Nerve Software like DOOM I & II. I’m pretty sure that has something to do with it. Looks like they couldn’t be bothered to make an extensive trophy list to warrant a platinum. But platinum or not, we should all be happy that DOOM 64 is finally leaving the N64 after 20+ years. There are good reasons to be excited. I know I am 1f608.png

doom642.gif

You could always tweet at Nightdive Studios or Bethesda to ask them to make the game have a Platinum. Nightdive is usually pretty responsive to tweets.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, charxsetsuna said:

Looks disappointing to be honest. I expected more trophies even if there wasn't a plat.

Same thoughts, I also expected them to add some difficulty related trophies like they did with the other games. They sadly didn’t put any afford into this one.

What the 10 trophies is going on here. I can see back in PS 3 this happening but in 2020? What tiny rock in what tiny corner of the world are these people from? “Look paw city slickers and they askin bout trophies !”

9 hours ago, red_tyrant said:

In the original doom 64 you can play a couple of levels labeled as "fun" after you unlock the Features option in the pause menu (with a code or after finishing Hectic). The trophy has a screenshot of the level Cat and Mouse.

Im more curious about the "lost levels" trophy. I heard about new levels for this remaster and trophies related to all secret levels (demon keys, hectic and fun) are already covered. 1f914.png

Anyway... im really hyped right now. A little disappointing the lack of platinum, but doom 64 is one of my fav games ever.

Edit: I finally made my first post!? Doom can move mountains!

Ok thank you I wasn't too sure as I haven't played 64 as much as the dos ones, My guess for the lost levels one is that there unlocked after playing the new levels maybe. Or like original Doom 64 it's unlocked by secret levels. But I'm really not sure.

This was my first game on N64. For those wondering about difficulty, "whatch me die" is the hardest setting, it seems more like "ultra-violence" from Doom 1 and 2, no monsters respawn so easier than "nightmare".

You could not save within stages, instead there is a password system that puts you at the start of each stage, finishing it will unlock the next password and so on. Back in the day passwords were the way we used to resume our gaming, to be able to save in N64 you had to use a separate cartridge inserted on the controller.

The passwords will make this list very easy, massive shame there is no platinum, this game is the sequel to the original Doom 2: Hell on Earth

• Like 2

No platinum is a bummer, but it actually is gonna help me a bit with my OCD. DOOM (2016) was my first platinum, and I'm going to save DOOM Eternal to be #100. And then I want to replay the classic DOOM games as a 1, 2, 3 placement (for example: DOOM (1993) as #101, DOOM II as #102, and DOOM 3 as #103). But if you finish the classics chronologically by release, DOOM 64 would be before DOOM 3 so it would just look odd in my platinum placement. Pointless, I know. But to me that's very comforting.

• Like 2