List of all DLCs with notable 'hard' events

AJ_Radio

Personally, AMG's "Back to Black" was really challenging. Needed to watch a YouTube tutorial and learn the most minimal detail of the track to beat it. The trial isn't really hard, but you need to be a perfectionist at the beginning of the race, or forget to get the 3rd star. You need to cut the first curve before the ghost, and then keep that way until a green curve, where you can take advantage of a "mistake" done by it (brakes a little and losses speed). Afterwards, be careful with the last curve, where it magically boosts its speed and can take advantage and beat you without mercy. 

Trying now "One Man, One Engine". Honestly, I feel that one easiest that the above. Despite many people consider this one the true challenging. Idk, I'll check it out later and help with more insights. 

• Like 1

The hardest DLCs are AMG, Elements and Torque Imho. 

For Driveclub Bikes: There are maybe one or two events in each DLC that are a little annoying, but the hardest challenge is the gold trophy in each DLC. Especially The Koenigsegg in Finish Line and the Suzuki iirc. 

But the hardest of all of them is the Gold Trophy in Driveclub VR. It has the same requirements as earning 3 Stars in Venom Hot Lab 1 (not 2), which is an event from the Driveclub Maingame and therefore not required for any trophies. That was definitely the biggest pain for me. 

If you don't own the VR version, try to earn 3 stars in this event in the normal Driveclub. It's insane. 

Edited by Sinthoras_96
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

snip

I'm definitely a lot better at this game now than I was a couple weeks ago. But I still haven't done the so called harder DLC packs. I will do Pacesetter next followed by Velocity. After that I don't know.

Real cute @Demon--Prototype. Don't bother posting, I put you on Ignore.

===

Did Pacesetter last night and plan to do No Limits next for Driveclub Bikes. May do Velocity afterwards, not entirely sure.

Definitely a tough DLC, took me longer to finish than most of the others I've done.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

You did Venon Hot Lap without issues? The one from Driveclub Tour (just wondering, that was one of the last that I did, if I'm not wrong as preparation for Venom Hot Lap 2).

For me personally, I don't remember a lot of the events, and the only ones that I still remember being really hard was Venom Hot Lap 2 (the 1st wasn't that easy either, since I only did it when I had most of the dlc done), Back to Black (the fact that it requires a clean sector or something made the time quite annoying to get), a time trial with a full electric car on a track with lots of hairpins and bad turning (forgot what it was..), and a race at deep night, full snowstorm, zero visibility (ya, that was the "hard" part of the race..)

I have been on and off on Driveclub VR, and that one isn't much different.. (I'm playing on TV, not headset..) 

Annoying Ariel Atom time trial, annoying/hard Hennessey Venom time trails (the gold trophy, and 1 on the tour, the one on the tour is the same as a LaFerrari or Koenigsegg Agera R time trial on a high-speed track, I think... I'm quite sure there was a time trial with a really fast car on this track on one of the DLC).

My skills also got way worse after all this years... I'm missing those 3 time trials and 3 championships on VR, the championships shouldn't be to bad, but the time trials are a pain... And funny enough, I shouldn't have a lot of problems doing Venom time on VR, after doing both on the original game, but as I said, I'm way worse now.. My best on VR is about 2 seconds to slow if I'm not wrong. 

• Like 3

No Limits done. Fairly easy overall. Only the clean sector requirement for the No Limits trophy event posed a little challenge.

3 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

You did Venon Hot Lap without issues? The one from Driveclub Tour (just wondering, that was one of the last that I did, if I'm not wrong as preparation for Venom Hot Lap 2).

For me personally, I don't remember a lot of the events, and the only ones that I still remember being really hard was Venom Hot Lap 2 (the 1st wasn't that easy either, since I only did it when I had most of the dlc done), Back to Black (the fact that it requires a clean sector or something made the time quite annoying to get), a time trial with a full electric car on a track with lots of hairpins and bad turning (forgot what it was..), and a race at deep night, full snowstorm, zero visibility (ya, that was the "hard" part of the race..)

I have been on and off on Driveclub VR, and that one isn't much different.. (I'm playing on TV, not headset..) 

Annoying Ariel Atom time trial, annoying/hard Hennessey Venom time trails (the gold trophy, and 1 on the tour, the one on the tour is the same as a LaFerrari or Koenigsegg Agera R time trial on a high-speed track, I think... I'm quite sure there was a time trial with a really fast car on this track on one of the DLC).

My skills also got way worse after all this years... I'm missing those 3 time trials and 3 championships on VR, the championships shouldn't be to bad, but the time trials are a pain... And funny enough, I shouldn't have a lot of problems doing Venom time on VR, after doing both on the original game, but as I said, I'm way worse now.. My best on VR is about 2 seconds to slow if I'm not wrong. 

I didn't do the first Venom Hot Lap event, nor have I done the other events you mentioned yet. I'll be up to the challenge eventually, but I'll definitely add your input to the AMG DLC, since I generally hear it's the hardest DLC in Driveclub.

My skills aren't the best either but I generally suck at racing games anyway. Also your body and reflexes start to fall apart in your 30s, you're not going to have the same reaction times as a college kid. However plenty of older people have done Driveclub and I don't consider it to be too hard.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Spaz said:

My skills aren't the best either but I generally suck at racing games anyway. Also your body and reflexes start to fall apart in your 30s, you're not going to have the same reaction times as a college kid. However plenty of older people have done Driveclub and I don't consider it to be too hard.

I can tell you that you should finish the whole game, you're really close. Also, you're good. Seems that you managed to get at least one DLC completed per day, something that I cannot achieve that easy. Also, the track for Downforce, F-Type Delta, is difficult and unfair. You should add that one in the section. 

• Like 2

Suzuki finished. That was ROUGH. One of the time trials kept me busy for a while (30+ minutes of attempts) and the gold trophy for beating Asagiri Highland Raceway V1 in 01:28.500 or less was tough. Would of been harder were it not for the ghosts showing you how you should approach the turns.

3 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

I can tell you that you should finish the whole game, you're really close. Also, you're good. Seems that you managed to get at least one DLC completed per day, something that I cannot achieve that easy. Also, the track for Downforce, F-Type Delta, is difficult and unfair. You should add that one in the section. 

Truthfully I'm not.

The fact is I'm playing a lot now because the C-Virus catastrophe has countless millions of people staying home. I have no work right now, and hopefully they won't let me go.

Sad state of affairs, but if anything I'm making good progress on Driveclub.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

No Limits done. Fairly easy overall. Only the clean sector requirement for the No Limits trophy event posed a little challenge.

I didn't do the first Venom Hot Lap event, nor have I done the other events you mentioned yet. I'll be up to the challenge eventually, but I'll definitely add your input to the AMG DLC, since I generally hear it's the hardest DLC in Driveclub.

Ok, that explains why you consider it easy, since there's no trophy for getting all the stars in that one. Yes, the trophies are easy, but getting all the stars isn't. 

I don't consider the Back to Black harder than the Venom Hot Laps, the time is actually not as strict as the Venom ones, but the extra requirement for the top star (1 or 2 clean sectors), make it annoying, because you need to be decently fast, but also really careful to not break the second condition. 

True, that may be the case, but I still deny that... I'm not that old (although my body is starting to remind me more and more to stop doing all nighters, and always go full throttle into everything...). I still prefer to think that I'm just rusty and lack time and patience.. Well, actually this is quite true too, since my work is so stressing that facing stressing situations in games sometimes make me quite way faster then before. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliar4 said:

Tip for X-bow. Gear reduction on corners work like a charm.

Definitely, might be better if you know how to use manual shifting.

The time trial in Ignition where you use the X-Bow was a bit annoying. There's that bit on the track where you're making sharp turns, it's very easy for the X-Bow to spin out in that section. But that was the first time trial I attempted outside of DRIVECLUB Tour so it was a bit difficult. I've improved a lot these past couple weeks.

1 hour ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Ok, that explains why you consider it easy, since there's no trophy for getting all the stars in that one. Yes, the trophies are easy, but getting all the stars isn't.

It's the only DLC that doesn't require you to get all the stars. All the others do, that's why they're much more difficult.

I don't consider the Back to Black harder than the Venom Hot Laps, the time is actually not as strict as the Venom ones, but the extra requirement for the top star (1 or 2 clean sectors), make it annoying, because you need to be decently fast, but also really careful to not break the second condition.

All of the newer DLC packs have those annoying two parters that you have to fulfill in one go. I'm guessing that's why a lot of people find AMG harder than the other DLCs, although Elements is generally considered the hardest due to Venom Hot Lap 2.

True, that may be the case, but I still deny that... I'm not that old (although my body is starting to remind me more and more to stop doing all nighters, and always go full throttle into everything...). I still prefer to think that I'm just rusty and lack time and patience.. Well, actually this is quite true too, since my work is so stressing that facing stressing situations in games sometimes make me quite way faster then before. 

It's usually not until people hit their late 30s and early - mid 40s. Like anything this game needs practice.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Definitely, might be better if you know how to use manual shifting.

The time trial in Ignition where you use the X-Bow was a bit annoying. There's that bit on the track where you're making sharp turns, it's very easy for the X-Bow to spin out in that section. But that was the first time trial I attempted outside of DRIVECLUB Tour so it was a bit difficult. I've improved a lot these past couple weeks.

It's the only DLC that doesn't require you to get all the stars. All the others do, that's why they're much more difficult.

All of the newer DLC packs have those annoying two parters that you have to fulfill in one go. I'm guessing that's why a lot of people find AMG harder than the other DLCs, although Elements is generally considered the hardest due to Venom Hot Lap 2.

It's usually not until people hit their late 30s and early - mid 40s. Like anything this game needs practice.

True, I think that I was doing Cars and Bikes by the time that AMG was released, so I don't factor having 2 targets as a big issue compared to having to achieve a stupid time in an absurdly fast car (Venom Hot Lap 2).

Ya, I'm not that into my 30's yet, so far it's essentially a time and patience issue on my end. 

Did a few DLC packs in the last week, so will update them accordingly.

8 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

I've seen you finish Velocity DLC. How was that? Also, you finished it quick, so may be a 5 out of 10?

It's about 5.5 - 6.5 out of 10.

Not the easiest DLC but also not the hardest, though I felt it was a little harder than others. There's a couple vehicles unique to the Velocity pack that you're going to have to get used to. Several time trials and no drift events in Velocity, so you're going to need to put in the practice.

MV Agusta in Bikes was roughly more the less the same as Suzuki. Evolution was a pain in the butt. The Buggy time trial and race were annoying, the endurance race in this DLC pack was probably the hardest one I've done in my opinion.

I got Elements, Torque, AMG and Finish Line left. Hopefully I can get them all by late Sunday - Monday.

• Like 1

First of all, thanks for noting down all of the difficult DLC events within the game. I completed about %70 of DLC Events and IMO, majority of events aren't that hard if not easy but there's some that would quite piss you off.

That Hennessey Venom GT time trial event in the elements DLC is by far the hardest one I ever done so far. It took me nearly an hour of doing laps and trying not to spin out. On top of having a really powerful but not grippy hypercar, you have to deal with heavy rain which makes it even more difficult to complete especially for inexperienced players.

• Like 2

Torque is fucking brutal.

XX Games, French Connection, Atomic Theory and Choose Your Poison are a pain in the ass. Probably the hardest DLC I've done so far, it edges out Evolution by a little and it is definitely more difficult than Velocity was.

Going to be so glad to finally get this game to 100 percent.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Spaz said:

XX Games, French Connection, Atomic Theory and Choose Your Poison are a pain in the ass. Probably the hardest DLC I've done so far, it edges out Evolution by a little and it is definitely more difficult than Velocity was.

French connection was hard, Atomic theory was annoying until i used this cheesy method...trust

me, it's easier this way...

I don't even remember the other 2 races.

But i would say it's hard, not brutal...just hard.

Edited by ShinigamiSensei-
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Hahaha, weren't you to move to other games once you got the Platinum? I was right, you should finish this game before moving on, for sure. It's really painful and frustrating, ONLY IF you want to speedrun this thing out. However, I noticed that gaining Fame with the car you're using in any track, can boost the experience A LOT. Come on, it's a game! We know this, when you level up a thing, the logical result is that's you're going to be powerful, hence, your vehicle achieves more statistics and makes the thing easier. The macimun level is 15, which at that point the stats for acceleration, max. vel., etc. becomes blur and you got the car at full potential. 

1 hour ago, Bahraini_carguy said:

First of all, thanks for noting down all of the difficult DLC events within the game. I completed about %70 of DLC Events and IMO, majority of events aren't that hard if not easy but there's some that would quite piss you off.

That Hennessey Venom GT time trial event in the elements DLC is by far the hardest one I ever done so far. It took me nearly an hour of doing laps and trying not to spin out. On top of having a really powerful but not grippy hypercar, you have to deal with heavy rain which makes it even more difficult to complete especially for inexperienced players.

I've leartn also that rain isn't an issue at all. It's your friend and not your enemy. While doing "One Man, One Engine", which many compare it with Venom Hot Lap 2, I saw that rain can boost your speed and drift at curves; the same applies for the Marussia track, which I found pretty easy against other events from its DLC. 

26 minutes ago, ShinigamiSensei- said:

French connection was hard, Atomic theory was annoying until i used this cheesy method...trust me, it's easier this way...

I don't even remember the other 2 races.

But i would say it's hard, not brutal...just hard.

And yeah! The game allows certian tricks that you need to apply in order to success. Sometimes you need to drive really dirty against the other AIs, and they're going to do the same. So, even you want to do it perfectly, some times that can be against you rather than help. I think that Torque requires you to do that. I'll check it later when finish other DLCs. 

Therefore, TL;DR. Play each track and learn it; allow your car get Fame. Use rain to your benefit and don't fear it. Play dirty when is needed, that's sometimes your only option.

Edited by Xenoblast91
Typo
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

And yeah! The game allows certian tricks that you need to apply in order to success. Sometimes you need to drive really dirty against the other AIs, and they're going to do the same. So, even you want to do it perfectly, some times that can be against you rather than help. I think that Torque requires you to do that. I'll check it later when finish other DLCs. 

Therefore, TL;DR. Play each track and learn it; allow your car get Fame. Use rain to your benefit and don't fear it. Play dirty when is needed, that's sometimes your only option.

You right, it's a common mistake that some people take this game too "seriously", but this it's not a simulator. For Atom theory for example, you will lose less time just crushing against the walls than trying to drive perfectly and skid too much in the process.

• Like 1