38 things i hate about this p.o.s. game

melodicmizery

1 hour ago, melodicmizery said:

37. the unrealism that your girlfriend in the game is around a bunch of single men during a apocalypse and shes not cheating or they arent flirting. even if her dad is the commander he has metal stub legs. they could just sweep him like karate kid and take over his position if they wanted to.

You had me up until this point.

• Like 3

I agree with the guy the game is tedious and boring, especially so if you're a trophy hunter having too not miss anything.  I've been putting off the dlc because of all the misables and having to do everything just so to complete it.  The developers of games that have errand quests and have to follow a guide to get certain outcomes lack creativity imo. The punishment for not following a guide is replaying missions or worse possibly the whole game only to sit through lengthy restrictive gameplay that can't be skipped so you can be bored to death all over again.  You literally have to follow like 5 different guides to not miss anything in Sam's story.   

1. There is a solution to that: Backup saves within the Volga, Caspian, and Taiga chapter. It's not that hard, brother. I messed up during Damir and re-do the game from scratch, but guess what? I've used backup saves for all 3 chapters.

5. Uh, that's the point of survival horror, right?

6. There is a link to that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5k88YlA_R8c

17. I rely on not just worded guides, but video guides, as well. Problem solved!

18. How is the compass on both your wrist and within your map useless? They, at least, always point at your main objective, no matter what.

23. I agree with that one, however, as Metro Exodus's manual save is non-existent. Quick saves are your only friend (sans Ranger Hardcore).

32. Reader mode in your first playthrough is the solution.

• Like 1

So, what you're saying is you can't sit through a story, you don't play survival games, you based your experience off of trophies and not the game itself like your title would have people believe. I'm all for you complaining about a trophy that's crazy ridiculous or unobtainable even, go ahead but you just called a game trash because you decided to play it for trophies and not for enjoyment or wonder or horror or whatever it was intended for, going for trophies is fun and enjoyable (most of the time) and can feel rewarding in the end but trying to base how good a game is based on its trophies is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, OnlyCass said:

I loved everything about this game, and its my favourite Metro to date.

I haven't played a lot of these games, only a little bit of an earlier one I think, but how would you compare it to Metro 2033 or an earlier one?

Metro Exodus is a terrible game with so many flaws it's so amazing to me how many reviewers and gamers are unable or unwilling to acknowledge this fact. And wtf is wrong with the people defending the narrative: the story is terrible, completely replaceable and with terrible pacing with unlikable characters and zero development. 

Metro Exodus is a bad game – Period. 

• Like 3

So, in short, story has too much story for a story driven game. And the choices thing....hmmmmmmm ooookkkk if that's what you didn't like fine, weird to dislike dialog in a story from a story driven game. And seriously? The breathing gives you anxiety? It adds slight realism to the game IMO, it's a nice touch. TBH, if you didn't like M.E. because of the "long boring dialog" you'd hate the Yakuza series and Metal Gear series.......or ANY real engrossing series, which is 98% of all games.....again, sorry the game wasn't INSTANTLY pleasing.

5 minutes ago, BSKkayfabe said:

So, in short, story has too much story for a story driven game. And the choices thing....hmmmmmmm ooookkkk if that's what you didn't like fine, weird to dislike dialog in a story from a story driven game. And seriously? The breathing gives you anxiety? It adds slight realism to the game IMO, it's a nice touch. TBH, if you didn't like M.E. because of the "long boring dialog" you'd hate the Yakuza series and Metal Gear series.......or ANY real engrossing series, which is 98% of all games.....again, sorry the game wasn't INSTANTLY pleasing.

And to clarify OP, I'm taking the piss out of your idea that dialog in a dialog heavy game is a bad thing. It sounds like you're gripe is ultimately trophy related, which is fine but don't condemn a game based off the fact that you can't get trophies as quickly and painlessly as you'd like. Again, Nothing against you, at all. Just trying to show how absurd some of the points you made are, some, i assume, are good points* ;) *reference anybody?

Edited by BSKkayfabe
Typo
  • Like 1