PS5 Live Stream!

Dav9834

Did it almost seem like damage control at some points to anyone else?

Really REALLY disappointed in the ps4 backwards compatibility issue. Doesn't seem I'll be able to just switch to ps5 with all the games I have.

And please can I just play my PS1 and PS2 games again?

Just throw in an emulator(better than the ps1 mini)

Pleasssseeee

• Like 2

Guess if the Playstation 5 is full backwards compatible with PS4 games I may just get another PS4 system at some point.
 Wasn't expecting it to play PS1-PS3 games either, and may proceed with my original plan and wait until 2021 or early 2022 before getting it, although I still may pick up some Playstation 5 games that come out.
Was kind of hoping for digital backwards compatibility at least especially for PS3 games, even though I have more physical copies.

59 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Did it almost seem like damage control at some points to anyone else?

Certainly, Cerny just outright made excuses a few times. I get the impression they weren't even really done with the thing but now they're pressed for time and it's just time to throw it out there and hope for the best.

• Like 1

This is the pure speculation phase where MS always seems to win. We can’t forget MS is a much bigger and stronger technological company than Sony (yet they lack in other aspects), but still, its like some people say, a few numbers higher in some points does not mean actually anything, yet, the SSD alone means much more to me as a player than any 1,5 more of “useless” X. 

These are just excuses to try to dig down Sony, in the end, we buy a console for the commodity and the catalogue, not to be on the latest trending technology, if you want that, plain simple, buy a PC, you can even play a few exclusives there ?

Sure, Sony does not always do the right thing, and it has its flaws, but its tiresome how it gets all the backslash, sometimes it feels as if Sony is a football star lol, MS is like the bench dude nobody cares and uses to throw shit on the star player when he does something right (at least thats how I perceive my surroundings, not talking about this forum).

7 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

This is the pure speculation phase where MS always seems to win. We can’t forget MS is a much bigger and stronger technological company than Sony (yet they lack in other aspects), but still, its like some people say, a few numbers higher in some points does not mean actually anything, yet, the SSD alone means much more to me as a player than any 1,5 more of “useless” X. 

These are just excuses to try to dig down Sony, in the end, we buy a console for the commodity and the catalogue, not to be on the latest trending technology, if you want that, plain simple, buy a PC, you can even play a few exclusives there 1f601.png

Sure, Sony does not always do the right thing, and it has its flaws, but its tiresome how it gets all the backslash, sometimes it feels as if Sony is a football star lol, MS is like the bench dude nobody cares and uses to throw shit on the star player when he does something right (at least thats how I perceive my surroundings, not talking about this forum).

Iiiii don’t believe that the performance would be that different either. More teraflops mean that the Xbox might brute force badly coded games to run slightly better. Nobody seems to talk about primitive shaders and data access time which could be huge. Where Xbox forces the hardware to push through, Sony works around in smart, power effective ways to what I belive will be the same result in performance. Xbox bottlenecks its power in access time.

Edited by fbdbh

9 hours ago, majob said:

Certainly, Cerny just outright made excuses a few times. I get the impression they weren't even really done with the thing but now they're pressed for time and it's just time to throw it out there and hope for the best.

Only thing that doesn't seem not done would be the BC stuff but the same can be said for the Xbox Series as it's BC stops/starts exactly where the Xbox One stopped at. PS5 is simply started where the Xbox One started with BC a few years ago. 

The sound design sounds like an adventure but it is still done. They are just wondering if we will want to bother with customizing the sound to our hearing patterns. 

The ssd is done too. It will fully support 3rd party drives that are fast enough. The only issue would be with 3rd parties making drives that are fast enough and fit in the PS5. The tech on the PS5 is done. Getting the right drive would be more of the same as finding compatible drives for the PS4.

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2020 at 10:16 AM, Undead Wolf said:

Xbox Series X is fully backwards compatible with the Xbox One's library. Why's it so hard for Sony to do the same? One of the biggest selling points for the PS5 for me was the ability to play my huge PS4 library with the various improvements to performance and greatly reduced loading screens. But nah, now I've got to keep my PS4 plugged in because Sony are incompetent.

Old post but I have to agree wholeheartedly.

It's fucking ridiculous that at this point in time, Sony can't get this to happen. I know most people will buy the PS5 to play the new games but I also wanted something that will give me the option to play my PS4 games with higher frame rate and better resolution. Every AAA game from 2016 onward has had some change or improvement made via the PS4 Pro, something I cannot afford nor will I buy it at this late date if I had the money.

I won't subscribe to PS Now either, so got to stick with the old consoles plugged in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Old post but I have to agree wholeheartedly.

It's fucking ridiculous that at this point in time, Sony can't get this to happen. I know most people will buy the PS5 to play the new games but I also wanted something that will give me the option to play my PS4 games with higher frame rate and better resolution. Every AAA game from 2016 onward has had some change or improvement made via the PS4 Pro, something I cannot afford nor will I buy it at this late date if I had the money.

I won't subscribe to PS Now either, so got to stick with the old consoles plugged in.

? All PS4 games are backwards compatible. A small minority may not run as expected, just like the pro, but might need to be updated with a patch, again, like PSPro Xbox One X. Pro, along with PS2 and PS3, also had some type of boost mode, so I’m confused by your assumptions.

As to PS Now, it’s a great subscription service with several hundred downloadable games for £50 a year (£35 currently). Certainly far better value than PS Plus. Why the hesitation?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

? All PS4 games are backwards compatible. A small minority may not run as expected, just like the pro, but might need to be updated with a patch, again, like PSPro Xbox One X. Pro, along with PS2 and PS3, also had some type of boost mode, so I’m confused by your assumptions.

As to PS Now, it’s a great subscription service with several hundred downloadable games for £50 a year (£35 currently). Certainly far better value than PS Plus. Why the hesitation?

Ps now really isn't a great subscription service. They really need to sort that out next gen and offer something that actually competes with game pass. Don't get me wrong, there's some good games on ps now, but there's very few games I'd consider to be amazing. 

3 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

There are games that aren't covered by PS Now. As for PS Plus, getting most online trophies on the PS4 requires Plus. That's one reason why I still have it. Another reason? Because I still have Plus games I need to play through.

3 hours ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

Ps now really isn't a great subscription service. They really need to sort that out next gen and offer something that actually competes with game pass. Don't get me wrong, there's some good games on ps now, but there's very few games I'd consider to be amazing. 

Agreed. There needs to be more variety.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

Different stroke I guess. PS Now is cheaper and has far, far more games. Even downloadable. The one and only benefit game pass has is that it gets games at launch. I never play games at launch of course, a large backlog and games generally getting patched shortly after release doesn’t really make games at release essential.

Also, you do not need PS Plus to play PS Now games online.

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Different stroke I guess. PS Now is cheaper and has far, far more games. Even downloadable. The one and only benefit game pass has is that it gets games at launch. I never play games at launch of course, a large backlog and games generally getting patched shortly after release doesn’t really make games at release essential.

Also, you do not need PS Plus to play PS Now games online.

Far more games, that are a lot worse than what game pass has to offer. If they added better games I'd buy it. 

On 08/05/2020 at 5:54 PM, Top-Lad-Luke said:

Far more games, that are a lot worse than what game pass has to offer. If they added better games I'd buy it. 

Sony has put games like Spider-man, God of War, Persona 5, Bloodborne, Control on there as examples, plus there are so many other great games I didn’t know much about until I found them in PS Now. And good luck finding JRPGs on Game Pass. I’m not knocking that service, I just don’t understand why people still see it as better now that PS Now allowed you to download more games and is cheaper. That’s all. I mean, what games do you think Sony needs to put on to make it worthwhile?