Do not buy!

Dark_Overlord

TL:DR - Game is broken patched and unpatched.  Needs a combination of both to achieve 100%

The game doesn't work, after playing the game for around 15/20 mins the game refuses to render anything on screen.  You can still hear your character and move but that's it, you can't see anything, just the background :/

I have no idea how people have made it to the 1st boss, let alone beat it.

EDIT 1 - It seems like unpatching the game sorts the disappearing screen, yet it seems to feel clunkier unpatched.  I had to repatch to 1.01 to get it to pop the Worm Boss trophy, but I am now having to unpatch it again as the rendering issue has reappeared in the Green Labs :/ 

Going to carry on with this mess to see what trophies can actually be popped overall.

EDIT 2 - Unpatched is definitely more awkward, enemies that are in the dark are not visible at all compared to 1.01 (fully visible) and it seems 1.01 has extra max health items.  Lots of patching and unpatching :/

EDIT 3 - So for the trophy to pop after the bosses the game must be patched.  Have fun running through a blank screen after Dr Ranish xD

EDIT 4 - No Gardener pops unpatched (thank god)

EDIT 5 - Oh god, this is hell.  The thing that follows you needs to be frozen in a high up room, there are 2 ways there, neither are fun.  The thing following you WILL NOT spawn in the freezing chamber unpatched.  So with the patch, you best have memorised these few screens as you'll be playing them blind at points (blank screen).

EDIT 6 - Finished the game unpatched, only game completion popped :(  So I patched the game and retried for the final boss trophy.  I would recommend playing this last bit patched, as the patch makes this section FAR FAR easier and the final trophy popped.

So if you don't mind the immense pissing around with proxies and downgrading repeatedly, I'd avoid this until it's properly fixed (doubtful sadly)

Edited by Dark_Overlord
Update
  • Like 3