Trophy Thoughts?

AtaraxicDream

24 minutes ago, GameMatter said:

Most of the trophies seem relatively painless. Extra Life Mode might be a pain, depending on what it is...

It's like playing with finite lifes, you can collect extra life tokens thats used upon dying like in retro games, if you run out of those its game over. But you can adjust the difficulty for the mode so it's not hard on the easiest setting.

20 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

The icons look cool, but not really "Doom"-ish. List looks decent; lots of collectibles. The "Famine Mode" could be interesting depending on what it entails.

It is a cheat code that prevents hp and armor drops from hurting and killing enemies, Basically you have what you start the stage with and you can pick up the ones scattered on the stage.

3 minutes ago, Onimushaman_HUN said:

It is a cheat code that prevents hp and armor drops from hurting and killing enemies, Basically you have what you start the stage with and you can pick up the ones scattered on the stage.

By "cheat code" I mean a collectibe "cheat code" you pick up ingame and can be activated in mission select.

1 hour ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Lol what glitched trophies?

IDKFA was glitched at launch for some. I had to wait over a month for a patch so I could get the Platinum. At least I didn't have to do everything required over again. 

As for Eternal, I'm glad there is no trophy for Ultra Nightmare because I simply don't have the time to be wasting on repeated failed attempts. I do wish there was one for finishing the game on at least Ultra Violence though. 

2 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

I wonder about glitched trophies if there will be any like 2016 doom (the reason I never bothered with it)

Same. I did all the rune trials, only for the Circle Is Complete trophy to glitch out on me. Contacted id support about it(keep in mind this was over a year after the game came out), and they actually had the audacity to tell me that I should delete my save data and replay the game again. Doing all of the trials again. And "hope it doesn't glitch on me next time"..... I was like "are you f'n serious right now? How about you fix your broken ass game!?" Needless to say, I did delete my save data. And my game data. And I put the game on my shelf. And I haven't touched it since. ?

The trophy list isn't too bad. The collectibles are mostly hidden well but you can buy the collectible finder perk really early on to cut down the backtracking. Except for beating the Extra Life Mode, I've already collected all the single-player trophies. You can also do the Extra Life Mode on easy so that shouldn't be too difficult.

I just can't wait for the servers to come online so I can play some multiplayer.

Looks okay although the multiplayer looks a bit more involved then the first game. I'm hesitant to go for this one though as the 2016 game, I got all the collectables, weapon upgrades etc, I had 90% of all the base game trophies but then the challenges trophy glitched as I only had one left but couldn't complete it. And the only way to do it is to restart the game over, I've never rage quit on a platinum trophy that hard in my life lol. I'll still play the game, just might not bother with trophies. 

Edited by wilwheaton5

I Think finishing the game with ten extra lives in a save slot will be a learning process.  It is quite easy to fall to your death in Doom so it looks to me as if there are 20 extra lives and they are probably well hidden like most collectibles in Doom.  You will need to either follow a guide or know the game well to collect them all and not die ten times by falling, boss fights, etc.

Of course this is speculation.  You can probably back up saves to cloud as well in case of too many deaths.

Edited by steel6burgh

35 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

I Think finishing the game with ten extra lives in a save slot will be a learning process.  It is quite easy to fall to your death in Doom so it looks to me as if there are 20 extra lives and they are probably well hidden like most collectibles in Doom.  You will need to either follow a guide or know the game well to collect them all and not die ten times by falling, boss fights, etc.

Of course this is speculation.  You can probably back up saves to cloud as well in case of too many deaths.

There's like 40 through the entire game. Falling just puts you back on the map and does 20~ damage to you. It's no more difficult than doing a normal playthrough. 

• Like 1