Trophy Thoughts?

AtaraxicDream

I got the game today and have been playing a bit of battle mode to get the trophies out the way. It’s surprisingly fun but the kill 200 players is grindy af and kill which each slayer weapon (I’m not good with doom boi). Luckily you can get all trophies for the mode in private so might have to join a session when someone posts one. Never done a session on here before.

On 3/17/2020 at 8:00 PM, ShonenCat said:

I guess we should be glad there is no Ultra Nightmare trophy, which is DOOM’s equivalent to Wolfenstein’s Mein Leben. But I was ready for it, you know I was 1f605.png1f630.png

Seems like the super difficult modes come later in many DLCs nowadays, i expect we'll get it eventually.

5 hours ago, Good_Sir_Matt_II said:

I read that activating cheat codes won't disable trophies, so if you activate the ones that give you all the upgrades and unlockables, will you get the trophies for them?

No.

The cheats can only be turned on when replaying the missions and it just affects that particular session. The trophies for unlocking all of the weapon upgrades is flagged once you've found and assigned all of the various upgrade collectables throughout the game. None of the cheats disable trophies because none of them technically unlock them - it just makes repeating earlier levels more fun.

19 hours ago, irriducibile87 said:

How long and difficult are the MP trophies if you don't boost them in private matches ?

Especially for someone (like myself) who sucks at MP FPS ?

MP trophies can take pretty long if youre not boosting it, coz you have long downtime between each match, and even longer downtime if you lost the party and need to search again.  its the 50000 healing and 200 kill trophies that are gonna take the longest. the 200 kill trophy is a bit glitched when playing as a demon, coz the final killshot needs to be from you to get the kill. even if youre really good and win all your matches, thats about 6 kills per match, and for that the 200 kill trophy will take atleast 30-40 matches. if youre not that great, I would say this could take as long as a 100 games to complete. if youre not planning on boosting, you best be getting on them asap, coz I don't know how long the multiplayer willbe active enough to constantly get games. 

the MP is a bit unbalanced right now. while the demons are super weak to the slayer themselves, they can currently spawn large number of ads that are much more the problem, as this summon skill can refresh infinite times. also, they have massive health pools esp. the mancubbus, and can allow them to tank dmg, while surviving by spawning fresh ads to kil the slayer. I died a bunch of times, because I suddenly found myself facing a couple of hell knights, arachnotrons and adds plus the demons at the same time. 

Edited by solomonluthor
more information