Another survival mode tip - Mako is made for this mode

jonads_

So like many people I raged at this mode quite a few times. Nonon didn't last once enemies were 1-star and Gamagoori's play style just wasn't working for me.

I tried the Satsuki method also posted here and died twice: once at 48 wins and second at 46 wins. After calming down I thought I'd give Mako a try and boy is she designed with survival mode in mind.

First thing is to build up her Valor which is always annoying no matter the character. There are couple of combos that help with this but, the one I found most effective was using her down + square combo until she does a two legged diagonal slam, then press circle and she should launch then enemy into the air. Once they land press left/right + square and she'll launch them to about waist height and in range of a bloody valor attack. This may take some practice to get every time so make sure you understand it in the training mode first. Although you won't have to use it very often it better to be safe then sorry.

Wait for the opponent to make their decision then pick mock (square). 9/10 times you'll either win or draw. Once at 3 Valor Spam her left/right + square combo which gives full special meter and leaves the enemy open for an easy Sen'i Soshitsu. 

At the beginning of each new battle wait about 1 second before dashing just to make sure the combo will fill up to special meter. 8/10 you can press R1 + Cross, use the combo and the meter will be full but again its better to be safe then sorry. EXCEPT AGAINST NUI. NEVER GIVE NUI AN OPENING. SHE WILL MAKE YOU PAY.

Kouketsu Ragyo is at 7:05

It's also helpful, but not necessary at all, to get her into full tension (red face). I'm not quite sure on the requirements/conditions but using more break (circle) attacks seemed to help.

Hope this helped anyone still struggling with this mode and wasn't finding success with Satsuki.

• Like 1

amazing thank you this helped a ton. i say red face seems to be important for making the SP gauge go up.

i decided to get this trophy out of the way as soon as survival unlocked, wasn't getting very far spamming beams but this helped me see my way through, and also the RNG was kind to me to never raise stars on my opponents through the 50 matches which i didn't think was possible. so it made it easier when the valor went down or the face went down to build those up. which valor only went down after 25 matches lol. 

• Like 1

RNG was kind to me to never raise stars on my opponents through the 50 matches

Never!? So your level 50 fight was against a no-star? That's some pretty good RNG. During my run I saw 1-stars at around level 30, 2-stars around level 55 and 3-stars around 110.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jonads_ said:

Never!? So your level 50 fight was against a no-star? That's some pretty good RNG. During my run I saw 1-stars at around level 30, 2-stars around level 55 and 3-stars around 110.

yes all 50 were no stars and the stages only changed once from the starting stage too. maybe it has something to do with using Mako? i have no idea, because the 3 times i use Nonon it seemed like there was a pattern when the stars would change. i only made it through 24-34 with her on those occasions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RJP_X said:

yes all 50 were no stars and the stages only changed once from the starting stage too. maybe it has something to do with using Mako? i have no idea, because the 3 times i use Nonon it seemed like there was a pattern when the stars would change. i only made it through 24-34 with her on those occasions.

It's funny because I just did another run with Mako and this time all 50 battles were no star and I only lost valor once as well. In my first run with Mako I had 1-stars appear at level 25 so it seems she just has a massive range of when they can change. Every run I did with Satsuki, the 1-stars started in the 18-24 range. Nonon was around the same as well; early 20s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonads_ said:

It's funny because I just did another run with Mako and this time all 50 battles were no star and I only lost valor once as well. In my first run with Mako I had 1-stars appear at level 25 so it seems she just has a massive range of when they can change. Every run I did with Satsuki, the 1-stars started in the 18-24 range. Nonon was around the same as well; early 20s.

yep, pretty much the same thing with Nonon. late teens were the transition to 1 star.

i believe its like you said in the OP Mako was meant for this mode. xD she gives you the RNG of easier going opponents through the duration, and shes absolutely spectacular to use when you get this strategy down.

i believe my valor went down and stage changed was exactly after 25. upon 51 everything was still the same, but when the trophy popped i quit to the menu. 

also like you said, i would also recommend using her for this for future readers. especially if like we both experienced the RNG of opponents being in favor. 

i took your advice and practiced in training a bit to get some of the combo going, and tbh i didn't get it down perfect, i was off with a lot of it, but having an idea of what to do was good enough in my case.

whilst in matches i also screwed up a bit here and there with how wonderfully you did it but still pulled through even while not having a full idea on how to perform everything the proper way. for instance if i pulled off the R1 + X and the square(left or right) combo didn't fully fill up the SP gauge, it was a matter of using circle to get the face to red from there, that way the face status would carry on to the next match. but in all honesty not many of the opponents were too threatening due to being no stars throughout the entire duration. if i wasn't able to get things going like you explained or as shown in the video i was able to combo them to death. then i would be all set for awhile due to having full valor, full SP gauge, and red face. 

• Like 1

On 27/03/2020 at 9:04 AM, RJP_X said:

i took your advice and practiced in training a bit to get some of the combo going, and tbh i didn't get it down perfect

Yeah that combo is a pain I still have problems trying to get it. During the additional run I mentioned, I failed miserably at executing it the first time. Valors are a pain to pull off successfully due to their range and hit box, and that was the best method I had of getting a guaranteed opening. 

if i pulled off the R1 + X and the square(left or right) combo didn't fully fill up the SP gauge

Yeah sometimes it works, sometimes not. That's why I recommended moving around for about 1 second or not even that long just to make sure. 

I'm glad this method was useful for you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jonads_ said:

Yeah that combo is a pain I still have problems trying to get it. During the additional run I mentioned, I failed miserably at executing it the first time. Valors are a pain to pull off successfully due to their range and hit box, and that was the best method I had of getting a guaranteed opening. 

Yeah sometimes it works, sometimes not. That's why I recommended moving around for about 1 second or not even that long just to make sure. 

I'm glad this method was useful for you.

yeah since the night i made it through survival, today was the first day i've played since and only for a little while. i may play some more tonight maybe not lol, but anyhow i S ranked all of Satsuki's battles earlier with a lot of retries on episode 9 B in particular. with that one i would end up with either B on health or B on offense most times. such a pain lol. i hate the random element on bloody valor's so much.

i was thinking though, the naruto games have survival modes as well, but nowhere near as tough as this game. i cant recall in the games if the trophy requirement was 30 or 50, but i do know that health was certainly recovered a whole lot more for those games. 

when watching your video you made it look flawless and that's why i decided to try it out, it took me some time to get down your instructions, and honestly i thought it was going to not go so well and my first run with Mako was pretty much just going to be a see and try... however, when the RNG of opponents being no stars thus easier in AI and when i was for the most part able to get a handle of your strategy and seeing it continuously work out i was amazed lol.

like i said before, i hope for those who struggle see and take notice of your topic, it may take some practice but at least for me i didn't get it down as well as you, and also you might get easier going opponents during your duration playing as Mako. xD 

• Like 1