100% Still Possible in 2023?

bigrake1

• 3 months later...
On 3/18/2020 at 4:44 PM, B1rvine said:

The rest can be done solo, if necessary.

Commando Mode, Local Co-Op and Rank 50 are extremely difficult solo. Commando Mode in particular is basically 15 - 20 minutes of non-stop shooting, it's definitely possible solo because somebody posted a YouTube video of him doing it, but it's very frustrating and you need a lot of skill to pull it off.

• Like 3

On 08/07/2020 at 0:08 AM, Spaz said:

Commando Mode, Local Co-Op and Rank 50 are extremely difficult solo. Commando Mode in particular is basically 15 - 20 minutes of non-stop shooting, it's definitely possible solo because somebody posted a YouTube video of him doing it, but it's very frustrating and you need a lot of skill to pull it off.

Using this guy's strategy makes the local co-op trophy not bad at all.

Commando mode is insanely difficult solo. Those guys with videos of it on YouTube have my full respect. I don't think I could ever do it.

• Like 1

Just now, NathanW18 said:

Using this guy's strategy makes the local co-op trophy not bad at all.

Commando mode is insanely difficult solo. Those guys with videos of it on YouTube have my full respect. I don't think I could ever do it.

Yeah, not happening. I'm pretty good at some things (platformers) but shmups aren't my strong point.

Rank 50 pretty much requires a boosting partner, because some of those single player challenges are just far too insane (beat the entire game on Heroic difficulty).

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Yeah, not happening. I'm pretty good at some things (platformers) but shmups aren't my strong point.

Rank 50 pretty much requires a boosting partner, because some of those single player challenges are just far too insane (beat the entire game on Heroic difficulty).

I surprised myself, because I thought I would never plat this game. I am not that good at this genre, but wanted to test myself. Commando mode solo is way above my pay grade.

Yeah, rank 50 too. The main issue is the game is old and basically nobody plays it any more. None of the harder trophies are needed for plat, so finding a co-op partner will be hard.

Edited by NathanW18

2 minutes ago, NathanW18 said:

I surprised myself, because I thought I would never plat this game. I am not that good at this genre, but wanted to test myself. Commando mode solo is way above my pay grade.

Yeah, rank 50 too. The main issue is the game is old and basically nobody plays it any more. None of the harder trophies are needed for plat, so finding a co-op partner will be hard.

58 active players is far from dead. But it's no longer popular. Look at Knack and Killzone: Shadow Fall. Neither title is pulling anything more than a few players at any given time.

Should you find a boosting partner that isn't some idiot, I wish you the best of luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 3:39 PM, Alpha-Strider said:

Whenever I tried Commando Mode in co-op the lag was so bad that it made it harder than solo. So I ended up practicing it for a couple weeks and eventually pulled it off. I got a little lucky with the power-ups (lots of miniguns and just enough bombs) but it was still probably the hardest thing I've ever attempted for a trophy.

It takes roughly 17 - 25 minutes, because I watched a guy doing it solo on YouTube. 

In my opinion the local co-op trophy and the rank 50 trophy are worse. Local co-op can be done solo but requires a lot of coordination.

For the ranks it’s much better to play with a co-op partner, since leveling up is much quicker and easier. Doing it solo basically requires you to be a shmup god, which will give Resogun a 10/10 in difficulty. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 9:25 PM, Spaz said:

It takes roughly 17 - 25 minutes, because I watched a guy doing it solo on YouTube. 

In my opinion the local co-op trophy and the rank 50 trophy are worse. Local co-op can be done solo but requires a lot of coordination.

For the ranks it’s much better to play with a co-op partner, since leveling up is much quicker and easier. Doing it solo basically requires you to be a shmup god, which will give Resogun a 10/10 in difficulty. 

The Commando mode is really not that difficult as long as you memorize the stages and save your bombs for the final stage (I saved like four, you only really need two maybe three). It will probably take you 5-10 hours of practice, maybe more, but definitely manageable solo. 

However, the game is really laggy in co-op, you can easily get the characters mixed up (not sure why you can't choose unique colors or skins), and you also have a much shorter jump for some reason. It's still pretty easy either way though; after I did the Commando mode solo, I was helping out someone with the Commando co-op trophy and we got it first try. He died on like wave 12 but I solo'd the rest and he got the trophy (to our surprise), so you can literally just have someone carry the whole thing for you if they are willing lol. 

For the rank 50, however, you should absolutely do the multiplayer challenge. Getting it purely solo from weekly challenges and feats would be both extremely difficult and very, very time consuming. 

Edited by machaesthetic

• 6 months later...

I've got the same question, but for 2021 :)

Is it still possible to obtain 100%? I finished playing after getting platinum long time ago, so I only need dlc. I heard that I will need local coop partner or share play at least, right? Mostly for the challenges if I recall? Any tips for getting 100%? What should I focus on and etc.

On 4/25/2021 at 10:01 AM, Patrickosan said:

I've got the same question, but for 2021 :)

Is it still possible to obtain 100%? I finished playing after getting platinum long time ago, so I only need dlc. I heard that I will need local coop partner or share play at least, right? Mostly for the challenges if I recall? Any tips for getting 100%? What should I focus on and etc.

It is still possible. Since you're coming back, it's best to create a ship(trophy) and then just play through the game on different difficulties and fulfilling different conditions to get yourself accustomed again to the game. That's the entirety of the Construction Kit DLC, the first DLC pack.

The 2nd is doing numerous things in Survival and Demolition mode. Most of it just playing it over and over and over again as the trophies are mostly cumulative.

The 3rd you don't have to worry about TOO much, it's the challenges that were added. You have a rank that goes up as you play and you need to get to 50 and get gold medal in 10 different challenges. I haven't even looked at these but people say it will have to be boosted.

The 4th and final dlc pack is another 2 new modes, one of them being very different from Resogun, Commando Mode. This is the hardest trophy in the game by far, but again it can be attempted in co-op.

Everyone's different, I've been playing Housemarque games since Super Stardust HD on PS3, so I'm pretty good at them. All you need is practice and patience, these won't come in a day.

The Construction Kit DLC obviously contains online trophies (like a ship, share a ship), but the guide on here doesn’t have them tagged as [ONLINE REQUIRED]. Can we have that fixed?

Do all the modes (especially the ones for the difficult trophies) allow for local co-op? Or do some actually require online to have a partner?

I got the rank trophies out of the way with someone who was nice enough to help me boost it. Definitely get a boosting partner for that.

Most of everything in the DLC, including the local co-op trophy can be done solo with two controllers. The only truly difficult trophy is beating Commando Mode, but it is possible solo.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I got the rank trophies out of the way with someone who was nice enough to help me boost it. Definitely get a boosting partner for that.

Most of everything in the DLC, including the local co-op trophy can be done solo with two controllers. The only truly difficult trophy is beating Commando Mode, but it is possible solo.

Yeah commando mode I did it solo just be patient ^^

Edited by Hysteria

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

This game looks amazing. It is as fun as it looks? 

I definitely recommend it, very solid shmup from Housemarque. The platinum is fun and not too hard, but if you decide to go after the 100 percent be prepared to pull some hairs. Commando Mode is no joke. Destroying 10 UFOs in Protector Mode can also be painful, as is beating the game in Local Co-Op and completing Mefitis on Veteran difficulty with a custom ship while having everything set to zero.

12 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I definitely recommend it, very solid shmup from Housemarque. The platinum is fun and not too hard, but if you decide to go after the 100 percent be prepared to pull some hairs. Commando Mode is no joke. Destroying 10 UFOs in Protector Mode can also be painful, as is beating the game in Local Co-Op and completing Mefitis on Veteran difficulty with a custom ship while having everything set to zero.

I’ve had this game sitting and collecting dust now for some time, it’s just a matter of picking it up and playing it.

Can the entire game be played in co-op, or just certain modes? And can you earn trophies this way? This looks like the kind of game that would be fun to save and play with a friend or with my younger brother and earn the trophies together.

4 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’ve had this game sitting and collecting dust now for some time, it’s just a matter of picking it up and playing it.

Can the entire game be played in co-op, or just certain modes? And can you earn trophies this way? This looks like the kind of game that would be fun to save and play with a friend or with my younger brother and earn the trophies together.

I don’t know about the entire game, but you can play local co-op with your younger brother. If he is somewhat proficient at video games you can get it done. 

For Commando Mode I recommend finding a co-op partner. Unfortunately my internet is slow and at times unstable so I can’t help you. 

Resogun is definitely worth the time playing.

21 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don’t know about the entire game, but you can play local co-op with your younger brother. If he is somewhat proficient at video games you can get it done.

Well he was dropped on his head several times as a young child, including once by myself. ☹️ But hopefully his slight case of possible retardation will not affect his ability to play with me.

Thanks for the info though! I am going to bump up the priority of this game in my backlog. It looks a lot of fun to play. I just need to purchase the DLCs.