Suggestion: A "skill point" system.

I feel that the "class" of trophies is messed up.

For example, "The end of the line?" trophy from "Red Bow" is a gold trophy but very easy to archieve since all you need to do is to complete the 3 requests, regardless of how well you do, and the requests themselves are very easy; "Adventurer" from "Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics" is a bronze trophy but it is relatively hard to archieve since you either have to be skilled or you have to scum for good equipments (which also need skill) to travel 2000 km.

My suggestion is to ignore the class of trophies and use a "skill point" system:

The value of each trophy is f(a,b)=((1-a)^log(50,b))*100

a is the rarity, b is the number of game owners (since the more popular the game is, the more guides there are; also this encourages playing niche games). If a game has less than 100 owners, the value is 0 since the rarity is not accurate.

The player's total skill point is the sum of top 50 trophies' values.

So the value of the aforementioned trophy is:

(1-0.9476)^(log(50,573))*100=0.8 and

(1-0.0748)^(log(50,588))*100=88.0,

which can roughly describe how much skill is needed to archieve.

Edited by Wilmgarde
  • Like 1

I don't believe this would work because looking at my top 50 rarest you have stuff from Exist Archive. That game wasn't hard just a tedious grind I could do at work with almost no skill involved. There's even more RPGs like that. I can think of Tales of Zestiria and Symphonia just off the top of my head that have UR trophies.

1 hour ago, Wilmgarde said:

-snip-

"ignoring" the class system is non sensical since that is the only 'value' thing connecting psnp with psn and other leaderboards. But I do agree the system is broken, mostly due to easy completion abusers. And the idea is fine as an additional leaderboard. 

52 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

I don't believe this would work because looking at my top 50 rarest you have stuff from Exist Archive. That game wasn't hard just a tedious grind I could do at work with almost no skill involved. There's even more RPGs like that. I can think of Tales of Zestiria and Symphonia just off the top of my head that have UR trophies.

But at the very least you put a lot of effort on those grind-type trophies.

I know my suggestion is far from perfect, but it makes a little more sense than the current situation.