Favourite game of this past gen?

FluffyAssassin64

Nobody liked the Assassin's Creed games?

I've really enjoyed the ones I've played but I personally wouldn't consider any of them to be one of the best games this generation. Assassin's Creed IV looks amazing though and could quite possible be the best in the series and may touch on one of the best games this generation even though the best version will be on next gen consoles. Again, all my personal opinion.

I'd like to add Grand Theft Auto V to my list too. I didn't let hype get to me after I was disappointed by GTA IV and V has reinvigorated my love for the series. It almost feels like playing GTA III for the first time again, almost, and that is a pretty damn awesome feeling. 

Parker

Without a doubt, my Favourite Game of this past gen has to be Bioshock Infinite. The twists and turns, the mind-screw, the real-life ideas and the complete Realism of the characters completely blew my mind.

My runner-up would be Journey. A simple game with far-reaching emotions, Journey gave me an experience that was definitely like no other!

• Like 1

I've really enjoyed the ones I've played but I personally wouldn't consider any of them to be one of the best games this generation.

I'm glad you said "personally".

You've only played 2 of the 5 games and you haven't even finished either one of them. You're like the only person in the world that hasn't gotten the platinum for ACII and seriously, 6/61 trophies for Brotherhood? C'mon man.

I'm glad you said "personally".

You've only played 2 of the 5 games and you haven't even finished either one of them. You're like the only person in the world that hasn't gotten the platinum for ACII and seriously, 6/61 trophies for Brotherhood? C'mon man.

Too many games and not enough time. I started Brotherhood right after I beat Assassin's Creed II so I was a little burnt out when I stopped. I fully intended to finish the series (and still do) but like I said, I have too many other games I enjoy. Someday though, I'll beat 'em.  B)

Parker

Too many games and not enough time. I started Brotherhood right after I beat Assassin's Creed II so I was a little burnt out when I stopped. I fully intended to finish the series (and still do) but like I said, I have too many other games I enjoy. Someday though, I'll beat 'em. B)

Parker

I totally understand the situation. Burnout + too many games = familiar territory. Edited by effdeegee

The greatest ones for me are Red Dead Redemption and Ni No Kuni.

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are also up there with the best of the best.

What, no love for the remakes and indie?

DuckTales rocked,

Journey is the most stress-free experience in gaming ever,

and Bionic Commando Rearmed earns kudos for the most pumped-up soundtrack I've heard  :ninja:

GTA V without a doubt had more fun in the past 3 days than I have all this gen.

Not to doubt you, but this annoys me to no end, when people make a judgement call on a game having only plaed it less thana week.

How many times have you heard this within days of release:

GTA4: BEST GAME THIS GEN

UNCHATED 2: BEST GAME THIS GEN

RED DEAD: BEST GAME THIS GEN

BIOSHOCK: BEST GAME THIS GEN

INFINITE: BEST GAME THIS GEN

LAST OF US: BEST GAME THIS GEN

GTA5: BEST GAME THIS GEN

...well which was it?

Wish people would chill, play the game, and wait for hype to die down before trying to at least pretend to be objective. This isn't directed at you per se Joe, just an annoyance I have in general.

At very least, I wish people would say "One of the Best" blah blah, so it doesnt sound like every other game released gets automaticallt shat on when a new one comes out.

/end pissy rant

• Like 1

I can't really say since I've got such a backlog of games, a lot of which the PS3 hasn't even tasted or are still unwrapped.

If I see a cheap game I like the look of I'll get it.

But a few special mentions go to;

Demon's Souls

Flamelurker, I still hate you.

Fallout 3

For turning me into a slightly less cowardly gamer.

Shadow of the Colossus HD

For making me rage more than I ever have over a game or over a trophy... that I still haven't got.

But I still love you.

Not to doubt you, but this annoys me to no end, when people make a judgement call on a game having only plaed it less thana week.

How many times have you heard this within days of release:

GTA4: BEST GAME THIS GEN

UNCHATED 2: BEST GAME THIS GEN

RED DEAD: BEST GAME THIS GEN

BIOSHOCK: BEST GAME THIS GEN

INFINITE: BEST GAME THIS GEN

LAST OF US: BEST GAME THIS GEN

GTA5: BEST GAME THIS GEN

...well which was it?

Wish people would chill, play the game, and wait for hype to die down before trying to at least pretend to be objective. This isn't directed at you per se Joe, just an annoyance I have in general.

At very least, I wish people would say "One of the Best" blah blah, so it doesnt sound like every other game released gets automaticallt shat on when a new one comes out.

/end pissy rant

I do agree with you, there are many good games, no way to tell which is best of all.

you can only tell which YOU like the most.

but many don't seem to realise that