LA Noire Ending *SPOILERS*

AlteredFormula

I've got to say, I really wasnt expecting that ending, loved it but wasnt expecting it...

I was expecting him to survive, bring the bastards down and maybe even reconcile with the wife. The fact that Earle was speaking at his funeral made it even more sinister... you bastards, Rockstar!!

So maybe a sequel starring Kelso as the lead character...?

Yeah, I know Take Two were looking at LA Noire as a franchise, but I really don't know which way they should go with a sequel. I think maybe starting with a completely new character and exploring more of the dark side of the Force (Police Force, that is) with the ultimate aim of rising through the ranks and bringing down those corrupt fucks responsible for the events of the first game. Not so much a revenge story, but a fresh set of eyes that all but ignores the first games story until you start to get more involved with the inner workings of the departments you are in. It would be cool to see the other game's characters a few years on, but I wouldn't want them to be involved too heavily from the start at least. If possible, it would also be good if the playable character didn't scream bloody murder at a grieving widow when trying to 'doubt' a statement.

• Like 2

It would be cool to see the other game's characters a few years on, but I wouldn't want them to be involved too heavily from the start at least.

I would love to see that, perhaps even see how that one corrupt sonofabitch has risen through the the ranks

If possible, it would also be good if the playable character didn't scream bloody murder at a grieving widow when trying to 'doubt' a statement.

That would also be blinding, I'll miss Shouty Phelps though.

• 4 weeks later...

In all honesty, I kind of saw that type of ending coming. Rockstar is known for having sad endings in games. Just look at RDR.

Although you are 98% correct Hitman, I just didnt see it coming. I was expecting a twist, maybe more down the GTA4 route with a choice of either exposing the bastards and not getting back with your wife or vice verse rather than the untimely death.

As for when we'll see a sequal who knows. With everything going down at Bondi and the relationship between them and Rockstar being pretty damaged, it may even never happen.

Just finished it literally 5 seconds ago. As much as I liked this game, I honestly thought the ending pretty much sucked. Maybe it was because I never really cared for any of the characters throughout the game (thanks to poor character development I might add), but I honestly felt no emotion for the ending, and I found it quite sappy. The game itself is unique, but I just didn't like Phelps as a character whatsoever. He was too one-dimensional.

I would like to see a sequel of some kind. I wouldn't mind having a direct follow-up with Kelso as the main character, but I think a change of scenery would be nice too. How about Chicago in the 1920's with all the problems with the mafia? Like the Untouchables.

• Like 3

Although you are 98% correct Hitman, I just didnt see it coming. I was expecting a twist, maybe more down the GTA4 route with a choice of either exposing the bastards and not getting back with your wife or vice verse rather than the untimely death.

As for when we'll see a sequal who knows. With everything going down at Bondi and the relationship between them and Rockstar being pretty damaged, it may even never happen.

Care to explain? I've never heard about the bad blood between them and am interested to hear what it's about. Too laszy to use Google now... :blink:

Parker

Care to explain? I've never heard about the bad blood between them and am interested to hear what it's about. Too laszy to use Google now... :blink:

Parker

No problem,

to cut a long story short the rumour is, Bondi actually missed so many target dates for the release that Rockstar had to essentially jump in and finish the job, that coupled with allegations of 100 hour weeks at Bondi has not done them any favours.

Rockstar have said that they wont publish any further Team Bondi games.

For more see here:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/310266/rockstar-and-team-bondi-relationship-badly-damaged-report/

or here:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Sparks-Fly-as-Rockstar-and-Team-Bondi-Relationship-Is-Coming-to-an-End-210041.shtml

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/310266/rockstar-and-team-bondi-relationship-badly-damaged-report/

• Like 1

The LA Noire ending was really lack luster. I was expecting more than what they did, especially with Kelso. It feels like they cut out an entire case folder, leading to a rushed ending that didn't solve much. If they do make something with the series, I hope it ties up all the loose ends that wasnt finished.

I would like to see a sequel of some kind. I wouldn't mind having a direct follow-up with Kelso as the main character, but I think a change of scenery would be nice too. How about Chicago in the 1920's with all the problems with the mafia? Like the Untouchables.

A sequel in the 1920's... but where did Kelso find the time machine?

Snappy retorts aside, I think I hear what you are saying, but I would just prefer a continuation of the story with a rather bitter Kelso, but thats me I like dark stuff I guess.

Too young to be an original goth and too old to be a hot emo guy, I missed my calling.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Actually the fact that Phelps died didn't shock me as badly as the funeral. I mean Roy giving a speech? I was like wtf, why is he not inprisoned. And even though we got to knew that Kelso doesn't really like Phelps much, I thought that he will either take revenge or what could be more expected he will "destroy" the higher-ups of Police. Well you got me there Rockstar, Up for GTA IV soon I guess.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I had the feeling that Cole wasn't going to have a happy ending when he cheated on his wife with that German slut

would've liked to see a more intense demise like the flamethrower vet setting cole and the girl on fire while they were escaping, then having to actually fight him with Kelso.  I thought that was going to happen when I saw cole and her limping away from the scene

In the end, I personally didn't like the ending