SirEcecirillo

Update backward compatibility ps5

56 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

They "believe" means basically nothing. It just means that it might one day be possible. That they think it could be that way. It just reeks of them trying to get good publicity, without really committing to anything.

 

It's all really going to boil down to how dedicated Sony is to testing games and pushing them through (which I think is stupid, but that's a whole other thing). Considering how the PS2 games on PS4 went, I have very very low expectations. They played up that way more PS2 games would be getting trophy support and went out of their way to say that the games didn't need a lot of work. Then they put out a few, and just kind of stopped. I'm betting this will be the same. They'll put out some of the most popular games, then they'll just kind of stop once the PS5 picks up steam and they don't have to anymore.

 

Also, for someone like me that tends to like fairly niche games, I'm sure very few of the games I would actually want to play again are going to make the cut no matter what. I somehow doubt they're going to be rushing to test games like .hack//G.U. Last Recode, Cyberdimension Neptunia, or Under Night In-Birth. I can pretty much guarantee it'll be mostly newer games that they can still sell and first party games that everyone has already played in the first year or so. Stuff like inFamous, God of War, and The Last of Us. After that, they'll probably do some more popular 3rd party games. Stuff like Bioshock, Final Fantasy, and Resident Evil. By the point, I expect it'll drop off and they'll just ignore anyone who talks about it. Or for them to only push through games when there's a sequel coming they want to sell. Like around the time Horizon Zero Dawn 2 gets announced, they push through Horizon Zero Dawn.

 

Remember, the guy who talked about how backwards compatibility is a waste of time and money, and that most people don't even use it back when the PS3 got backwards compatibility taken out is now in charge. I somehow doubt that he's going to let more resources go to getting PS4 games running on PS5 than he absolutely has to, and will pull the plug as soon as he can.

Edited by ExHaseo
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

They "believe" means basically nothing. It just means that it might one day be possible. That they think it could be that way. It just reeks of them trying to get good publicity, without really committing to anything.

 

It's all really going to boil down to how dedicated Sony is to testing games and pushing them through (which I think is stupid, but that's a whole other thing). Considering how the PS2 games on PS4 went, I have very very low expectations. They played up that way more PS2 games would be getting trophy support and went out of their way to say that the games didn't need a lot of work. Then they put out a few, and just kind of stopped. I'm betting this will be the same. They'll put out some of the most popular games, then they'll just kind of stop once the PS5 picks up steam and they don't have to anymore.

 

Also, for someone like me that tends to like fairly niche games, I'm sure very few of the games I would actually want to play again are going to make the cut no matter what. I somehow doubt they're going to be rushing to test games like .hack//G.U. Last Recode, Cyberdimension Neptunia, or Under Night In-Birth. I can pretty much guarantee it'll be mostly newer games that they can still sell and first party games that everyone has already played in the first year or so. Stuff like inFamous, God of War, and The Last of Us. After that, they'll probably do some more popular 3rd party games. Stuff like Bioshock, Final Fantasy, and Resident Evil. By the point, I expect it'll drop off and they'll just ignore anyone who talks about it. Or for them to only push through games when there's a sequel coming they want to sell. Like around the time Horizon Zero Dawn 2 gets announced, they push through Horizon Zero Dawn.

 

Remember, the guy who talked about how backwards compatibility is a waste of time and money, and that most people don't even use it back when the PS3 got backwards compatibility taken out is now in charge. I somehow doubt that he's going to let more resources go to getting PS4 games running on PS5 than he absolutely has to, and will pull the plug as soon as he can.

Unfortunately I believe this will be the likely case.

 

Unless PS5 doesn't sell fast enough for them. (Which I'm thinking it won't)

Then I think they push the "switch over program" heavy and fast. 

 

I was going to buy day 1ish

But that was when I thought my PS4 backlog was coming with.

 

Now I have little incentive for day1, or even year1

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dav9834 said:

I was going to buy day 1ish

But that was when I thought my PS4 backlog was coming with.

 

Now I have little incentive for day1, or even year1

 

Same for me. I even held off on buying a PS4 Pro to get a PS5 day one when I heard about the backwards compatibility. Now though, I'm going to get a Pro sometime this year, and likely wont get a PS5 for another 2 or 3 years, like I did with the PS4. Even then, it entirely depends on the exclusives. I've seen a lot of people mirror this sentiment. So I'm secretly hoping Sony sees it, and decides to push out full compatibility. Just with the caveat that some games may not run in full PS5 mode until it's been tested.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

 

Same for me. I even held off on buying a PS4 Pro to get a PS5 day one when I heard about the backwards compatibility. Now though, I'm going to get a Pro sometime this year, and likely wont get a PS5 for another 2 or 3 years, like I did with the PS4. Even then, it entirely depends on the exclusives. I've seen a lot of people mirror this sentiment. So I'm secretly hoping Sony sees it, and decides to push out full compatibility. Just with the caveat that some games may not run in full PS5 mode until it's been tested.

This ^^^^^ :highfive:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does Sony struggle so massively with this feature?

 

For years this has been the #1 feature requested by PlayStation users, and one of the only real areas where PlayStation is inferior to Xbox. I had just come to expect that backwards compatibility would be a given, and that it would mean the ability to play ALL PS4 games, and hopefully games from older consoles as well (PS3 at the very least).

 

I’ve never bought a console at launch in my life. Hell, I only bought a PS4 a little over 1 year ago. But for the first time ever I was planning to actually buy a PS5 on launch because I was under the impression I’d be able to play my entire game library on it, which would make the purchase fully worth it.

 

For me personally there’s not much point in buying a PS5 without this feature. I hope they figure it out before that time comes around so I can make my decision.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

For years this has been the #1 feature requested by PlayStation users


Got any data to back this up?

 

Sure seems like the PSN name change was more requested than backward compatibility.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Why does Sony struggle so massively with this feature?

 

For years this has been the #1 feature requested by PlayStation users, and one of the only real areas where PlayStation is inferior to Xbox. I had just come to expect that backwards compatibility would be a given, and that it would mean the ability to play ALL PS4 games, and hopefully games from older consoles as well (PS3 at the very least).

 

I’ve never bought a console at launch in my life. Hell, I only bought a PS4 a little over 1 year ago. But for the first time ever I was planning to actually buy a PS5 on launch because I was under the impression I’d be able to play my entire game library on it, which would make the purchase fully worth it.

 

For me personally there’s not much point in buying a PS5 without this feature. I hope they figure it out before that time comes around so I can make my decision.

 

 

 

They stated to have most of the 4000 PS4 games playable on PS5. The 'struggle' is boost PS4 games to run better on PS5 and they claim to have about 100 games working boosted on PS5.
 

You shouldn't expect BC. When you bring up Xbox and BC you give them so much leeway when their BC is really just emulation of a few games. That isn't full or real BC that you're trying to hold Playstation to.


If BC was so important then the PS3 should have been your dream console as it checked all the boxes you claim to require. Not buying that day one demonstrate how important BC really is to people like you. It is just a talking point nothing you want to actual pay for even when provided.

 

No console this generation had BC. Xbox and PS4 and Switch only added some limited emulation months or years after those consoles came out. 2 of which are setting sales records even before adding a few emulated games. How exactly is BC important to most people when the sales say otherwise? If you want it, just say that. Don't try to running to a fictional majority. 

 

If playing old games is important then you'd have the old games and the old systems already. Getting BC on a new system would be a bonus not a requirement.

Edited by TJ_Solo
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

 

They stated to have most of the 4000 PS4 games playable on PS5. The 'struggle' is boost PS4 games to run better on PS5 and they claim to have about 100 games working boosted on PS5.
 

You shouldn't expect BC. When you bring up Xbox and BC you give them so much leeway when their BC is really just emulation of a few games. That isn't full or real BC that you're trying to hold Playstation to.


If BC was so important then the PS3 should have been your dream console as it checked all the boxes you claim to require. Not buying that day one demonstrate how important BC really is to people like you. It is just a talking point nothing you want to actual pay for even when provided.

 

No console this generation had BC. Xbox and PS4 and Switch only added some limited emulation months or years after those consoles came out. 2 of which are setting sales records even before adding a few emulated games. How exactly is BC important to most people when the sales say otherwise? If you want it, just say that. Don't try to running to a fictional majority. 

 

If playing old games is important then you'd have the old games and the old systems already. Getting BC on a new system would be a bonus not a requirement.

BC is extremely uncommon as well, the ps2/ps3 did it, the wii and wii u did it, and that's it for home consoles. Handhelds only the gameboy line up to the ds lite did it.

 

Before anyone mentions, yes the game gear and genesis could do master system, but they both required purchasing an extra peripheral to do so, and the 32x only did it because it required being inserted into the genesis to even work

Edited by SnowxSakura
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

BC is extremely uncommon as well, the ps2/ps3 did it, the wii and wii u did it, and that's it for home consoles. Handhelds only the gameboy line up to the ds lite did it.

 

Before anyone mentions, yes the game gear and genesis could do master system, but they both required purchasing an extra peripheral to do so, and the 32x only did it because it required being inserted into the genesis to even work

 

*up to the 3DS line.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2020 at 5:11 PM, punkshepherd said:

 

Their definition of overwhelming majority better not be 51%. 

It better not be two-thirds (66.67%) either. PS4 is x86, and so is PS5, only more powerful. So no emulation is needed. What's this I heard about Sony saying PS5 is actually too fast for some titles? If PS5 were to make a game run too fast, surely there should be some way to throttle it to the proper speed. Xbox SX is going to be full BC with XOne. Color me disappointed.

 

And if a PC can do PS3 emulation... Sony should be able to make it work for PS5. I could understand if PS4's power wasn't enough to emulate the complex PS3 (maybe that was the case), but IINM, PS5 should have power to do it (I hope!). No, I do not want to stream PS3 games. As for PS4->PS3... I suppose there's a good enough explanation. If a PS3 SoC were added, then you'd be looking at another $600 console. While I would've still gone for PS4 at $600, there are many I'm sure who would not.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will our digital library from the ps4 transfer?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

 

*up to the 3DS line.

Wasn't counting ds playability in my post, more along the lines of game boy titles which was removed on the dsi

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Wasn't counting ds playability in my post, more along the lines of game boy titles which was removed on the dsi

 

Yeah, but it has to be acknowledged that it only ended for GBA titles with the DSL, while 3DS at least made sure to be BC with DS titles, which is the true end for BC with the handheld line.

Edited by EcoShifter
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 2020-03-31 at 3:49 PM, DaivRules said:

Got any data to back this up?

 

Sure seems like the PSN name change was more requested than backward compatibility.


Come on man.. 🤦‍♂️ 

 

I think you’re being a little pedantic here. Obviously I don’t have some statistic in my back pocket to support my statement. I don’t know with certainty what the number one requested feature was. But neither do you evidently, as “sure seems” isn’t exactly the most accurate measurement either.

 

I was not trying to prove that feature was indeed number one. I was trying to make a point. But unfortunately I seem to have missed the mark... with you at least. I just wanted to illustrate the fact that backwards compatibility has been one of the most desired and requested features for PlayStation users for years now.

 

Again, I have no idea what the actual most requested feature is. But for me personally, I’ve seen far more people discuss their desire for backwards compatibility than I have seen people discuss their longing for the ability to change their PSN name.

 

 

On 2020-03-31 at 3:51 PM, TJ_Solo said:

 

They stated to have most of the 4000 PS4 games playable on PS5. The 'struggle' is boost PS4 games to run better on PS5 and they claim to have about 100 games working boosted on PS5.
 

You shouldn't expect BC. When you bring up Xbox and BC you give them so much leeway when their BC is really just emulation of a few games. That isn't full or real BC that you're trying to hold Playstation to.


If BC was so important then the PS3 should have been your dream console as it checked all the boxes you claim to require. Not buying that day one demonstrate how important BC really is to people like you. It is just a talking point nothing you want to actual pay for even when provided.

 

No console this generation had BC. Xbox and PS4 and Switch only added some limited emulation months or years after those consoles came out. 2 of which are setting sales records even before adding a few emulated games. How exactly is BC important to most people when the sales say otherwise? If you want it, just say that. Don't try to running to a fictional majority. 

 

If playing old games is important then you'd have the old games and the old systems already. Getting BC on a new system would be a bonus not a requirement.


Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Sony initially stated that backwards compatibility (BC) would cover around 400 titles. After the backlash and negative reception that ensued over this statement, they then clarified in a later statement that they “hoped” and “were confident” that BC would cover the majority of the 4000 games in the PS4 catalogue. (note: I am paraphrasing here. But the point is that they were less than clear about how much BC the PS5 can really handle.)

 

This is of course great news, but like many other posters in this thread I remain skeptical. I agree with the posters in here who suspect Sony may be overstating their capabilities at this point, and that they sound rather unsure themselves about how much the PS5 will be able to do. I would imagine they are most likely prioritizing their BC capabilities on the big, popular AAA titles and that the TRUE number of games with backwards compatibility will likely be a lot less than what they are “hoping” for.

 

Also - I’m not sure why you sound so defensive about this issue? I hope you’re not one of those hardcore fanboys who believes your favourite company can do no wrong. Not that it’s any of your business, but if you need clarification on my history and my relationship with my PS3, then I’ll say that compared to many of you I arrived quite late to the gaming scene.

 

I’ve been on PlayStation for a little over 3 years now, and have been largely playing catch up during that time (which has been extremely enjoyable I might add. Getting to play so many classic franchises and brilliant Sony exclusives for the very first time).
 

My situation is a big part of the reason reason why BC is such an important feature to me personally. My feelings are such:

 

1) Having so many older acclaimed games/franchises to play and explore for the very first time, I rarely find myself buying brand new titles when they are released. (For example, it would seem silly to spend $80 on the latest Call of Duty Modern Warfare game like everyone else, when I can first buy and explore all the older games in the series for dirt cheap, since I’ve never played them before.)

 

2) Because I am playing “catch up” with the majority of you guys who have been gaming for a decade plus, I am always buying cheap games and have quickly amassed a very large collection of PS3/PS4 games. And still, I am constantly scouring the weekly PSN sales and my local game shops for more games to add to the collection. This means I have a pretty much endless supply of great older games piling up in my backlog.
 

Of course, if I bought a PS5 I can still just fire up my PS3 and PS4 at any time to play these games. BUT - being able to play all (or most) of my game library on the PS5 would be immensely convenient and a huge, instant attraction to me. Without the ability to do this, I have little reason to splurge on an expensive new console (personally) that I may only use for a handful of brand new PS5 games every year.

 

It really doesn’t matter too much to me either way. I’m not going to be devastated if I don’t buy a PS5 on launch, and whether I do or not will make little difference to me. I will still be a very happy gamer and be occupied with all the games I current,t have. 
 

However, with how highly this feature has been requested and desired by players for years and years, I guess I was just expecting Sony to nail backwards compatibility and make this an absolute priority for the new console. For as long as I’ve heard rumours of the PS5 over the last 3 years, I’ve heard players demand backwards compatibility. For most people I’ve seen, this appears to be among the biggest selling points. So if they end up botching or half-assing this feature I would be a little shocked.. and certainly disappointed.

Edited by dieselmanchild
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Sony initially stated that backwards compatibility (BC) would cover around 400 titles.

I'll certainly correct you, the statement is that they were TESTING with the top 100 games and would have those titles compatibility ready at release. They never claimed it would only cover 100 games. This was a case of people not actually paying attention to what was being said.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The announcement that not all PS4 games will be backwards compatible with the PS5 (at launch) came as a disappointment to me, but not a surprise. Not shocked at all that PS1-PS3 compatibility isn't a thing with it (still have a sliver of hope they might allow us to play our digital PSOne and PS2 classics again on it though). Yeah sure, they can claim the "overwhelming majority" of PS4 games will be playable on PS5, but that doesn't really mean anything until they state exactly what it means. As others have said, it could literally just be 51% of all PS4 games.

 

I was likely gonna wait on a PS5 anyway, this just makes me wanna wait longer. We probably won't be seeing the release of it until Spring 2021 at the earliest now anyway. I don't buy their claims that COVID19 won't affect the launch, it just seems like PR talk. The world is already going through an economic crisis, it's already become hard to find PS4s, Nintendo Switches and even Xbox Ones anywhere any more currently (at least in my country), probably due to low production rate in China currently. Sony have also stated the cost of producing PS5s has been driven up due to current low workforce in China. People aren't going to want to shell out for a £400+ console plus games and likely an extra controller or two after being furloughed or unemployed for months. I think it would be an incredibly poor move for Sony and Microsoft to go ahead and release their consoles this holiday season considering I don't think our current pandemic is going anyway any time soon, and will likely spike again at some point once we all think it's safe and restrictions are lifted. It's not gonna be safe until a vaccine is created.

 

Backwards compatibility isn't super important to me, but I would have almost definitely gotten the PS5 at launch if it miraculously had full backwards compatibility back to the PS1, even if it was super expensive as a result. I'd be worried about them dropping all that in favour of lowering the price later on like they did with the PS3. The fact is, old hardware does eventually fail, old discs and cartridges can eventually corrode or get disc rot or whatever. I do like the idea of being able to play all my old games on a brand new piece of hardware that I don't need to worry about dying on me any time soon. Emulation is great and all, but not always 100% perfect, which is also an issue when it comes to backwards compatibility on official hardware as well, but I've generally had more luck with "official" emulators than third party ones.

 

Anyhow, I was thinking about getting a 1TB PS4 slim at some point as a backup to my ancient launch model PS4. Will likely get that sometime late this year or sometime next year depending on how the situation is, and likely won't be getting a PS5 at all until 2-3 years into its life cycle, unless it gets some VERY tempting games in that time frame.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Sony initially stated that backwards compatibility (BC) would cover around 400 titles. After the backlash and negative reception that ensued over this statement, they then clarified in a later statement that they “hoped” and “were confident” that BC would cover the majority of the 4000 games in the PS4 catalogue. (note: I am paraphrasing here. But the point is that they were less than clear about how much BC the PS5 can really handle.) 

This is of course great news, but like many other posters in this thread I remain skeptical. I agree with the posters in here who suspect Sony may be overstating their capabilities at this point, and that they sound rather unsure themselves about how much the PS5 will be able to do. I would imagine they are most likely prioritizing their BC capabilities on the big, popular AAA titles and that the TRUE number of games with backwards compatibility will likely be a lot less than what they are “hoping” for.

 


Cerny's comment was about getting the top 100 PS4 games working with a boosted mode on PS5. Outside of boost or extra power 4000 PS4 games will work on PS5. Yes, Sony needed to re-clarify that point after some backlash on social media.They didn't add the games because of an outcry but rather cleared up a point that wasn't spoken on.

 

Quote

 

Also - I’m not sure why you sound so defensive about this issue? I hope you’re not one of those hardcore fanboys who believes your favourite company can do no wrong. Not that it’s any of your business, but if you need clarification on my history and my relationship with my PS3, then I’ll say that compared to many of you I arrived quite late to the gaming scene.

 


 

 

I am just setting the record straight with facts and calling out misinformation. My favorite company is and will always be Sega. Every other console maker only matter if they can make games to justify me buying their console. MS made their console irrelevant to me when they put their library on PC. Sony could be teetering on that same issue but as far as I can see their next console will still be supported by unique games. My history with Sony is actually shorter than with Xbox. I didn't buy a Sony console until 2012 or 2013 after my 360 broke and I decided not to get an Xbox One. The fanboy card doesn't work with me.

 

 

On 4/2/2020 at 7:23 PM, dieselmanchild said:

My situation is a big part of the reason reason why BC is such an important feature to me personally. My feelings are such:

 

 

I bought a PS2, PS3, and PS4 all in the same year. I still have all 3. Complete BC on PS5 would be nice but isn't part of my buying decisions and isn't necessary since I still have all 3. Conversely, anyone promoting Xbox Series X BC are sadly glossing over the fact that the console still won't play all Xbox and Xbox 360 games. It will just play the same BC games that the Xbox One did. So if anyone really loves playing old games on the Xbox will still need all generation of consoles there too.

Saying that BC is needed for you to buy a console sounds strange to me as a gamer that has never found complete BC to be a thing on any console. 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 31/3/2020 at 5:23 PM, SnowxSakura said:

BC is extremely uncommon as well, the ps2/ps3 did it, the wii and wii u did it, and that's it for home consoles. Handhelds only the gameboy line up to the ds lite did it.

 

Before anyone mentions, yes the game gear and genesis could do master system, but they both required purchasing an extra peripheral to do so, and the 32x only did it because it required being inserted into the genesis to even work

 

I just to make a point about this. I really wonder why, with all out technology developed, why not it make it fully BC while Nintendo managed exactly that with less powerful systems. When looking through the past decade, Wii U allowed full BC with Wii and it with GameCube; 3DS with full DS family and the core DS with GameBoy Advance. Obviously they cut the ability to read other games like those for Game Boy, in order to limit the handheld power in production costs' sake and also to foment the buying of that console. 

 

However I wonder, if Sony would somehow treat this new console in order to keep it alive with regards of it's consumers base. PS4 is obviously one of the most sold console in all time. Therefore they should care about this issue to maintain their consumers satisfied. 

 

Amazes me that their competition has different perspectives on the issue, like Microsoft that despite huge games that were released around 10 years ago, still have full support from the company. Of course, they're different companies and have opposing views on the matter how they treat their consumers, again. But Sony has the power to invest properly in those franchises that people would like to still playing. For example, the Driveclub server's shutdown was a surprise to me, because it's one of the core games developed exclusively for PS4. It lasted less that this generation while lets say, Halo or Gears of War STILL have an active player base that even Gears 3 had more active player ever that Gears 5 could have in it's opening weekend.

 

By that, I'll would argue that Sony should take care properly about this issue and continue giving maintenance to PS4, their player base and so on. It'll freaking me out that the company would force you to buy a console that you're not completely satisfied with its specs. They learned their mistakes from PS3 and they used what they learnt from this generation by themselves and their competitors. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

I really wonder why, with all out technology developed, why not it make it fully BC while Nintendo managed exactly that with less powerful systems.


I highly encourage you to spend some time reading about the hardware of both companies and do deep generational comparisons. The answer for Nintendo: it was easy. The answer for Sony with “fully BC”, because the PS3.

 

7 minutes ago, Xenoblast91 said:

It'll freaking me out that the company would force you to buy a console that you're not completely satisfied with its specs


I’d freak out too if I was forced to buy any console. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

 

 

I just to make a point about this. I really wonder why, with all out technology developed, why not it make it fully BC while Nintendo managed exactly that with less powerful systems. When looking through the past decade, Wii U allowed full BC with Wii and it with GameCube; 3DS with full DS family and the core DS with GameBoy Advance. Obviously they cut the ability to read other games like those for Game Boy, in order to limit the handheld power in production costs' sake and also to foment the buying of that console. 

 

However I wonder, if Sony would somehow treat this new console in order to keep it alive with regards of it's consumers base. PS4 is obviously one of the most sold console in all time. Therefore they should care about this issue to maintain their consumers satisfied. 

 

Amazes me that their competition has different perspectives on the issue, like Microsoft that despite huge games that were released around 10 years ago, still have full support from the company. Of course, they're different companies and have opposing views on the matter how they treat their consumers, again. But Sony has the power to invest properly in those franchises that people would like to still playing. For example, the Driveclub server's shutdown was a surprise to me, because it's one of the core games developed exclusively for PS4. It lasted less that this generation while lets say, Halo or Gears of War STILL have an active player base that even Gears 3 had more active player ever that Gears 5 could have in it's opening weekend.

 

By that, I'll would argue that Sony should take care properly about this issue and continue giving maintenance to PS4, their player base and so on. It'll freaking me out that the company would force you to buy a console that you're not completely satisfied with its specs. They learned their mistakes from PS3 and they used what they learnt from this generation by themselves and their competitors. 

The Wii is an overclocked gamecube, and the Wii u uses similar architecture as the wii so it was extremely easy for them

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm actually really curious how much BC has impact on sales. Personally, I couldn't care less. It's a nice bonus but far from a deciding factor whether to buy ps5 or not.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I highly encourage you to spend some time reading about the hardware of both companies and do deep generational comparisons. The answer for Nintendo: it was easy. The answer for Sony with “fully BC”, because the PS3.

 

Any tip for start the research? I like to see all those documentaries and videos about the generational differences between each console. Looking through Wikipedia makes the thing a little bit difficult; all the information is spread all over (I like to read instead of watching someone talking and babbling around for 10 minutes without nothing of substance, though). Thanks for the short answer. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to be able to replace my PS4 with the 5 and not regret it due to some games on my external SSD not being playable.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see backward compatibility with full trophy support.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, vanessaking2 said:

I would like to see backward compatibility with full trophy support.

We can just keep dreaming :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.