COVID-19 Platinums

I've gone back to Final Fantasy X, which I started June 2016.  I'd gone back to it sporadically but now I feel like powering through - honestly having the mindless grind is helping a bit but I'll likely change it up soon and start something else that I can play in between grinding sphere levels.  Still got the lightning dodges to do which I decided "not today" after attempting it earlier and getting hit repeatedly after 10 dodges.

I was job hunting before all this happened, had a few positions lined up for interview and one was even at the reference stage but I've had emails from them all saying the positions are on hold for the time being.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shadowlord87 said:

I'm currently working on the grindfest that is Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (ps3 version), been working on it on and off for the last couple months.

Down to my final trophy for it now, which I can probably get done tomorrow (Lvl 99 Riku).

Oh I did that one in January...yeah there are a lot of stupid grinds in that game.

Don't know if it counts since I started before getting in quarantine but I got the platinum for Sly 2 and I'm now working on Chains of Olympus. 

I'm also watching tons of movies right now. Just finished watching "The Mask" and I'm planning on going through my movie backlog (it's currently bigger than my game backlog) 

I finally platted binding of Isaac rebirth during this quarantine and life is strange for the ps3 lol

42 minutes ago, Shadowlord87 said:

I'm currently working on the grindfest that is Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (ps3 version), been working on it on and off for the last couple months.

Down to my final trophy for it now, which I can probably get done tomorrow (Lvl 99 Riku).

I can’t tell you how much I hated grinding Riku to level 99 in that game the ps3 version was a nightmare to plat lol

I've got a bit of the best of both worlds here.  I work from home normally, so my work hasn't closed down.  But the clients we support are mostly closed, so our volume is very slow and the few calls we get are short and easy typically and that means I can play games on my Vita and laptop between calls.

So far I've been able to wrap up Block-A-Pix Deluxe.  Working on MeiQ.

Mostly will be Vita games I'll be playing at work, playing PS3 and PS4 is still a bit tricky and is going to require some moving around of my room to make happen or I'll need to get a TV stand that is a bit higher up so it's more comfortable to play from a chair rather than my bed.  I'll likely do that at some point since my Vita backlog is getting very small.

• Like 1

Just earned six POWGI Platinums this week: Word Wheel(PS4), Mixups(PS4), Fifty Words(PS4), Just a Phrase(both Vita and PS4 as I bought it on Vita) and One Word(PS4). I am also working on Scribblenauts Mega Pack, which I bought on sale and plan to complete the rest of the trophies for Scribblenauts Unmasked to get that platinum. On Vita I am working on LEGO Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey(really EZPZ LEGO game, easiest of the bunch because you don't have to 100% it) and might start work on my LEGO games on PS4, the Harry Potter collection and Jurassic Park, even though they have over 15 levels and unskippable cutscenes. Ouch.

Also got a couple of trophies on Dragon Quest Builders and will eventually get to work on Chapter 1's speedrun challenge soon enough, just have to get stocked up for the rush to avoid wasting time(though you can pause the time flow by entering your menu, this will be vital in future chapters as time starts running as soon as you enter) and plan on Dragon Quest Builders 2 soon.

However, I am using blank accounts for certain games, mainly Kingdom Hearts 3, due to a bug I ran into that didn't count a chest even though I opened it and made it impossible to get 100% on my records and the platinum. Might probably spend the week doing Kingdom Hearts 3 just for fun even though it now has DLC trophies. But they aren't too bad and I eventually might get the Re:Mind DLC in the future. Once I plat those accounts, I'll have to delete my account on my PS4 and upload the account to log into the main account, although my last experiment caused some games I platinumed to not get uploaded and the trophy data was gone forever.

Other games on the chopping block in future weeks:

• FFVIII Remastered(seriously, they give you god mode and unlimited limit breaks and those don't disable trophies! Why am I cringing?)
  • Ni no Kuni Remastered(even though the dupe glitch made platinuming NNK easier in PS3, I'm not really into PS Now right Now. ;p)
  • Ni no Kuni 2 (I'll get it back someday, the game was fun and I want to see what the DLC content does to improve the combat. Not sure about the DLC trophies.)
  • FFXII Zodiac Age (yes, it's long and grindy and I have to do Trial Mode without stopping but I need a challenge)
  • Kingdom Hearts series (these games are beautiful and made me like Disney properties. The Critical Rushes, however, will be brutal.)

I also might look into Persona 5 Royal since they removed a ton of trophies I really wasn't fond of(the one for navigation lines reminded me why I can't even plat P4G, because of Hardcore Risette. Being autistic and distracted by MMOs, I am not sure I can get that trophy and the one for Persona 5 is even worse, I'm glad they removed that in P5R though it doesn't have a speed-up feature like P4G did) and maybe... maybe Disgaea games. I want to try out Disgaea 4 Complete as Fuka was one of my favorite Disgaea characters. ^_^

EDIT: Whoops, almost made the first bullet point FFVII Remastered. As much as it's interesting to see the remake get really awesome and the combat become action-based, I am not really interested in flushing down $60 an episode for ten episodes just for trophies. (Exaggeration: I am sure it's not that bad but the original was HUGE open world stuff.)

• Like 2

Making my way through my backlog slowly but surely during the quarantine. Got the Goat Simulator DLCs done which I had putting off for a while. Working on Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, which in an ideal world I'll have done by tomorrow night (just have to do free-play now). Then it's off to Assassin's Creed III Liberation (Vita) and Ghostbusters, followed by Control hopefully. After that I think I'll tackle some of the longer games I have, like Sims 3 Pets or PC Building Simulator. Will update as I go.

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

I've got a bit of the best of both worlds here.  I work from home normally, so my work hasn't closed down.  But the clients we support are mostly closed, so our volume is very slow and the few calls we get are short and easy typically and that means I can play games on my Vita and laptop between calls.

So far I've been able to wrap up Block-A-Pix Deluxe.  Working on MeiQ.

Mostly will be Vita games I'll be playing at work, playing PS3 and PS4 is still a bit tricky and is going to require some moving around of my room to make happen or I'll need to get a TV stand that is a bit higher up so it's more comfortable to play from a chair rather than my bed.  I'll likely do that at some point since my Vita backlog is getting very small.

how is MeiQ? i have it in my backlog, any guides you are using that you don't mind linking? that is if you are using any, haven't seen a trophy guide for it. lol.

as for the topic i've been playing danganronpa v3 for most of this month on the vita, have one more trophy, the one for using everyone in the ultimate talent develop plan so i'm getting close to finishing the platinum. other than that no platinum as of yet. 

This topic would have worked better as a COVID-19 themed platinum one, which I initially thought it was. I don't want to associate all my various type of game genre platinums with this virus just because I got them during the pandemic. Most will just be regular platinums. However, I'll probably prioritize Days Gone now over what I've had planned, after what i'm currently working on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

how is MeiQ? i have it in my backlog, any guides you are using that you don't mind linking? that is if you are using any, haven't seen a trophy guide for it. lol.

as for the topic i've been playing danganronpa v3 for most of this month on the vita, have one more trophy, the one for using everyone in the ultimate talent develop plan so i'm getting close to finishing the platinum. other than that no platinum as of yet. 

This topic provides some maps and directions I've found helpful so far:

I also found another topic in the forum with a listing of all the parts.  Nothing seems to be missable.  I only just finished chapter 3, but the main reason for the UR plat seems to be the intense grind needed to get all the parts and not so much anything that is difficult.  It's not really that good of a game, but if you're itching for something to do and like dungeon crawlers and have played most everything else it's not terrible and I got it pretty cheap too.

• Like 1

I never really thought much about it. I was just going to grind out Warframe. But now that I actually think about it, I might plat something.

Maybe DMCV... Maybe RE2... possibly a Kingdom Hearts... Gonna have to give this some thought lol.

Maybe I'll just replay DQ11. Been thinking about that a lot and there's no better time.