COVID-19 Platinums

Like many other, im working on the backlog. Not planning to start anything new until Persona 5R, Resident Evil and FF7R which are only like a week away, but still. Hope to get some of the backlog done during the weekend. Currently grinding Mark of Honors in Code Vein.

Also managed to finish the My Time at Portia platinum during the past week.

Edited by Misshandlad

On 3/22/2020 at 9:54 PM, Mesopithecus said:

I just got everything prepared today to start that sphere grid grind, I zoomed out on it all earlier and I feel like it's going to take forever, hoping it goes fast though when I get started on it.

Yeah, once you get to farming levels via Don Tonberry it goes quick.  The longer part is getting access to all the unique arena monsters and farming the special spheres from them to fill in the blank spots.  The only really pain in the butt part is when you get to getting luck as high as you can because you have to farm two monsters for each spot to open and both the monsters are very tedious battles.  I ended up saying screw it and filled the rest in with easier stuff just to get the trophy out of the way.  The bigger pain is the minigames since those are luck based.  If you go for the easy route of using Zanmoto to beat Penance you don't have to worry about max stats so much but getting high stats definitely makes the sphere grid grind easier since those battles get easier as you get more filled in.

I have X-2 on my list for after I wrap up MeiQ and that's also an obnoxious grind.  Filling the entire bestiary and defeating Trema are the major pains in the butt, but at least that will be easier than trying to get the Muramasa Rebirth 100%.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

Yeah, once you get to farming levels via Don Tonberry it goes quick.  The longer part is getting access to all the unique arena monsters and farming the special spheres from them to fill in the blank spots.  The only really pain in the butt part is when you get to getting luck as high as you can because you have to farm two monsters for each spot to open and both the monsters are very tedious battles.  I ended up saying screw it and filled the rest in with easier stuff just to get the trophy out of the way.  The bigger pain is the minigames since those are luck based.  If you go for the easy route of using Zanmoto to beat Penance you don't have to worry about max stats so much but getting high stats definitely makes the sphere grid grind easier since those battles get easier as you get more filled in.

I have X-2 on my list for after I wrap up MeiQ and that's also an obnoxious grind.  Filling the entire bestiary and defeating Trema are the major pains in the butt, but at least that will be easier than trying to get the Muramasa Rebirth 100%.

I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it went, especially after I had gotten the first character done - I was the same with the luck spheres, the earth eater monster wasn't too bad to farm but the greater sphere was the most annoying.  I ended up getting up to 80 luck on each character and then using magic defense spheres as I had loads from farming One Eye, all the other stats were 255 and I'm thankful that 80 luck seemed to be enough to be able to hit the dark aeons consistently.

The minigames are definitely the worst though, I actually put the game down for the longest time because of the Chocobo ones and when I decided to pick the game up again, I went for those first just to get them out of the way.  I'm very glad that there was no trophy for doing that butterfly minigame, and as I don't really use Kimahri very much, it wasn't really a concern to get his celestial weapon fully powered up.

I'm still very much undecided whether to go for X-2, I remember playing the first couple of missions back on the PS2 and never really sticking with it.  I definitely feel you though on MeiQ, that grind to 30,000 kills and getting Estra's proficiency to maximum was so annoying - I still think I like it just a fraction better than Omega Quintet though.

Finally gritted my teeth and did the last Pantheon in Hollow Knight and got the plat a few days ago... felt soooo good.

Wanted something a bit more chill so decided to start Psychonauts. Never played it but have heard some praises sang its way. Seems pretty fun and I wan a continue it but the latest Borderlands 3 DLC came out and took my attention from it. Gonna get that 100% back and continue my dive into minds!

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly it went, especially after I had gotten the first character done - I was the same with the luck spheres, the earth eater monster wasn't too bad to farm but the greater sphere was the most annoying.  I ended up getting up to 80 luck on each character and then using magic defense spheres as I had loads from farming One Eye, all the other stats were 255 and I'm thankful that 80 luck seemed to be enough to be able to hit the dark aeons consistently.

The minigames are definitely the worst though, I actually put the game down for the longest time because of the Chocobo ones and when I decided to pick the game up again, I went for those first just to get them out of the way.  I'm very glad that there was no trophy for doing that butterfly minigame, and as I don't really use Kimahri very much, it wasn't really a concern to get his celestial weapon fully powered up.

I'm still very much undecided whether to go for X-2, I remember playing the first couple of missions back on the PS2 and never really sticking with it.  I definitely feel you though on MeiQ, that grind to 30,000 kills and getting Estra's proficiency to maximum was so annoying - I still think I like it just a fraction better than Omega Quintet though.

That is exactly what I did, stopped after a bit on luck spheres and just used magic defense to fill the rest.  Had no trouble with the Dark Aeons and farmed a ton of money to throw away for Penance.  The Chocobo minigames were both terrible and I put the game down for a long time with just beating Penance and the Remiem Temple chocobo minigame left, but eventually picked it up and got my plat.

I'd honestly advise against going for X-2's plat if you didn't really seem to like the game.  There are definitely some annoying trophies in it and that's why I put the game down for now, and I actually liked the story.  I'm one of those rare weirdos who likes X-2 better than X.  Thankfully X-2's trophy set doesn't require maxing out all dress spheres with every character or obtaining every garment grid, but getting 100% completion on the story is going to take some grinding and if it's not a game you liked much, better to not start it to begin with.

And yeah, MeiQ is definitely a grind and I don't have a PS TV, so no turbo controller option for me like I had with Omega Quintet.  I'm on my second playthrough of MeiQ now and just hit 5k kills.  No one is at level 99 yet, no forms maxed out, no guardians maxed out.  Definitely have a long way to go on this grind.  All the free time at work is definitely helping me make good progress though.

I got Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 3 and Black Mirror last week using the PS Now trial. Then I moved on to Horizon: Zero Dawn (had it on my shelf for three years) and finally played and finished it (I didn't do the DLC though).

I'm currently playing Lollipop Chainsaw. Bought it five years ago and barely touched it. I just have a few trophies left and I'm done with it :)

• Like 1

Work has been so slow today that I got bored and moved the TV and played PS4.  Like seriously, I've been here 6 hours and taken two calls.

And now I have the Word Wheel by POWGI PS4 plat.  Probably will start One Word by POWGI PS4 before my shift ends, but doubt I'll have the plat before I'm off work.

Edit: Actually did finish One Word by POWGI before my shift ended.

Edited by ladynadiad

No work for me during all this...

I finished up Far Cry 4 last night and am aiming to finish 428 Shibuya Scramble today. I'm also planning on working on Overcooked 2 DLC, Life is Strange, and some other indies/vns. I'm hoping my Gamestop stays open through tomorrow so I can pick up my Persona 5 Royal preorder.