ain_sr

What an amazing game! Sad it's so underrated, please play this.

22 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, ain_sr said:

Also it's highly unfortunate how things ended between Sony and Quantic Dream can't wait for their next project.

I think it is the best thing for them, more audience = more money for them and then more games for us! I think I read somewhere that they are trying to make multiple games at a time which is amazing. I pre ordered the game and people were skeptical, but it is insanely good. Your 6 reasons to play are perfect for people who want to enjoy a top tier game haha

I’d still rather watch a movie. After the first time playing I had no desire to go back.

I I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Detroit: Become Human. I enjoyed it so much I couldn't stop playing it and platted it 😄

It was an Absolute blast and I definitely agree with all your points 👌🏻

Its average score is still to generous imo. 

I also enjoyed this game a lot. I was curious about different outcomes and reactions so I platted it. Is this game really underrated though? When it released and when we got it for free on PS+, people were very hyped.

I absoloutely loved Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls and I will definitely play this one <3

2 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I’d still rather watch a movie. After the first time playing I had no desire to go back.

Movies these days are so boring and long.

I thought the game did pretty well a game with so little action is not going to be popular with everybody.

I really enjoyed Beyond:Two Souls and Heavy Rain, so i'm looking forward to getting around to play it. I would have been playing it sooner, but after Quantic Dream got pulled up over toxic, racist and sexist culture in their workplace it kinda left a sour taste in my mouth. I'll definitely go back to it now that it looks like QD are getting their house in order though :).

Posted (edited)

I feel bad for missing it out on PS Plus. I'm thinking of buying it in the near future.

Edited by Dark Prince

Posted (edited)

The game is very flawed. 

I'll give one example my mind always jumps to (SPOILERS). 

Spoiler

Cage makes you play as Kara who is trying to run from the cops. Then he makes you play as Connor who is trying to catcth androids like Kara. Then you're trying to catch Kara and this is where everything breaks. You as a player already care for Kara and want her to run away, but Connor doesn't. You disassociate yourself from the character. Some players will even stop to let Connor fail. There is no reason for him to do this as he has never seen her before, but you did.

This is a big game direction mistake and it ruins the immersion completely. I don't understand why anyone would say this is good.

I'm not even talking about how Cage brought up a serious topic with the story and didn't say anything interesting or new. 

Edited by Alderriz

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Alderriz said:

The game is very flawed. 

Reveal hidden contents

Cage makes you play as Kara who is trying to run from the cops. Then he makes you play as Connor who is trying to catcth androids like Kara. Then you're trying to catch Kara and this is where everything breaks. You as a player already care for Kara and want her to run away, but Connor doesn't. You disassociate yourself from the character. Some players will even stop to let Connor fail. There is no reason for him to do this as he has never seen her before, but you did.

This is a big game direction mistake and it ruins the immersion completely. I don't understand why anyone would say this is good.

I'm not even talking about how Cage brought up a serious topic with the story and didn't say anything interesting or new. 

I believe he wanted the players to get conflicted, we can either act on our own emotions and info made available to us, or we can play as how the character would have actually acted in that situation. Unlike the movies where sometimes a character acts illogically and you scream at your screen, here you can actually act and take the story in a new direction. I believe this reason alone makes this game great for me. It made me feel conflicted with my decisions and emotions like no other game has till now.

That's how feel about it, but everybody has different taste and I appreciate that. Hope you may enjoy their next project! 

Edited by ain_sr

18 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

I also enjoyed this game a lot. I was curious about different outcomes and reactions so I platted it. Is this game really underrated though? When it released and when we got it for free on PS+, people were very hyped.

I feel it is, because before for PS4 the most games people talked about are GoW, Spider-man,UC4 and even Horizon. 

15 hours ago, Alderriz said:

The game is very flawed. 

Reveal hidden contents

I thought the ability to give dialogue options to both characters in a 1 vs 1 only conversation was a very clever idea.

As a huge fan of Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls, I was thoroughly disappointed in Detroit. It was so generic, by the books. No plot twists, no deeper insight. You could guess the entire game from the trailer and it played out exactly as you'd expect, down to the cliches. It was a slog to get the plat. 

Bonus points for some excellent fight choreography, but Cage peaked in the PS3 era.

This game is great just like heavy rain and beyond 2 souls end of story.

[spoilers]

the only thing that ruined the experience for me was Alice .If she remained human until the end of story it would've been much more dramatic .

Couldn't agree more. While I haven't played Heavy Rain, I found Beyond Two Souls dull, especially when going for the infamous all ending trophy. However, it's not the case for Detroit Become Human. This game was sooooo engaging throughout, even though I had to play some parts multiple times. Further, this game definitely has set a new bar for interactive storytelling. 👍