Mortal Kombat's Servers Shutdown

samuel_hsc

6 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Why would they be cancelling the online of a game that basically just came out? It literally says Mortal Kombat (2011) in their post. MK9 isn't called that, it's just called Mortal Kombat. And it was made in 2011.

what about the playstation game's page ?

there are no warnings about online servers

As of 4:05 AM Central time, the online is available still. The only thing that seems to be offline is when you go to the online part of the game and it says "join room," you will get a message saying the servers are not available. King of the Hill and Ranked tag both work, so use those to get your online trophies!

• Like 3

The guy was right (EMSShotgun something), servers crashed and ranked matches stopped working around 10 hours ago (private matches still worked) and I went to sleep UTTERLY FRUSTRATED because I was in the 9th ranked win, I'd be missing only 1 win to get the plat lol

I've just woke up and boosted the final win! It's totally working now

Guys, do ranked first it's quicker than the 250 or so King of The Hill and are more prone to be unachievable earlier

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

If you have 2 copies of the game and 2 PS3s, is there a way to solo boost it or is it not that easy?

yep that is totally doable :)

edit: Unless one copy of the game for instance is the komplete edition and the other one is the regular game

Edited by Jasko_SOA
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jasko_SOA said:

yep that is totally doable :)

edit: Unless one copy of the game for instance is the komplete edition and the other one is the regular game

I have the regular disk version and boosted with a friend that has the Komplete digital version, whats the matter on both being different?

2 hours ago, evs_castro said:

I have the regular disk version and boosted with a friend that has the Komplete digital version, whats the matter on both being different?

Back in 2011 this was not possible if I remember correctly. Maybe the server migration or something else changed that

31 minutes ago, SkepticW_ said:

Btw for anyone with only 1 PS3/1 copy of the game and a good enough internet, the game is available on Playstation Now so you can self-boost all the online trophies by streaming the game on a PS4 or a PC.

Yeah I did that with 2 ps4s lol, I don't own on ps3 yet, I didn't have any problems it worked great on both consoles.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Back in 2011 this was not possible if I remember correctly. Maybe the server migration or something else changed that

It's nothing to do with different editions of the game. The person who has vanilla MK9 disc just needs to install the 4 different compatibility packs off the PSN store to matchmake with complete edition users.

36 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

It's nothing to do with different editions of the game. The person who has vanilla MK9 disc just needs to install the 4 different compatibility packs off the PSN store to matchmake with complete edition users.

For self boosting, will I need those compatibility packs?

Updated 1 Hour Ago

PlayStation 3 Players:

Due to changes with our network, access to online multiplayer features for Mortal Kombat (2011) on PlayStation 3 will no longer be available. Offline game modes, including the Story mode, will still be accessible.

https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045217953-Mortal-Kombat-2011-Status-Update

Edited by Martain2
  • Like 1