Mortal Kombat's Servers Shutdown

samuel_hsc

22 hours ago, POEman553 said:

If you have 2 copies of the game and 2 PS3s, is there a way to solo boost it or is it not that easy?

When it comes to King of the Hill, the more players are there, the faster you'll be done, as you can give yourselfes more respect points.

As for ranked matches, if both the consoles are connected via Ethernet cable, you'll find your dummy account almost instantly.

Might be a case of the Arkham Origins situation, where the developer says its shut down but it actually is still online? I guess lobbies are all but gone, but seems to me, at least for the time being, the game is still alive. I would act fast though. Im too tired to start right now but im playing as soon as I can get a 2nd copy of KE.

51 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Got to love server shutdown announcements or rumors suddenly sparking a big playerbase to just go and get the online ASAP.

Well no shit, people want their games done, why wouldn't they? Seems like a stupid thing to say.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

Got to love server shutdown announcements or rumors suddenly sparking a big playerbase to just go and get the online ASAP.

I honestly wish it was like that all the time for people. For me for several years, I worked on all the online related trophies I could think of on PS3. I still need to do a few more on PS3 like Syndicate and *gasp* Chronicles of Riddick (maybe on that one).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nitro said:

Well no shit, people want their games done, why wouldn't they? Seems like a stupid thing to say.

Granted I just did this crap with Driveclub.

But.... it generally takes a server shutdown announcement to suddenly get a bunch of people who would otherwise not touch games like this to play the multiplayer. I honestly don't feel sorry for people who wait until the last minute and then realize it's too late. I can't feel sympathy for them.

8 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I honestly wish it was like that all the time for people. For me for several years, I worked on all the online related trophies I could think of on PS3. I still need to do a few more on PS3 like Syndicate and *gasp* Chronicles of Riddick (maybe on that one).

I'm actually pretty aware of your trophy hunting habits since KingSuperOne reviewed you a couple years back.

I have a few unobtainables (GTA V PS3, Uncharted 2 & 3 PS3) but at the end of the day I'm not going to stick my head out for games that I have no interest in actually playing.

A while back I was thinking of getting a PS3 off of eBay or somewhere for very cheap and then self boost Mortal Kombat 2011 on a public multiplayer setting. I guess I can't do that anymore, but the My Kung Fu Is Stronger grind brushed me away from this game anyway.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spaz said:

But.... it generally takes a server shutdown announcement to suddenly get a bunch of people who would otherwise not touch games like this to play the multiplayer. I honestly don't feel sorry for people who wait until the last minute and then realize it's too late. I can't feel sympathy for them.

Well, it's not our fault that WB Games decides that making an announcement of server shutdown is too much of a hassle. I had this game on my mind for some time, but was focused on other games, because of false sense that if they're gonna shut this down, they're gonna tell us.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Well, it's not our fault that WB Games decides that making an announcement of server shutdown is too much of a hassle. I had this game on my mind for some time, but was focused on other games, because of false sense that if they're gonna shut this down, they're gonna tell us.

You can't always trust a big company like WB Games.

At least the online trophies are still obtainable. I think the real issue here is them not giving a crap about this game because it's now considered old.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I'm actually pretty aware of your trophy hunting habits since KingSuperOne reviewed you a couple years back.

I have a few unobtainables (GTA V PS3, Uncharted 2 & 3 PS3) but at the end of the day I'm not going to stick my head out for games that I have no interest in actually playing.

A while back I was thinking of getting a PS3 off of eBay or somewhere for very cheap and then self boost Mortal Kombat 2011 on a public multiplayer setting. I guess I can't do that anymore, but the My Kung Fu Is Stronger grind brushed me away from this game anyway.

You don't need 2 ps3s to self boost it, if you have a ps4 or pc, you can use a PS Now trial and self-boost it, it's what I did

5 minutes ago, Jachroth05 said:

care to elaborate on how to do that?

Load playstation now on ps4 or pc, start free trial, load up mortal kombat 9, search for yourself with your ps3 in ranked, do all ranked trophies, invite yourself to private match, do all king of the hill trophies

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

Load playstation now on ps4 or pc, start free trial, load up mortal kombat 9, search for yourself with your ps3 in ranked, do all ranked trophies, invite yourself to private match, do all king of the hill trophies

Nice, thanks. But it has to be the same account, because, the one i'm trying the trophies doesn't have access to psnow, can i use other account to boost my main one?

1 minute ago, Jachroth05 said:

Nice, thanks. But it has to be the same account, because, the one i'm trying the trophies doesn't have access to psnow, can i use other account to boost my main one?

Doesn't matter which one can access ps now, you just need it running to be able to play against yourself

edit: note that mortal kombat 9 online is region locked, so you need to be playing the same region version on both systems

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1