Mortal Kombat's Servers Shutdown

samuel_hsc

20 minutes ago, royal642award said:

this might be kind of a stupid question, but if the servers do get shutdown will the offline remain unaffected? Will I still be able to get the platinum if I already have all the online trophies? 

Yes, once you have the online trophies done, you can get the platinum in the future after servers are 100% offline.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, royal642award said:

this might be kind of a stupid question, but if the servers do get shutdown will the offline remain unaffected? Will I still be able to get the platinum if I already have all the online trophies? 

yes you can still get the plat 

This is probably addressed already, but I thought I would share..

The guide states that you must have the same version in order to connect with your partner but that is incorrect. I have the standard version and I was able to connect with my partner who has the Komplete Edition. We did KOTH and I helped him get all the ranked trophies.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, pot1414 said:

Yes you will be through your download list.

That's a relief,  I already got all the online stuff and only miss the infamous my kung fu is stronger trophy, alongside the tower and a tiny luck based trophy, it's just that right now I'm not in the mood, but there's no way I'm missing out this plat, eventually.

Aww damn. Just as i was done with job obligations and i had some free time, my PS3 decided to go in "dead" state" yesterday. Didn't connect, not even by God's intervention, i disconnected it from my room, tested on my living room's TV, disconnected from there, reconnected it on my room's TV and it didn't want to give image and then it decided to shut down irregularly. Thank God i buyed a PS3 today. And now, most probably the servers are dead. Will check later but i don't have too much hope right now.

Edited by Vampirehunter145

8 minutes ago, nooitzben said:

Damn servers seem to be down. Can't connect to online. 

Yeah, cannot connect, either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, Says: "the network connection to your system has been lost" this seems to be the end for the online.

1 minute ago, charxsetsuna said:

Is it possible that because this game is so popular that the community can save it? Like they have other games.

How do you think could be possible? because if it is possible, i'm up for it.

10 minutes ago, Jachroth05 said:

Yeah, cannot connect, either via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, Says: "the network connection to your system has been lost" this seems to be the end for the online.

How do you think could be possible? because if it is possible, i'm up for it.

I'm not very tech savvy at all  but I've heard a lot about psnprofiles approved private servers and something about gonespy(I have no idea what that is)

• Like 1

I found this official state on this mkgames support website. Funny how this statement wasn't even made official 

https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045217953-Mortal-Kombat-2011-Status-Update

PlayStation 3 Players:

Due to changes with our network, access to online multiplayer features for Mortal Kombat (2011) on PlayStation 3 will no longer be available. Offline game modes, including the Story mode, will still be accessible.

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Steam Players:

The Message of the Day feature for Mortal Kombat (2011) on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Steam will no longer be available due to these network changes.

If you have any questions about these changes, please contact Customer Support for assistance using the “Ask for Help” link above.

For more information on the Mortal Kombat franchise, including the recently released Mortal Kombat 11, visit www.mortalkombat.com.

1 hour ago, nooitzben said:

I found this official state on this mkgames support website. Funny how this statement wasn't even made official 

https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045217953-Mortal-Kombat-2011-Status-Update

PlayStation 3 Players:

Due to changes with our network, access to online multiplayer features for Mortal Kombat (2011) on PlayStation 3 will no longer be available. Offline game modes, including the Story mode, will still be accessible.

PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Steam Players:

The Message of the Day feature for Mortal Kombat (2011) on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Steam will no longer be available due to these network changes.

If you have any questions about these changes, please contact Customer Support for assistance using the “Ask for Help” link above.

For more information on the Mortal Kombat franchise, including the recently released Mortal Kombat 11, visit www.mortalkombat.com.

Nice:

xEKqbUy.png

---

So gonespy it is then :) (if it works).