Mortal Kombat's Servers Shutdown

samuel_hsc

On 28/03/2020 at 3:57 PM, samuel_hsc said:

I asked them on twitter a couple days ago and they answered me with that standard message from the support page. 

Well, looks like that is a platinum I will never be able to obtain now as I don’t have all the online trophies for the game, just a few of them.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Vergil said:

Wonder how long Injustice is up?? 

Damn, do not scare me... As soon as I will see the servers end down date, I will do the online and then spend rest of my life on all stars... And this... Battle vs everyone trophy challenge sth :D.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Damn, do not scare me... As soon as I will see the servers end down date, I will do the online and then spend rest of my life on all stars... And this... Battle vs everyone trophy challenge sth :D.

If they don't pull a MK again. At least make an announcement about it! 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2020 at 7:52 AM, Brokenboy13 said:

Gah.... This is the reason I hate multiplayer trophies... I have at least 3 games now that I can never complete.

whats unfair on this part is mortal kombat got affected for ps3 while the PC and xbox360 are running normal

Edited by maurjen

16 minutes ago, Tomba25 said:

WHHHHAAAA did they just shut down this abruptly?  There was no notification given?!?! ? ?

The servers closed 2 months ago but for some unknown reason, WB decided to re-announce the server closure a few days ago - even though they already closed them down ages ago.

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The servers closed 2 months ago but for some unknown reason, WB decided to re-announce the server closure a few days ago - even though they already closed them down ages ago.

That is so unethical of them.  Like  I just found  this TODAY because someone brought it up due to it was re-announced a few days ago.  Have game companies do not have any decorum anymore to thier consumers that keeps them alive?!?  That is kinda whack on their part  announcing the shutdown after it was done 2 months ago.... Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?  That is legitimately RETARDED. ?

5 hours ago, maurjen said:

whats unfair on this part is mortal kombat got affected for ps3 while the PC and xbox360 are running normal

wait what?!  are deactivating servers selective now based on the  server format?!?  

1 hour ago, Tomba25 said:

That is so unethical of them.  Like  I just found  this TODAY because someone brought it up due to it was re-announced a few days ago.  Have game companies do not have any decorum anymore to thier consumers that keeps them alive?!?  That is kinda whack on their part  announcing the shutdown after it was done 2 months ago.... Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?  That is legitimately RETARDED. 1f612.png

wait what?!  are deactivating servers selective now based on the  server format?!?  

Microsoft host the xbox 360 servers, unlike the ps3 version where WB was the host

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tomba25 said:

That is so unethical of them.  Like  I just found  this TODAY because someone brought it up due to it was re-announced a few days ago.  Have game companies do not have any decorum anymore to thier consumers that keeps them alive?!?  That is kinda whack on their part  announcing the shutdown after it was done 2 months ago.... Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?  That is legitimately RETARDED. 1f612.png

They did announced the shutdown a week or so before it happened. Sorry if you just found out mate, but you really can't pin this on them.

• Like 1

I know they didn't announce the shutdown 2 months later, but the message on their website wasn't quite an announcement either. They claimed the servers were already deactivated. The delay of 6 days were due to a logistic issue probably.

Anyway, their message didn't give us any dates and 6 days isn't actually a fair deadline for a lot of people. I think it's reasonable to be pissed off at them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, samuel_hsc said:

I know they didn't announce the shutdown 2 months later, but the message on their website wasn't quite an announcement either. They claimed the servers were already deactivated. The delay of 6 days were due to a logistic issue probably.

Anyway, their message didn't give us any dates and 6 days isn't actually a fair deadline for a lot of people. I think it's reasonable to be pissed off at them.

Praise the Elder Gods for that logistic issue then, because within the first few hours of the shutdown announced I was able to grab the online trophies ? it sucks that it was so sudden though. They could have announced it better. But then again not every company cares...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, samuel_hsc said:

I totally agree, they should have given at least a 30 days heads up before shutting the servers down. But also, it's nice to mention that they kept this servers alive for what, almost 8 years? And back in December when i did the online trophies the servers were running smooth af, had zero problems during the grind for the KOTH points.

Edited by evs_castro

Has anyone tried the gonespy method for this game and had any success to fix these trophies?  I got my online trophies for this game a while ago on my main account years ago but it would still be nice to see if there is some other workaround for the players that still want to plat this game. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2020 at 9:55 AM, royal642award said:

Has anyone tried the gonespy method for this game and had any success to fix these trophies?  I got my online trophies for this game a while ago on my main account years ago but it would still be nice to see if there is some other workaround for the players that still want to plat this game. 

That would be amazing if it were possible.

• Like 2

Thank god I self boosted these a while ago with a second ps3. after the gamespy shutdown I knew that the game even on new servers wouldn't be up for long WB shut down servers in that time span

hopefully gonespy or something can host it in future

Edited by yukonv