Mortal Kombat's Servers Shutdown

samuel_hsc

EDIT (23/03): Disregard this message, I managed to get Ranked matches going with a boosting partner, but it took us a long time to match each time. Private matches are working as normal. Get boosting people!

Servers are gone now. Trying to find a Ranked  or Player match just gives you an infinite 'Looking for rival', and trying to join or create a lobby will give you the message "the servers are unavailable" instantly. Private matches should still be available but I couldn't invite any friend to test it. I'm on an NA disk of the Komplete Edition, if it makes any difference.

What a shame. I think it's permament given the wording of that support page.

Edited by EMShotgun123
I was wrong.

54 minutes ago, EMShotgun123 said:

Servers are gone now. Trying to find a Ranked  or Player match just gives you an infinite 'Looking for rival', and trying to join or create a lobby will give you the message "the servers are unavailable" instantly. Private matches should still be available but I couldn't invite any friend to test it. I'm on an NA disk of the Komplete Edition, if it makes any difference.

What a shame. I think it's permament given the wording of that support page.

Ehm, just matched with others.  This is false.

6 minutes ago, BlackJudas said:

Ehm, just matched with others.  This is false.

Online trophies being unobtained when there should be more people to jump on the game before it dies, is suspicious.

Latest  "win online match" trophy popped few hours ago. And then there's a gap.

7 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Online trophies being unobtained when there should be more people to jump on the game before it dies, is suspicious.

Just popped that trophy with an alt.

12 minutes ago, Varhur said:

i mean you can get that trophy by doing a private king of the hill match and those you can still do. i'm honestly surprised there arent more people trying to finish the online trophies.

Edited by shawn-norris

7 minutes ago, II--KAMAL--II said:

this is MK9

and they are talking about MK11

Why would they be cancelling the online of a game that basically just came out? It literally says Mortal Kombat (2011) in their post. MK9 isn't called that, it's just called Mortal Kombat. And it was made in 2011.

• Like 2