Just wanted to ask, what makes a “good” PSNProfile?

No longer here

One thing stands out in this discussion, and that is that everybody here has a way different standard about what a good profile is, and so at the end of the day, it doesn't even matter cause every viewer will set this differently (and generally to a standard that makes him/herself feel better about their own achievements)

No better proof that the only one who really cares about your profile is you...

Conclusion : like most things in life, it don't mean shit. And then we all die ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, victorrfuego said:

To be specific, what makes a PSNProfile “stand out” in your opinion? Whether it’s the:

- Quality of games

- completion rate

- ultra rare count

- difficulty of games platinumed?

I am only asking this so see what you guys think as trophy hunters :)

For me only matters the number of : -platinums 

-trophies 

-trophy levels. 

And I fully support Ratalaika, Eastasiasoft and Powgi games.

To be honest, I couldn't really give a rat's ass about what makes a good profile. Let people play what they want, however they want to play it.

However, I do know what doesn't make a good profile - and that is being stuck with trophy lists you have no intention of going back to. Some people say that your profile is supposed to be a record of your gaming history, but personally, to hell with that. I look at my profile as an extension of my physical collection, and I sure as hell don't want it to include games that are no longer part of that collection. Being able to hide games is a good start, at least I can look at my true collection and completion rate when I come to the site. Sadly, that is not the case when I look at my profile through the actual consoles. I'm not necessarily advocating for the ability to delete trophies (that might cause more trouble than it's worth), but at least let us hide our trophies from ourselves, Sony.

Edited by Zenpai

Very subjective thread but I'll try add my opinion.

I appreciate accounts with any kinds of completion percentage. Not everyones got the time to complete games constantly and with very limited time people may fancy one game, then when they have more time, start another.

When it comes to quality of the games and it's just plagued with the easy ones I tend to avoid, as long as there is some variety on there then that's all good. I don't mind stacks either as long as it's full length games. People have issues with stacks and I get it but if it's a full length game then it's not like you've just cheesed the leaderboards. I don't mind accounts with some easy games on there because some circumstances may be different. I have games on my account like that but I usually do something like that when I've just completed a long game grind. To get me back into the rhythm. Some people maybe like that as well. Been gone a while so they want to ease themselves into it or maybe they've just finished a 300 hour grind and want something to chill to. 

The other is if people are playing games they actually care about. Too many times I've seen people sit there and complain about a game they are playing and slogging through it just to get the end reward. That's why I always have an alt on hand to play games I'm not sure about so I can keep my main account fun and without ever getting frustrated to the point I'm playing the game because of the shinnies at the end.

The end of the day though in reality no one actually cares about your profile other than yourself so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Play what you want but be humble.

• Like 3

It's quite silly seeing numerous comments talking about  "the profile where you enjoy the games you like", "the profile you like, who cares what anyone else says", etc. The entire point of this topic is finding out precisely what makes a legitimately good profile. Answers like the aforementioned examples are literally irrelevant. This topic explicitly ask what aspects makes a competent profile, not ask for opinions on why profile owners shouldn't care about other people's feelings regarding the quality of their profile. Why ever bother having this type of topic if, apparently, all that matters is "having a profile of games you solely enjoy playing". Needed to be said.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, victorrfuego said:

To be specific, what makes a PSNProfile “stand out” in your opinion? Whether it’s the:

- Quality of games

- completion rate

- ultra rare count

I am only asking this so see what you guys think as trophy hunters :)

A combination there-of.  Completion rate does not mean much without playing good or difficult games.

And absolutely no multi-region stacking of games (Ratalaika).

I believe profiles with stacked plats are silly imo. i get someone might like a game SO MUCH that they want to complete it over and over again, but i see it as ok congrats you completed a challenge/plat you already completed? or even worse if they just auto pop based off the first plat, though i guess fluff matters a lot to some. i dont have any overly difficult games on my profile, and yes i have some rata games but tbh ive actually enjoyed them. i always screen the games i want to play before i do (if they are odd indie games or something i havent heard of) just to see if its a type of gameplay id enjoy, regardless of who made the game.

As far as 100% profiles go, they rarely stay at that percentage since you actually have to start a game to get trophies and when you sync there goes your perfect percentage lol; so is there technically such a thing??

TLDR - to me any profile that has no stacks is great regardless if they are all common games with 95% average completion or ultra rares with 2% average completion

I can see and agree with a lot here...

Except I don't think completion rate should matter. Why? Because not everyone lieks DLC and not every DLC for every game is worth the money. I loved FFXV and enjoyed it, one of my first platinums. I tried the Gladiolus DLC and just hated it. Straighted up disliked, disliked the playstyle and story so I didn't bother buying any other DLC for it.

Completion shouldn't inherently matter, at least not the completion stat shown on PSNP.

10 hours ago, victorrfuego said:

- Quality of games

- completion rate

- ultra rare count

none and all of the above... to paraphrase a previous post: all profiles are perfect...wouldn't it suck if we all had to play the same games at the same time in the same manner just for the sake of being considered "good"?...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hore said:

any profile can be subjectively good :) however, if you want a great profile, you need:

• 500+ plats
  • more URs than plats (esp. unobtainable ones)
  • plat every available stack

:).

and to devalue the trophies you actually struggled with, don’t forget that

:).

10 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

This. I love my account. I think my account is amazing.  

According to this thread my account is crap though... but ask me if I care? Lol. At the end of the day, what you think of your own is all that matters.

How do you add a snapshot of your profile to your comments? 

Everybody has his own journey. Some are UR hunters, some spam every game possible some just like big titles only.

My only main concern would be to not call yourself a "trophy hunter" if your below a certain completion rate. That's why my pick would be get everything 100% possible. (Get above 95% completion rate and your a trophy hunter)

I avoid extreme hardcore games like super meat boy. I like a challange but I got anger issues when I die 1000 of times on something over and over again. So respect for everyone who does these types of games. (Yes I tried super meat boy years ago on steam and even managed to get the golden boy achievement but shit got destroyed around me in the process. Never ever again if you ask me lol)

I like to get as many AAA titles 100% as possible. But I like some trash games as well. No shame to add ratailaka games tbh. I stopped smoking which was an easy €50 every week. So I just like to add some easy stuff here and there. 

8 minutes ago, YaoiGod said:

Here, we see a 3-page example of prime, fresh and juicy.....Elitism.

Who cares if you triple plat Sound Shapes, you know, the game you paid for along with its DLC? Madness

BlindMango, sir, if you see this, please ban these type of threads. It only creates non-constructive conflict.

To quote on this. Opinions are free for everyone no need to ban these type of threads just be respectful. In the end were all doing what we like and that's gaming. I actually have some sort of respect for people 6 stacking 100's of shitty games at once. You need to be mentally strong to bite through those trash everyday :P.

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 1