Someone school me on SSD drives please

Gefro-On-Defro

Hi all, been reading a bit about external ssd drives and the slight increase in loading times and storage. I found this one. Is it any good? Is it worth the price? Do I just plug it into the back of my PS4 with usb, and it’s good to go? I’m not very techy, so all the help is good. Thanks https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-MU-PA1T0B-Portable-SSD-1TB/dp/B07QRQ544G?th=1&psc=1

Samsung makes very good SSD's this 1TB SSD for the price is very good. it has a maximum transfer speed of 540 MB/s which I think is x5.4 times faster than the normal PS4 HDD which means that games, in theory, will load x5.4 times faster than on the HDD (Example 30-second load on HDD will be reduced to 5.5-second load on this SSD) you should be able to plug it in with a USB 3.0 to USB 3.0 cable and download games right on to it after Your PlayStation formats it correctly. Then you'll be able to load games through it on the fly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Phoenixgaming1 said:

Samsung makes very good SSD's this 1TB SSD for the price is very good. it has a maximum transfer speed of 540 MB/s which I think is x5.4 times faster than the normal PS4 HDD which means that games, in theory, will load x5.4 times faster than on the HDD (Example 30-second load on HDD will be reduced to 5.5-second load on this SSD) you should be able to plug it in with a USB 3.0 to USB 3.0 cable and download games right on to it after Your PlayStation formats it correctly. Then you'll be able to load games through it on the fly.

Thanks for the reply! That sounds really good. 

Edited by Gefro-On-Defro
Typo
  • Like 1