Can we talk about how f***ing hard this game is?

jonesey46

On 3/23/2020 at 6:35 AM, AloneBert- said:

That's actually just very good polished mechanic. You need to learn and get it. 

But, the thing is I believe it's much better to play that game on PC. I really like fast-paced FPS but it's very hard to play such shooters with dualshock (I mean in comparison with good mouse and keyboard).

no way in hell its so much harder to play on keyboard and mouse then controller

The main thing in Doom Eternal- the combat- is good. Double jumps and dashes add a lot to it. If there were one thing I'd change, it would be the amount of platforming puzzles. Fewer of them would be nice. At least you don't have enemies in those areas.

Ice Bomb FTW. A Hell Knight is nothing if you give him one and chase it down with a few rockets. Some enemies that seem hard the first time you face them become not that tough after you've gotten some upgrades and new weapons.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2020 at 11:27 AM, Rakinho993 said:

I had a problem on a battle against Khan Maykr. How did you do it? How much extra lifes are there aproximately? Thanks very much for your advice!

I don't know if you're still attempting the extra lives mode, but if you are, hopefully this well help. 

Playing on the easiest mode i finished with about 38 extra lives, having died twice in the game, once fairly early on and the other time against the Icon of Sin, there should be around 40 extra lives therefore, as I collected as much as I could find. 

The Khan Maykr can be easily defeated if you save BFG ammo and your Crucible sword. On my first playthrough i died at least 10-15 times, but on extra life i beat her first time. Basically, use the BFG ammo, if you get a direct hit it should insta-knock her out, if it doesn't use your lock on rocket launcher to knock her out. There is one other BFG ammo in this arena so you do this to her 3 times. After having run out of BFG ammo, use your crucible sword on her, one hit and she is immediately knocked out, so you do this 3 times and you'll beat her. i used the boost pads to get close to her but thinking about it, you may be able to use the super-shotgun grapple to get near her and then switch to your crucible. Doing this you probably won't even have to kill any of her minions. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1