Trophy thoughts?

MegaPhantomThief

Weird that they removed the Compendium and the Confidants, i'm kinda glad they got rid of the quote trophy, it was quite a drag in persona 4, in 5 it wasn't that bad though.

Expected a bit more from the trophy list, but the game will be a good time anyways ♥

Edited by De_Band

I still have to platinum Vanilla Persona 5. I left it at 91% -- I have to do another playthrough and clear out all Mementos requests (I missed one stupid side quest in my trophy clean up run and it was one activated early on in the game through SNS), read all books, make all equipment and 100% the Compendium. I didn't realize it was unlike P4 and that you couldn't simply fuse the Compendium to 100% and you actually had to fight the rare gem personas to get the 100%. I was leaving it to last to simply fuse them all much like I did with P4G but I didn't realize you couldn't fuse the rare type and you actually had to fight and collect them that way. I think the compendium was at 90% the last I checked. So yeah, one day I'll get around to finishing the platinum for that game. 

At least this one seems easier as a whole. I welcome the lack of the video game trophy (I literally had to remote play it on Vita just to get that trophy). Also, double stack? PSN Profiles error or does EU and US have separate trophies?

On the one hand, I welcome the lack of complete compendium trophy. Wasn't exactly my favorite thing to do in P4G and likewise in P5...moreso the headache of fusing and making sure you had the right recipes. I've platinumed P4G twice and yeah, it really wasn't my favorite part of that game.

But in some ways, I do miss the "Max out all Social Links" trophy.

Edited by danmann861
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TripleKing333 said:

The Reaper trophy will be the most difficult.  The exploit from the original game will likely have been patched this time around.

That was considered an exploit?! Haha! 

I thought it was intentional, a way for them to make you think of how to use the weather to your advantage.

8 hours ago, TripleKing333 said:

The Reaper trophy will be the most difficult.  The exploit from the original game will likely have been patched this time around.

The flu thing? Doubt they would take it out. It was in past games as well as being an actual mechanic not an exploit.

Its also not hard to beat it just by levelling up if you're really worried about it ?

Edited by Upendo_Vitani

5 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

Seems like there's a decent amount of new content. Persona 5 is such a long game though and I'm not sure if I want to go through it again. It was fun for the first 50 hours then it felt like they were dragging it out for another 50. 

Edited by Killbomb

2 hours ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

The flu thing? Doubt they would take it out. It was in past games as well as being an actual mechanic not an exploit.

Its also not hard to beat it just by levelling up if you're really worried about it 1f642.png

I watched a video about everything that's changed in P5R and one of the points was "The Reaper cheese is removed" so it's most likely referring to the flu thing

Here's the video if you want to check out although I prefer not to watch to go all blind

• Like 1

It's a shame that this version's plat is waaaay easier than the vanilla P5.

I mean P5's plat wasn't even hard at all but at least you had to put some effort Into it to get it and it felt rewarding

This one's list is like a new Ratalaika Game

I can understand getting rid of some stupid trophies (namely Futaba's although I got it without even trying xD)

But there's no point in removing the trophies for the 100% conpandium and max confidants

You'll mostly just have to finish the game and clean up like 4-5 trophies and DING the plat is yours without even trying

much easier than the P5 platinum for sure - entire persona compendium not required? no max confidants? no video games!!! no home run required!

the reaper trophy sounds easy enough. my end game persona in p5 were two shotting the reaper without the flu season being on. 

also they removed the beat the twins trophy, which was actually perhaps one of the hardest fights in the game. 

honestly not a fan of the list, as others in this thread have noted, would have rather a harder list which would have actually felt like an accomplishment - like getting all personas and maxing all confidants that actually required you making sure a lot of shit was in order from day 1. 

Edited by solomonluthor

22 hours ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

Its also not hard to beat it just by levelling up if you're really worried about it ?

I've said this earlier, but the flu "exploit" doesn't work in Royal anymore, at least not in the JP version. But as you said, it's not a hard fight.

• Like 1