Game crashing post-patch

neurophoniste

Just to let you know that the game can still crash even after the latest patch installed...

It happened to me on wave 34 on Topless Mountain, took me at least 6 hours to get there... Thankfully  I unlocked all 3 three stars trophies beforehand.

Btw try to make backups of your save whenever you can.

Anyway, does anyone else think that the AI is retarded since latest patch ? My employees tend to take A LOT more time to understand by themselves that they have to go to a specific room. They definitely didn't act like that before the patch... That makes the game consistantly harder and longer to platinum because you always have to take care of what each of your employees is doing or not doing (especially on Topless Mountain...)

Edited by neurophoniste

I made the habit since day 1 to save my data to a USB after every play session, I've never had a game crash or anything but better safe than sorry. Also a general comment, the game is good on the surface but it has many exploits or ways to cheese the system that makes it a little too easy/ repetitive at times 

On 23/3/2020 at 7:37 PM, neurophoniste said:

Just to let you know that the game can still crash even after the latest patch installed...

It happened to me on wave 34 on Topless Mountain, took me at least 6 hours to get there... Thankfully  I unlocked all 3 three stars trophies beforehand.

Btw try to make backups of your save whenever you can.

Anyway, does anyone else think that the AI is retarded since latest patch ? My employees tend to take A LOT more time to understand by themselves that they have to go to a specific room. They definitely didn't act like that before the patch... That makes the game consistantly harder and longer to platinum because you always have to take care of what each of your employees is doing or not doing (especially on Topless Mountain...)

Yes, I experimented many crashes when switching from hospitals, luckily with no save corruption (anyway I keep a cloud backup, you never know).

And also yes, AI is gone full retard with this patch as employees are unreasonably slow in looking for a workplace (too often I have uncovered places in GPs and doctors able to only work there doing exactly nothing) forcing player to drag & drop many times just to not lose the whole level.

Is great they fixed interface distance zoom and employees number but these new issues are not a welcome add.

5 hours ago, DiegoMolinams said:

I made the habit since day 1 to save my data to a USB after every play session, I've never had a game crash or anything but better safe than sorry. Also a general comment, the game is good on the surface but it has many exploits or ways to cheese the system that makes it a little too easy/ repetitive at times 

I only know the research trick (but that is really long and boring one to do in big hospitals as every ingame month you'll need to repeat the trick many times to just not die in a bad designed hospital, not a good one in the end), are there others?

Edited by gafpiratehook

I'm playing this on a Pro and seems to me the games on Pro have memory leaks. Game starts to freeze up and you know that's the sign of an incoming crash. As far as tricks the ones I use are the gold star spam and setting all my treatments to 50%. This has worked for me all the way to the last hospital but having a hard time on wave 11.

On 27/3/2020 at 7:56 AM, gafpiratehook said:

Yes, I experimented many crashes when switching from hospitals, luckily with no save corruption (anyway I keep a cloud backup, you never know).

And also yes, AI is gone full retard with this patch as employees are unreasonably slow in looking for a workplace (too often I have uncovered places in GPs and doctors able to only work there doing exactly nothing) forcing player to drag & drop many times just to not lose the whole level.

Is great they fixed interface distance zoom and employees number but these new issues are not a welcome add.

I only know the research trick (but that is really long and boring one to do in big hospitals as every ingame month you'll need to repeat the trick many times to just not die in a bad designed hospital, not a good one in the end), are there others?

I just set everything to the maximum amount of money I can charge, your reputation will crash fast but you can gain it back with a 12-month big reputation campaign, after that you will never lose reputation again. After a year or so you will have money to do basically whatever you want and you can cheese the game in many ways. Always do the longest objectives first and then let's say you need to increase staff morale, just put all the salaries to the max and boom, 100%morale. Same goes for cure rate, when that one is your last objective, reduce the prices to normal again that way you make sure everyone pays (refuse to pay counts as not cured) and make a marketing campaign with an easy disease to cure like pharmacy or injection room and boom, you cure rate will achieve 90% in a couple of months, and with so much money to spare you don't even have to worry at all. 

Other things that I don't like about the game are entertainment, for example, if its someone's turn and they are playing the arcade they will continue playing until they finish the game, thus making the queue times even longer, so now I don't even bother with that. 

• Like 1

On 29/3/2020 at 3:53 PM, DiegoMolinams said:

I just set everything to the maximum amount of money I can charge, your reputation will crash fast but you can gain it back with a 12-month big reputation campaign, after that you will never lose reputation again. After a year or so you will have money to do basically whatever you want and you can cheese the game in many ways. Always do the longest objectives first and then let's say you need to increase staff morale, just put all the salaries to the max and boom, 100%morale. Same goes for cure rate, when that one is your last objective, reduce the prices to normal again that way you make sure everyone pays (refuse to pay counts as not cured) and make a marketing campaign with an easy disease to cure like pharmacy or injection room and boom, you cure rate will achieve 90% in a couple of months, and with so much money to spare you don't even have to worry at all. 

Other things that I don't like about the game are entertainment, for example, if its someone's turn and they are playing the arcade they will continue playing until they finish the game, thus making the queue times even longer, so now I don't even bother with that. 

Can marketing campaign rise price reputation too? If so it's good to rise prices as you say, else refused fees will be too much even with a great overall reputation.

Advanced issues found

32 minutes ago, gafpiratehook said:

Can marketing campaign rise price reputation too? If so it's good to rise prices as you say, else refused fees will be too much even with a great overall reputation.

Every time they pay too much their happiness will be affected negatively until it's so much that they decide not to pay, to avoid these I would suggest keeping your GP Office at -80% of the price and the rest of diagnosis room at 0%, that will help with not decreasing the patient's happiness too much before treatment (Keep treatment rooms at max). Even without doing that extra step the number of people that still pay and the money you get is ridiculous, just put everything back to normal when you need to make sure everybody pays to increase your cure rate. 

Edit: Also, I don't know if it is a glitch or if it's just super effective, but after a 12-month big reputation campaign it will basically never decrease again 

Edited by DiegoMolinams

On 27-3-2020 at 1:45 AM, DiegoMolinams said:

I had a save on the cloud but wasn’t able to transfer it back to the game. The game deleted the save and there’s no way to transfer a save back into the game, or does anyone know of a way? I googled it and I found that it’s only possible on PC, Xbox has the same problem as PS4. No way to upload an older save. 

On 7/4/2020 at 7:29 PM, Fanatixa1 said:

I had a save on the cloud but wasn’t able to transfer it back to the game. The game deleted the save and there’s no way to transfer a save back into the game, or does anyone know of a way? I googled it and I found that it’s only possible on PC, Xbox has the same problem as PS4. No way to upload an older save. 

No idea, I'm uploading my save to a USB stick and fortunately I've never had a game crash and I'm only 3 hospitals away from finishing the game. I have the very first version of the PS4 maybe that's why I haven't had any crashes, but idk maybe I just jinxed everything and next time I play my ps4 will explode 

On 8/4/2020 at 1:29 AM, Fanatixa1 said:

Can you write the error you got while trying to copy save from cloud? Seems really strange...

On 12-4-2020 at 11:08 PM, DiegoMolinams said:

No idea, I'm uploading my save to a USB stick and fortunately I've never had a game crash and I'm only 3 hospitals away from finishing the game. I have the very first version of the PS4 maybe that's why I haven't had any crashes, but idk maybe I just jinxed everything and next time I play my ps4 will explode 

I hope you don’t have this problem although it seems linked to the update. The game started crashing more when I updated the game. 

On 13-4-2020 at 10:56 AM, gafpiratehook said:

Can you write the error you got while trying to copy save from cloud? Seems really strange...

I don’t get an error, the problem is that the game deleted my save from the game and it doesn’t let me import my online save into the game. I can’t see any option to do that. I wrote two point about it of social media, so I hope the have a solution. They did write they’re working on an update to fix the bugs, but let’s see. 

17 hours ago, Fanatixa1 said:

I hope you don’t have this problem although it seems linked to the update. The game started crashing more when I updated the game. 

I don’t get an error, the problem is that the game deleted my save from the game and it doesn’t let me import my online save into the game. I can’t see any option to do that. I wrote two point about it of social media, so I hope the have a solution. They did write they’re working on an update to fix the bugs, but let’s see. 

Maybe I'm telling the obvious but did you try to download save file from PS4 options like this: 

Because there isn't an option to download from cloud in game.

Edited by gafpiratehook

7 hours ago, gafpiratehook said:

Maybe I'm telling the obvious but did you try to download save file from PS4 options like this: 

Because there isn't an option to download from cloud in game.

Yeah I downloaded it like that, but in the game I don't see the save. So it's like I need to import it somehow into the game, but there's no option for that. So I don't know. Thanks anyway for thinking of a solution :) 

4 hours ago, Fanatixa1 said:

Yeah I downloaded it like that, but in the game I don't see the save. So it's like I need to import it somehow into the game, but there's no option for that. So I don't know. Thanks anyway for thinking of a solution :) 

Try deleting and reinstalling game in 1.00 version than download savefile, if not working try again patching game to latest patch than download save file.

29 minutes ago, gafpiratehook said:

Sorry to hear that man, I have nothing more to suggest :(

no worries, thanks for helping out anyway. I think I’ll delete the update and I’ll try another round. I remember the game crashing less without the update. 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...