NYM Hardcore: The Help and Tips Page

MiloFPS

Don't think tips make sense for NYMH, the reason being it will first unlock after playing the game once at least once. 
Before that, you need to beat the game on other difficulties, by that time you must have to know when enemies spawn and what is the best strategy to follow it. 

it all depends on you. For me, it took me 13+ tries. 3 of them due to PS3 freeze 

hmmm what helped me is training on NYM difficulty

good luck dreamers  

• Like 1

Yeah I had to unlock it again because I overwrote my save not realising I had to install the DLC again , not to mention getting used to free aim and I’ve been using soft lock all this time , the only part I’m worried about is the end of the game where I have to shoot Becker’s grenades, still not 100% sure what to do, either kill the enemies in time or shoot a few grenades in the air to trigger it 

Edited by amurnin100

20 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

Yeah I had to unlock it again because I overwrote my save not realising I had to install the DLC again , not to mention getting used to free aim and I’ve been using soft lock all this time , the only part I’m worried about is the end of the game where I have to shoot Becker’s grenades, still not 100% sure what to do, either kill the enemies in time or shoot a few grenades in the air to trigger it 

Just remember that every time new back up arrives for Becker he will shoot a grenade. Watch some play throughs online, even speed runners to get an understanding of the best tactics for this section. One you get to grips with it it’s not as difficult as you first think. All about strategy. Good luck ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mole17 said:

Just remember that every time new back up arrives for Becker he will shoot a grenade. Watch some play throughs online, even speed runners to get an understanding of the best tactics for this section. One you get to grips with it it’s not as difficult as you first think. All about strategy. Good luck 1f44d-1f3fd.png

Thank you mate :)

• Like 1

Hey guys, I've got a little different question about New York Minute Hardcore. Hope it's ok to post it here rather than open a new thread.^^'

I just wanted to ask if both NYM and NYMH can be done offline or not. The reason why I ask this is the challenge mode. Even after that mode is unlocked it still is impossible to be done offline. So now I'm worried that NYM and NYMH have the same requirements. I'd really like to know that. Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Ivotas said:

Hey guys, I've got a little different question about New York Minute Hardcore. Hope it's ok to post it here rather than open a new thread.^^'

I just wanted to ask if both NYM and NYMH can be done offline or not. The reason why I ask this is the challenge mode. Even after that mode is unlocked it still is impossible to be done offline. So now I'm worried that NYM and NYMH have the same requirements. I'd really like to know that. Thanks in advance.

Don't worry they are offline. But you still want to do NYMHC while you are familiar with the game and levels rather than leave it for months later cause it will be harder then. Goodluck 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ivotas said:

People have confirmed that only Challenge Mode requires online. NYM and NYMHC can be done offline.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ivotas said:

don't worry they can both be done completely offline

• Like 1

as people are asking for crashfixes or issues or other help, i used this speedrun for a playthrough. it took me 3 tries, the first two of it ended cause of glitches. check out the video and i will post the timesttamps with the occuring glitches and usual glitches in here. hope it helps some of you out!

In my experience, the PS3 version is a lot glitchier. Many runs ended due to the game glitching out, sometimes killing Max outright.

Glitches in this run:

43:20 -- Melee doesn't register

46:15 -- False kill cam

1:15:50 -- Killer glitch avoided. If you pass through the doors before Max says "I was getting nowhere fast.", the next area will not load correctly, resulting in either: 1) Max immediately dying when you regain control of him on the chain 2) Max dying by falling through the floor on the other side of this door, sometimes before the cutscene 3) the catwalk area not loading correctly, resulting in Max being stuck at the windowed room.

1:21:25 -- Another loading failure can happen if you move too fast through this part, leaving you unable to open the door at the back of the drug lab.

1:42:10 -- The clock doesn't stop for the melee animation

1:43:10 -- One of the UFE goons begins shooting at me through the door of the opposing building, leaving me unable to hit him back.

1:43:50 -- The helicopter fires TWO rockets at me. Some players have been killed after thinking they were safe after shooting the one they could see.

1:54:05 -- Max freezes in the middle of his melee animation, allowing the CP guy to melee me instead.

2:22:10 -- I get no time for killing the CP guy with the propane tank (should have earned 10 seconds)

• Like 1

The only 2 tips I can give you are:

- accumulate time in the first half of the game so you play slower later

- don't try to replicate another player because that won't be your way of playing. Find your way like I did, otherwise you will throw your gamepad out of the window

2 hours ago, Rakanthukair1010 said:

Don't worry they are offline. But you still want to do NYMHC while you are familiar with the game and levels rather than leave it for months later cause it will be harder then. Goodluck 

2 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

People have confirmed that only Challenge Mode requires online. NYM and NYMHC can be done offline.

1 hour ago, HondaHoe said:

don't worry they can both be done completely offline

Thanks very much for the replies everyone. Glad to hear it's offline. And don't worry Rakanthukair1010, I do want to do it while I am familiar with the game. But knowing me this will definitely take much much longer for me than the server closure deadline will allow. Like MUCH longer. ^^'

Tbh all hard games i play i watch a speed runner for it they know everything about anything where enemies respown what to do now etc… believe it’s gonna help  throug any game that us frustrating as max payne 3 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Ellieeeeeaeeeeee said:

Just curious after watching speedrun and no damage run on youtube, does anyone tried playing with keyboard/mouse combo using eagle eye or xim4 adapter? If so, how was it compare to play it with the controller?

Well you are comparing playing on a controller vs playing on a mouse/keyboard..obviously when it comes to shooters mouse/keyboard is 100x more accurate when it comes to aiming. Even a non PC gamer who have no experience playing shooters on PC like me can easily headshot 99% of all enemies with mouse/keyboard. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, U_mad_bro7778 said:

Well you are comparing playing on a controller vs playing on a mouse/keyboard..obviously when it comes to shooters mouse/keyboard is 100x more accurate when it comes to aiming. Even a non PC gamer who have no experience playing shooters on PC like me can easily headshot 99% of all enemies with mouse/keyboard. 

Good to know, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...