A few tips for newbie "perverts" like me who can't understand shit about this game

cris3f

If you haven't played any games like this one, this is one hell of a mess to understand what you're supposed to do. The trophy guide explains trophies not how you play or at least progress.

Several things related to trophies and the game are locked at the beginning, as you'll play and advance areas they'll be unlocked.So if you can't understand or see what I'm talking, it's probably because you don't have that yet.

Now that I finished it I'll add a few things that will probably help too. I'll mark them as after finishing story mode so that you know.

Remember they sell stuff in the PSN store, so the grinding is awful, as they want you to buy that crap (seal stones, card packs)

I've made a different post which contain spoilers telling how to beat easily the last battle. Since that will ruin the only thing that will be more interesting in the game you can avoid reading it.

Try to play online first and finish all the trophies there. All that is required is that one of the players forfeits the game, which is a breeze with 2 Vitas (or a Vita and a Vita TV). You'll get tons of gold and Rub P which you need so this is very important.

When you play online as your start you'll have the chance to choose a ring or double Rub P. Always choose a ring, if possible. When you collect the 6 different ones at game end, you'll be given a choice of a rare card pack, a seal stone or RubP. Choose the rare card pack (a mixed bag, most cards you'll get from these "rare packs" are crap as you already have them from normal ones but you need the rare ones you get anyway) or the seal stone which you'll need to be able to rub some cards (stupidly you can't know which seal stones you need, so you need to take note of that before,I usually needed yellow or red but beats me if they're the more needed ones for everyone).

After finishing story mode

I needed to win 150 online games to get gold. Towards the end you'll need gold to buy card packs, for the 500 cards trophy. Fastest way is this one, as each match will yield 6000 gold ad take a few secs, so count on playing more than needed for the trophies. You'll never get out of Rub P.

Cards and its trophies

As you progress you and finish a area you'll get access to buying card decks related to that area. First area is Kunaguva and you'll be able to buy at the shop Fertile card packs. You can buy card packs with 1 or 3 cards, buy the 3 ones. Hoping that you have loads of money buy at least 10 packs of 3 cards. As you open them, some will sparkle, why I still have't figured out (hope a expert can shed some light). EDIT I think the cards that sparkle are ones you did not have, but that is repeated if you get multiple times the same card(s) while opening more packs. Nope not this after all.

After you open them all (a PITA like many things in this game), and when you have access to the "Card Gym" enter it. Scroll down and check the "Gallery". In here you can check which cards you have unlocked.

Find a Monster Monpiece card list. There's a good one on another thread here thanks to @ShadowRecon10. Also check this one:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/monster-monpiece/Card_List

because it lists the censored cards which is useful. There's plenty of lists to choose, google for them, so just pick one you like. Censored cards do appear on the gallery list.

On the Fertile packs you can get 10 different cards (106, 253, etc). You should have at least 3 of each one in stock. You can check this on "First Crush Rub", then choose stock at bottom right. For each card in the group you're dealing you should have at least 3 (stock is indicated in bottom middle for the card you choose) and you should rub 2 (quantity is what you can select in the middle bottom of the screen when you'll start rubbing), which will generate if successful the card numbered next to the one you chose (107 for instance). Rubbing is easy after you do the first few times (probably not a game to play in public... ??). When you're successful you can see the new card(s) number in the final screen. Now when you return to the list you'll have the original card and the new one with 2 in stock. Just do the same to 1 card from the newly created one. If successful you'll get in the end the card numbered +2 from the original one (108 if you started on the 106 for instance, you generated two 107's before).

The second card (the +2 one) will not show up in the "First Crush Rub" list most probably because you can't rub it to get any new cards.

There's no point in rubbing more than 6 cards from the base one as you can only use 3 equal cards on a deck (unless you have intentions to have more than 1). Rub 6 first go the the second level, then 3 from the 2nd level to get the third. You just need one to get it listed in the gallery and hopefully count for the 500 trophy.

Do this to all cards belonging to each pack. If you have less than 3 in stock, buy more card packs from the shop for the group you want until you have all that you need.

On the Card Gym menu, you can scroll down and choose "Gallery". Here is where you can check which cards you already have and your progress towards the 500 needed for the "Compulsive Card Collector" trophy. You should have the 3 consecutive cards for each of the 10 cards for each of the packs.

It's very important that you have the gallery list "By Stats", so you must have in the right corner the button "By Character". If you don't you can't see the + 1 or + 2 characters (stupid but it's how it is, was driving me insane). Thanks to @Han_the_Dragon for pointing this out.

Some cards won't appear as they're censored (that's why the IGN list is useful). First one is 462, which was generated from 460 and I wasn't figuring what I did wrong as it was missing in the gallery. Wrong, they do appear.

After finishing story mode

There's roughly 120 different cards you can get from the card packs up to the Si Ku Ork series (Necropolies). With rubbing you'll get 360, so there's still a long way to the 500 needed ??. Be careful Gods of Ouruboros has 4 different packs that can be bought. I bought 5 or 10 packs of the biggest ones available each time. Some cards have dismal dropping rates.

After you finish the main game you'll still have a ton of cards to reach the 500. Many cards are locked and you can't rub without using seal stones. You can buy them online (real money) or get them from online games. Either way avoid rubbing these unless you really want the next iteration of the card. If the first iteration needs a seal stone, the next one will need another...

The best card pack to buy at the end is the Clear Bonus one as it can yield a lot of unique cards. However I bought 10 (30 cards) and got 1 new, when I still was missing around 25 from the possible ones, so most of what you'll get is repeated crap ??????

1st Crush Rub

This seems confusing as hell, but it's easy in the end. Just tap around the screen while the Vita is sideways. When you touch a point where you get yellow stars or hearts,keep tapping it until you hear a chime. Don't wander around until you hear the chime, from his point on touching the same place will not make any progress. The point to place are obvious (duh...). Then look for a new area. If the "Extreme love" screen shows up along the way just rub with fingers in front and back of the Vita, mostly around the area you were taping. Probably not what is necessary or totally supposed to, but works so I don't give a damn and just do this.

Some advanced cards will need seal stones to be rubbed. You'll lose the seal stone if the rub is not successful, so make a good effort to get these right.

Winning battles

Up to "Ki Outo" area winning most battles is easy. It's better if you go first (top, you can quit and start the battle again if you want,no penalty). Your main attack groups should be done by using a melee card with a healer behind. Whenever possible place 3 cards from the same color as this will give a good boost to all your cards and provide 3 mana, this will help a lot too. Do this even if using the cards would seem not to be relevant to your gameplay, the boost is very good. Also try to make fusion of cards (the game will explain how), particularly the melee cards you have that are boosted by a healer.

Even if it seems the AI is winning, it's easy to make the tide turn to your side.

If you're trying to go for the 3 cards (and hoping that your opponent doesn't take your mana away which will happen in the mode advanced battles) do check when playing your first card how much mana you have. Add 7 and you have the total mana you'll have available for the 3 cards, so their sum must be equal or less than this value. This does turns the tide to your side or makes most battles a breeze.

The card number you're playing and the color sequence is shown up left near your mana.

It's always preferable to pass a turn to try to achieve the 3 cards of the same color sequence if you can't get it in another way. The 4 extra mana you get on this is essential.

On "Ki Outo" and forward some enemies have really strong cards and things are not this easy. However you can let you HQ suffer 2 blows, so ignore really powerful cards and keep on attacking. It's good the AI use powerful cards so it will get out of mana.

There's no point whatsoever in the score you get at the end so make no effort to get any particular score (except getting more gold or Rub P, but you'll get plenty more online). Getting an SS (which I never did) or a C (which I did a few times) nets you the same result, win which is all you need.

Building decks

It does help a LOT if you just use 2 colors, as this will enable mana boosts more easily as you'll almost every time guaranteed to have 3 of the same color. Also spread your cards through high and low mana ones, try to use equal or similar low mana ones, so they can be fused and still yield good cards. If you just have high mana cards you'll keep getting out of mana and lose the opportunity to get the 3 cards boost. Well a one color deck will be even more awesome if you can make one.

I'm not even closely an expert on this game, quite the contrary, but trying to save you a headache to figure how to play this weird thing. If I'm wrong on anything (quite possible) just correct me.

Hope this helps.

Have fun (not much on this one, you need a lot of patience, luck and perseverance).

Edited by cris3f
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, dj_helyx said:

Would you recommend this game for advanced perverts like myself?

It's reasonably fun. I'm an advanced pervert too. Just gets a bit boring as it's always the same thing. Except the girl screens, most of the game is pretty basic in everything, and seeing things in the battle screen isn't easy as letters are minuscule. I probably have given a very simplistic way of progressing the game but it's working. Most info I found seems to be from and to pros of the genre and I wasn't figuring anything.

I bought it for peanuts in a PSN euro store sale.

Edited by cris3f

@cris3f That was my thoughts on the game as well... it's fun, but it does start to get old after a while. Towards the later part of the game though, things start getting tedious when the AI starts using better cards, & then there's the post-game, that just... sucks. ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cris3f said:

It's reasonably fun. I'm an advanced pervert too. Just gets a bit boring as it's always the same thing. Except the girl screens, most of the game is pretty basic in everything, and seeing things in the battle screen isn't easy as letters are minuscule. I probably have given a very simplistic way of progressing the game but it's working. Most info I found seems to be from and to pros of the genre and I wasn't figuring anything.

I bought it for peanuts in a PSN euro store sale.

If you think it's boring now, just wait. You'll have to do a few hundred fights of the exact same thing over and over again. This game was one of the most boring platinums I ever got. It was fun in the beginning but after the first hundred or so matches, it got old and I just wanted it to be over.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mike13858 said:

If you think it's boring now, just wait. You'll have to do a few hundred fights of the exact same thing over and over again. This game was one of the most boring platinums I ever got. It was fun in the beginning but after the first hundred or so matches, it got old and I just wanted it to be over.

To get the 500 cards? Doesn't online help with that?

15 minutes ago, cris3f said:

To get the 500 cards? Doesn't online help with that?

No, the story mode has a ton of fights if I'm remembering correctly. It has been five years since I played the game so maybe I'm remembering the game having way more fights than it really does.

1 hour ago, Mike13858 said:

No, the story mode has a ton of fights if I'm remembering correctly. It has been five years since I played the game so maybe I'm remembering the game having way more fights than it really does.

You are remembering the game correctly based on my experience. I headed directly towards the object most of the time because there are so many battles. If you decide to collect anything on a side path, you are playing another battle. 

99% of the battles feel exactly the same and didn't require too much effort to win. The battles tend to drag on for awhile too. The beginning of the game isn't too bad but the really pad out the length of the game at the end.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AuroraHistoire said:

You are remembering the game correctly based on my experience. I headed directly towards the object most of the time because there are so many battles. If you decide to collect anything on a side path, you are playing another battle. 

I actually did every single battle in the entire story mode and it was a bad idea.

• Like 2

I don't remember it being THAT bad... But then I played it right after Destiny of Spirits closure, and I was needing a card game.. 

Also, long ago someone asked me for tips about deck building and stuff, so I can leave it here, if someone feels like reading.. 

"Deck compusition: lvl G, Mana: 141, Melee 20, Ranged 10, Healer 6, Buffer 4 (7 Cost 2, 16 Cost 3, 9 Cost 4, 5 Cost 5, 3 Cost 6).

Dragons:

1 Tiamat PS3 (Cost 4, ATK 4, HP 7, heal 1)

1 Tiamat+1 PS3 (Cost 4, ATK 3, HP 8, heal 1)

1 Basilisk+1 PS3 (Cost 5, ATK 3, HP 8, MV right away, heal 1, Counter)

2 Fafnir+1 PS1 (Cost 3, ATK 4, HP 7)

1 Fafnir+1 PS3 (Cost 4, ATK 7, HP4, heal 1)

1 Ladon+1 PS3 (Cost 4, ATK 3, HP 7, MV right away)

Notes: 

- Both Tiamat seam interchangeable, and I only have 2 different because it requires seal stones to upgrade them (or at least the +1).

- Basilisk+1 PS3 is awesome, but I only use 1 because I try to limit the amount of cards with a cost over 4.

- Fafnir is probably 1 of the best Dragons because of the somewhat low cost, an option would be Fafnir+0 PS3 (Cost 3, ATK 6, HP 4), but if you can get your hands on 3 Fafnir+1 use them over Fafnir+0 PS3.

- Ladon+1, I originally used 3 Ladon + PS3 and Ladon+1 PS1 because they are really cheap, but reduced their numbers to cut the number of red cards on the deck.

- Also Ladon and Fafnir can be interchangeable as Cost 3 fillers, (or changed to Humanoids of the same cost), same goes for Tiamat, since I actually didn't used any Tiamat, instead use Ladon or Fafnir or Hydra+0 PS2 (Cost 4, ATK 3, HP 5, Mv right away, the PS3 is Cost 5), or Hydra+1 PS3 (Cost 4, ATK 7, HP 4, MV right away).

Humanoid:

1 Goblin+0 PS1 (Cost 2, ATK 2, HP 3)

3 Goblin+1 PS1 (Cost 3, ATK 3, HP 5)

1 Minotaur+1 PS3 (Cost 5, ATK 7, H* 8, heal 1)

1 Satyros+0 PS3 (Cost 6, ATK 9, HP 8)

1 Satyros+1 PS3 (Cost 6, ATK 9, HP 9)

1 Yeti+2 PS2 (Cost 5, ATK 6, HP 12)

1 Kobold+0 PS2 (Cost 3, ATK 3, HP 4, MV right away)

1 Kobold+1 PS1 (Cost 3, ATK 2, HP 7)

1 Kobold+1 PS3 (Cost 3, ATK 2, HP 5, MV right away, Counter)

2 Lizard Man+1 PS2 (Cost 3, ATK 4, HP 7)

Notes:

- Humanoids are 1 of the main fillers and cost lowers in the deck (mainly Goblins, Kobolds and Lizard Man), but also the main powerhouses of the deck (Satyros, Minotaur, Yeti), sadly most of those powerhouses are post game or rare deck cards, but Satyros is possible to be gotten before the post game!

- Goblins are the main fillers, here and you should use at least 3 or 4 (specially 1 or 2 +0 PS1 because of that Cost 2!, PS2 have a cost of 3 and PS3 a cost of 4), but if you can get some Goblin+1 PS3 (Cost 3, ATK 3, HP 6, MV right away) use them instead of +1 PS1. I'm not using 3 Goblin+1 PS3 probably because it involves seal stones..

- Minotaur+1 is awesome and you can find 1 somewhere before the postgame (and at PS2 actually), feel free to use it even as a PS2 version because it's basically the same as the PS3, only 1 HP less.

- Satyrus.. well not much to say other then the PS1 versions have a cost of 8.. and I wouldn't advise you to put anything over 7 on you deck.. so if you get any, rub her at least into PS2 for a Cost 7 version (actually rubbing her +0 and +1 versions only lower the cost, no stats or skills upgrade)

- Yeti - Well if you get any, feel free to use it as PS1 or PS2, but don't get her into PS3 (her ATK and HP will be halved and she gains counter in the PS3 version..)

- Kobold main problem for me is simply that she is red.. and I would replace them for Lizard Man+1 anytime, but if using her, just use 1 of the 3 versions that I use (+0 PS1 and PS3 are cost 4, and +1 PS3 gain counter but loses 2 HP when compared to +1 PS2). Really hard to choose between them, and don't forget that in my deck red is the 3rd colour, so I keep their numbers reasonably low, but high enough to be able to gain major bonus now and then.

- Lizard Man is really good for it's cost and should be the main cost 3 filler here. The +0 is easy enough to get earlier, and you should get her to PS3 as soon as possible (Cost 3, ATK 3, HP 5), and then progressively add +1 PS1 and rub them to PS2 (PS3 is Cost 4, ATK 7, HP 3 lol). Both versions should be possible to get during the main story, but the +1 is kind of rare.. that's why I only have 2 on my deck.

- If you can't put powerhouses in your deck, feel free to add some more Cost 5 Dragon/Beasts, or Cost 4 Humanoid/Dragons.

Beasts:

Fear PS3 (Cost 6, ATK 3, HP 6, No Move, Heal 1, range 4)

2 Humbaba+0 PS1 (Cost 2, ATK 1, HP 2, range 2)

1 Humbaba+2 PS3 (Cost 3, ATK 5, HP 3, range 2)

Notes:

- Ideally with this deck you would drop Beasts completely, but I wanted to use Fear, and to use her I need a few supports of her type, and Humbaba is perfect because of the low Cost, even tough their stats are really bad..

- Fear when used should be to make a wall on 1 of the lines, and sometimes is useful because you can kill opponents from really far, or provide support fire to your units moving forward. For this Fear PS2 is also good enough.

- Other then those, if you get any Raiju+0 get her to PS2 (Cost 5, ATK 4, HP 8, range 2), the PS3 version is worst (ATK 6, HP 4), the PS1 is like the PS2 just costs 6. This is a somewhat common card, and is probably your first powerhouse. And it's yellow, so she goes well with Humbaba and Fear!

Birds:

1 Harpy+0 PS1 (Cost 3, ATK 3, HP 8, range 2)

1 Cockatrice+2 PS3 (Cost 3, ATK 6, HP 3, range 2)

3 Dodo+1 PS1 (Cost 2, ATK 2, HP 5, range 2)

1 Dodo+1 PS2 (Cost 3, ATK 2, HP 7, range 2)

Notes:

- Mainly deck cost lowering stuff here.

- Harpy+0 PS1 is here because of her low cost, high HP, since all other versions of her are cost 6+ and usually have bad stats with really long range..

- Cockatrice is kind of high cost, with only the +1 PS3 version and some +2 versions being cost 3..

- Then you have Dodo.. the only reason why I use birds in my deck, few cards have a cost of 2 and Dodo is probably the best offensive card for that cost! Any always use 3 PS1 Dodo, if you don't have the +1, then use the +0 and change when you get the +1 and then for Cost 3 you can add a few better version, but add her in accordance with everything else, you can have 3 PS1 and 3 PS2 in the same deck and work well if you don't have better cost 3 cards. But don't use any Dodo PS3, she usually gets the ATK switched with the HP or worst..

Fairies:

I don't use fairies mainly because there's no good green cards there, and some of the best are blue and yellow... Fairy+0 PS3 (red), Gnome+0 and +1 PS3 (blue), all Pixie (yellow) are probably the best cost wise, but I prefer Nature because they are green and have something that I find amazing..

Nature:

1 Alraune+1 PS3 (Cost 4, ATK 2, HP 6, MP 8)

1 Death Scorpion+1 PS2 (Cost 4, ATK 2, HP 5, MP 13)

1 Death Mantis+1 PS3 (Cost 5, ATK 2, HP 7, MP 14)

1 Poison Toad+1 PS3 (Cost 2, ATK 1, HP 4, MP 14) 

1 Killer Ant+1 PS2 (Cost 3, ATK 2, HP 4, MP 9)

1 Killer Ant+1 PS3 (Cost 3, ATK 1, HP 3, MP 14)

Notes:

- 1st they should be 6 cards and with 3 cost 3 or lower and 3 cost 4 (of witch 1 can be cost 5)

- 2nd, even tough they are support cards, having some with ATK 2 and not crappy HP can be useful for either fuse material or to keep moving forward if the card they were healing is killed.

- Now Alraune, both her +0 and +1 fit well this "battle healer" kind of role because they have ATK 2, and not crappy HP, but the +0 is cost 5, so +1 is the ideal option.

- Death Scorpion, it's really good, but because of it's cost, I would suggest to only use 1 of the +0 PS1 or PS2 or the +1 PS1, if you can get your hands on 2-3 +1 PS2, feel free to use them. The PS3 versions always have only ATK 1, so they don't fit the role.

- Death Mantis, if I'm not wrong she is a rare or postgame card, but either the +0 PS3 or +1 PS1 or +1 PS2 are good Cost 3 cards with stats almost as good as Death Scorpion.

- Poison Toad and Killer Ant work mainly as standard healers and Poison Toad is usually better then Killer Ant, but I use mainly Killer Ant because it's green (the Poison Toad+1 PS3 works as a cost lowering only).

- Killer Ant is always good to have arounf and in the highest PS that you can, with exception of +1 PS2 and +1 PS3, this is because the +1 PS2 can act as a battle healer because of the ATK 2, but  the +1 PS3 is a better healer (it also requires a seal stone to get her the +1 to PS3).

Undead:

Same story as with the Fairies.. Ghost, Jack O'Lantern, Bugbear and Skeleton.. 2 of witch are blue.

Hybrid:

3 Slime+1 PS2 (Cost 4, ATK 3, HP 5, MP 2)

1 Mimic+0 PS3 (Cost 5, ATK 2, HP 7, MP 3, heal 1)

Notes:

- Here I use the battle mage idea.

- Slime, the reason why I use this version is because it's the one with the highest ATK, while keeping decent HP

- Mimic is just great for her HP, and that's why I'm using the +0 version, there's only 1 better then it and that's Mimic+2 PS2 that have 1 more MP.

- Other then those, other good options are the Kappa+1 PS1 and PS2 and Kappa+2 PS1 and PS2 (PS2 versions are always better), as well as Golem+0 PS3 (Cost 4, ATK 2, HP 4, MP 6)... I wonder why I never noticed that Golem got this good until now..

Yup, that's a lot to read.. hope it isn't to complicated to understand.

And a good thing is to figure out when starting to make a deck, is to decide what central cards do you want to put in the deck and built from there. Even my deck the way it is now, it have a lot of room for improvement."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Yup, that's a lot to read.. hope it isn't to complicated to understand.

Ouch yes it is, but I'll hope I get there. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Mike13858 said:

I actually did every single battle in the entire story mode and it was a bad idea.

I do like to explore everything in the games I play, so I'm really considering this advice as this one seems a royal PITA.

Something it's happening I can't figure. I finished Ki Outo, so I can buy Fortress card packs. These packs yield +1 cards but they don't show up anywhere. I do have 2 or 3 +1 cards I got from the network games. This is something I still can't get yet?

EDIT

There's something definitely fishy on this game. Just finished Fukuruku. One of the prizes was a 1 card Fortress pack. Opened it got card 766. I go to gallery it's not there !?!?!?!?!?!?? Hope this crap isn't a pile of bug. I'm playing the EU version.

Edited by cris3f

6 hours ago, cris3f said:

Ouch yes it is, but I'll hope I get there. Thanks.

I do like to explore everything in the games I play, so I'm really considering this advice as this one seems a royal PITA.

Something it's happening I can't figure. I finished Ki Outo, so I can buy Fortress card packs. These packs yield +1 cards but they don't show up anywhere. I do have 2 or 3 +1 cards I got from the network games. This is something I still can't get yet?

EDIT

There's something definitely fishy on this game. Just finished Fukuruku. One of the prizes was a 1 card Fortress pack. Opened it got card 766. I go to gallery it's not there !?!?!?!?!?!?? Hope this crap isn't a pile of bug. I'm playing the EU version.

All that text is essentially explaining what my end-game deck is and why I use each card. 

In the gallery there are 2(?) ways to order everything. 

One shows by art, so all if 2 cards have the same art, only 1 shows up, the other shows by number, so you see several times the same art, but with different names (this is how you see the -1, +1 and +2 cards on the gallery, same goes for some censured cards where the PS2 and/or PS3 variant has the same art as the lower rank).

You should be able to find them easily on the deck building place (order them by number, I think). 

Also, the online only booster packs (won from completing rings) are needed to hit the 500 card number, or at least help reducing the grind. On top of that, those online only booster packs have more powerful cards than what you find on the offline mode. 

Said that, I did complete everything offline before doing the online, so it's possible to finish it without the powerful cards from online booster packd, just not as easy (I also only started using items on post game, because that was only when I learned how to use them...). 

Edit: just download the game to check. 

To see all cards earned on the gallery you need to tap on the top right corner to change it to "By Character", when you first enter the gallery it always says "By Stats", and only shows the individual artworks, not the individual cards (because several share the same artwork). 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 7:27 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

Edit: just download the game to check. 

To see all cards earned on the gallery you need to tap on the top right corner to change it to "By Character", when you first enter the gallery it always says "By Stats", and only shows the individual artworks, not the individual cards (because several share the same artwork). 

Yep it's precisely this, how stupid this behavior, because the character option does show the 3 levels of the normal cards. I figured it just before reading this, but thanks a zillion for your trouble. Gonna add this to the first post.

On 3/24/2020 at 1:03 AM, Mike13858 said:

Yep, you're 100% right unfortunately. I do think painful would be even more appropriate, although I've seen worse.

On 3/24/2020 at 3:12 AM, AuroraHistoire said:

99% of the battles feel exactly the same and didn't require too much effort to win. The battles tend to drag on for awhile too. The beginning of the game isn't too bad but the really pad out the length of the game at the end.

On 3/24/2020 at 1:06 PM, Mike13858 said:

I'm seeing this in chapter 9, I'm on the second part, Ginuma, and a gazillion side quests shown up. Can I avoid them all, since from what I read I won't be able to do them later?

At least they could have always shows the rewards along the path so that we could know if we should do them or not.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cris3f said:

I'm seeing this in chapter 9, I'm on the second part, Ginuma, and a gazillion side quests shown up. Can I avoid them all, since from what I read I won't be able to do them later?

There is a trophy for doing 100 offline battles. At least get that trophy, just to be safe, then you can skip whatever unrequired fights you want.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cris3f said:

At least they could have always shows the rewards along the path so that we could know if we should do them or not.

Anything you get for the side quests is not required to get the platinum. The only good rewards are cards and seal stones. Seal stones help with collecting 500 cards but you can buy seal stones in the shop.

The fastest way to earn money is self-boosting multiplayer. If you're able to self-boost, ignore the side quests. If you can't self-boost, side quests may be worth considering.

8 minutes ago, Mike13858 said:

There is a trophy for doing 100 offline battles. At least get that trophy, just to be safe, then you can skip whatever unrequired fights you want.

There are probably enough mandatory fights in the game that you'll probably reach 100. Training battles also count towards the trophy (according to the trophy guide), so the trophy is not missable.  

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 7:27 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

Said that, I did complete everything offline before doing the online, so it's possible to finish it without the powerful cards from online booster packd, just not as easy (I also only started using items on post game, because that was only when I learned how to use them...). Edit: just download the game to check. 

I did all the game with a crappy card set I made at the beginning, just need the last fight with Leanne (I'm assuming it's the last, unless it has to be done several times), so even with a crappy set is possible. I lost 2 or 3 times, and got rank C or B a few others (lost 1 or 2 of my 3 fortress lives).

Can you please explain how to use the items because I can't figure out either and perhaps it can help in the last fight. And also where can you get Fear (312) card because can't find any info anywhere. Thanks,

Edited by cris3f

5 hours ago, cris3f said:

I did all the game with a crappy card set I made at the beginning, just need the last fight with Leanne (I'm assuming it's the last, unless it has to be done several times), so even with a crappy set is possible. I lost 2 or 3 times, and got rank C or B a few others (lost 1 or 2 of my 3 fortress lives).

Can you please explain how to use the items because I can't figure out either and perhaps it can help in the last fight. Thanks,

To be able to use items you first need to set up the "item deck" in the Item menu thing. 

Then to use them in battle, just touch the "item" area (bottom left) and choose the item to use. 

You are limited to only 3 items too. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

To be able to use items you first need to set up the "item deck" in the Item menu thing. 

Then to use them in battle, just touch the "item" area (bottom left) and choose the item to use. 

You are limited to only 3 items too. 

Thanks.

I had edit my message but it seems it wasn't updated before you read it. Where do you get Fear (312)?

EDIT Forget it, figured from the japanese wiki. She's on the main deck.

Edited by cris3f

10 hours ago, cris3f said:

Thanks.

I had edit my message but it seems it wasn't updated before you read it. Where do you get Fear (312)?

EDIT Forget it, figured from the japanese wiki. She's on the main deck.

About Fear, her SP4 version isn't in the game at all. 

As far as I'm aware, that's the only non-dlc card missing from the game, all others are in, except the artwork from an earlier version is used if the card in question was censured. 

• Like 1