Evil carkour tracks and other tips

bobthecrazydog

So I was almost enjoying the challenge of these until I tried to do ribbon and the two nightmare tracks. I’m at over 100 attempts on each and still haven’t made any of them. Ribbon, it seems like luck whether you get over the twist and then more luck whether you are in a position to go for the jump. Half tubes, I can make it occasionally to the last straight but always just drop off despite going full speed. And loop gap, I make the first pickup sometimes but can never make the jump from there to the next flat platform. I’m using the same car, going the same speed, and following the same angles as numerous videos online. It just seems like pure luck whether the game decides to like you or not.

Feel free to rant about your own personal nemeses...

Edit: so I'm finally making progress... Ribbon I managed to get using the starting car (Terra Dominator) when the twist decided to be nice to me and landed me right in line for the jump. And loop gap I did using the Nyloss Spectre XI that you get for beating campaign. Turns out that it's stats on wild engine power, without boosting round the loop, are exactly right to hit the first platform. Once my hit rate went up from about 10% with the Rhino to about 40% with the Spectre, I had more practice on getting the jump to the second platform. It still seemed like random luck when I did make it, but fortunately when I did I made it right to the end. Half tubes, I've now made it right to the end once, but had missed the first pick-up. Just a matter of time now hopefully. I reckon it took me 150 or so attempts at the first two, and on probably 200 for half tubes so far...

Edit 2: Eventually got there, managed to hold my nerve on the last straight. For anyone else trying it, I stuck with the Rhino. Once you pass through the two poles on that straight (keeping to the right hand side in the lead up), you need to gently nudge left once or twice before you hit the end, otherwise you fly off the top. But don't drift too far left or you fall off. The two times I got there, I reckon I stayed about 1-2 tire-widths from the right hand side.

Also, random other tip I discovered too late to help myself. When you are going for the 1000 laps trophy, do ultimate races instead of speed laps or normal races. Why? Because you can get kills at the same time, meaning you can work on the 250 kills trophy as well. You can easily rack up half a dozen kills per 20-lap race, usually more (remember to turn on destructible cars in the setup options). And the laps are only about 5-6 seconds slower. Aside from speedbowl and nightbowl, there's also a track on another world called Impact which you can also do laps of in about 27 seconds, to mix it up a bit. 

Edited by bobthecrazydog
Update
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I wanna thank you for your infos about those carkour tracks. They somewhat helped me. I say somewhat, not because they are bad or poor info, its because somehow things in carkour tracks happen only by luck, not by my skills or the car characteristics, then i tryied to take as much as possible from your experience. Thats the most annoying part of the game, i´ve been trying to complete the nighmare tracks for days using same car(Wheeled Rhyno) and i´m getting so frustraded by failures in last 2 carkour nightmares ones).

I am missing only the last track today, Loop Gap, what steering and engine configuration do you use with Rhyno? Is Rhyno really the best one for the last track? I did use other steering/engine settings and other car models but no sucess so far. I´d like to know what values are you using.

Personal oppinion about the game, not totaly related with carkour mode itself, i find this game kinda dissapointing. Its nice to have something close to what i had back in the day when i played Rollcage, but man, the first game is A LOT better than this game. The track design were better, the cars were better, the steering where better, damn, even the old ingame physics were better, and ofcourse, the soundtracks were better.

Sorry for my poor english translation.

On 24/05/2021 at 3:43 PM, Gustavodias_1982 said:

I wanna thank you for your infos about those carkour tracks. They somewhat helped me. I say somewhat, not because they are bad or poor info, its because somehow things in carkour tracks happen only by luck, not by my skills or the car characteristics, then i tryied to take as much as possible from your experience. Thats the most annoying part of the game, i´ve been trying to complete the nighmare tracks for days using same car(Wheeled Rhyno) and i´m getting so frustraded by failures in last 2 carkour nightmares ones).

I am missing only the last track today, Loop Gap, what steering and engine configuration do you use with Rhyno? Is Rhyno really the best one for the last track? I did use other steering/engine settings and other car models but no sucess so far. I´d like to know what values are you using.

Personal oppinion about the game, not totaly related with carkour mode itself, i find this game kinda dissapointing. Its nice to have something close to what i had back in the day when i played Rollcage, but man, the first game is A LOT better than this game. The track design were better, the cars were better, the steering where better, damn, even the old ingame physics were better, and ofcourse, the soundtracks were better.

Sorry for my poor english translation.

It’s definitely a lot of luck with the nightmare tracks especially. For loop gap I used the Nyloss Spectre, wild engine setting, no boost. That got my across the first gap much more than boosting with the Rhino did. Steering I don’t think I changed so I guess the default setting. With that track it’s pretty straight anyway, you just need luck like you say.

yes Rollcage was a lot better in all the ways you mention. A shame as this game could have been much more than it ended up.

On 31/05/2021 at 9:35 AM, Ashesheart said:

There is a lot of luck in nightmare Carkour. For the first one, i played for 3 hours to have it, 2 hours for the last one. 

Absolutely, mine were probably something similar. Several hundred attempts for sure, and most of the failed ones were just bouncing off some part of the course because of the dodgy physics.

• 10 months later...

I wanna thank everyone here for their tips and infos for Carkour. I played both Rollcage games when I was around 16 and this was the absolute opposite of the fun I had back in the day, much due to this mode. Ribbon, Loop Gap and Half Tubes, by this order, were my final courses to finish and they were bloody horrific, I sensed my sanity leaving my fingers multiple times as the car kept shaking and overturning and bouncing irregularly all over the place and even on straights. The tips on this thread and some videos helped me finally getting those final challenges, and now I'm chilling and playing over to that coveted platinum through Ultimate Races (to get laps and kills at the same time) at Impact in Jahtra. ?

• Like 2

On 23/04/2022 at 7:52 PM, Migahel said:

I wanna thank everyone here for their tips and infos for Carkour. I played both Rollcage games when I was around 16 and this was the absolute opposite of the fun I had back in the day, much due to this mode. Ribbon, Loop Gap and Half Tubes, by this order, were my final courses to finish and they were bloody horrific, I sensed my sanity leaving my fingers multiple times as the car kept shaking and overturning and bouncing irregularly all over the place and even on straights. The tips on this thread and some videos helped me finally getting those final challenges, and now I'm chilling and playing over to that coveted platinum through Ultimate Races (to get laps and kills at the same time) at Impact in Jahtra. 1f613.png

Exactly the same. I loved the Rollcage games but the wonky physics in general and on those tracks in particular soured the experience with this game. Real shame as with a bit of polish it could have been improved. Enjoy the easier stuff now!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-05-31 at 1:35 AM, Ashesheart said:

There is a lot of luck in nightmare Carkour. For the first one, i played for 3 hours to have it, 2 hours for the last one. 

You can check my succeeded try here : 

Half Tubes 

Loop GAP : 

Dude that Loop Gap was insanely lucky! You were completely underneath the concrete block at the end. ?