Anyone knows if the characters themes will be released in west?

TizonaES

3 hours ago, TizonaES said:

Free? Can you explain this to me?

Just like the original Persona 5 themes, When you're in Europe and you have patience not to get it with the NA account, It would be available for the European PS Store (for 24 hours only). I have to wait and find out.

Edited by MegaPhantomThief

I hate to say it but don't get your hopes up for the themes, I contacted Atlus support and this is the reply I got back....

There have not been any announced plans to release more themes than the one that came with pre-ordering. Looks like you’ll need to spend that credit on something else.

Regards,

Rob

SEGA Customer Service

Honestly if we don't get them I will be disappointed, the themes and avatars are a vast improvement over the P5 ones, really was looking forward to getting them.

So disappointing. I love the new ones and I'd like we can buy them in our stores because in case we buy them in the Japanese one, we are not allow to use the avatars in our west accounts... What a shame.

I'm seeing a lot of expectation in Reddit about the themes. I hope Atlus would consider to released them in west. 

Thanks for responding @FrozenLionheart.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TizonaES said:

So disappointing. I love the new ones and I'd like we can buy them in our stores because in case we buy them in the Japanese one, we are not allow to use the avatars in our west accounts... What a shame.

I'm seeing a lot of expectation in Reddit about the themes. I hope Atlus would consider to released them in west. 

Thanks for responding @FrozenLionheart.

No problem, they even encouraged me to buy the themes via Japan, which I then pointed out to them that the avatars will be account locked unlike how things on the PS3 were... I'm annoyed spent the credit (had to buy some more too which with the pandemic going on technically shouldn't of but oh well) I had deliberately bought for the themes on FFXIV online as its on sale in the spring sale, if the themes do come at some point won't be getting them for a while, more important things incoming like the FF7R OST and such.

I was disappointed to see we didn't get the new P5R themes/avatars that Japan got on release. I can live without the themes because I already got a cool one from that Japanese Persona magazine a while back, but I really wanted the new Futaba avatar. I've had my current one since the release of vanilla P5 and I was looking forward to a change. I had a quick look at the original P5 themes/avatars though, and it seems like most of them came out 1 or 2 weeks after the release of the game, so maybe it's the same situation here?

Check the release dates on these. Maybe there's still hope.

vFopViE.png

2R3gKz6.png

xOg7K8G.png

On 01/04/2020 at 2:54 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I was disappointed to see we didn't get the new P5R themes/avatars that Japan got on release. I can live without the themes because I already got a cool one from that Japanese Persona magazine a while back, but I really wanted the new Futaba avatar. I've had my current one since the release of vanilla P5 and I was looking forward to a change. I had a quick look at the original P5 themes/avatars though, and it seems like most of them came out 1 or 2 weeks after the release of the game, so maybe it's the same situation here?

Check the release dates on these. Maybe there's still hope.

vFopViE.png

2R3gKz6.png

xOg7K8G.png

I got the Japanese persona magazine theme myself, had been using it for months so switched over to the one with the game, the fact they said no plans as of yet and then encouraging me to buy the Japanese ones isn't a good look as a whole hopefully they will come at some point but we will see what happens, the new avatars overall are far better than the original P5 ones Imo, nothing wrong with em but it just felt like there was more personality and character as a whole with the new themes/avatars.

Edited by FrozenLionheart
  • Like 2

I really do hope they do come over here and they were just being tight lipped about it, as unlike Japan they didn't announce a DLC release schedule before release as we got all the DLC in one go. At the end of the day whatever happens now happens, considering I could have FF7R today that now comes ahead of P5R.

• 2 weeks later...

About the themes, today I found in my e-mail a mail stating that character themes and avatars from the game would be published in a (possible?) near future.

I hope it is true, although I already have the nice theme that came from the game so I'm served for the moment (^.^)"

IMAGE (here I put the image as proof, as I can't manage to insert it in here, also I must say it is in Spanish)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ToaElnida said:

About the themes, today I found in my e-mail a mail stating that character themes and avatars from the game would be published in a (possible?) near future.

I hope it is true, although I already have the nice theme that came from the game so I'm served for the moment (^.^)"

IMAGE (here I put the image as proof, as I can't manage to insert it in here, also I must say it is in Spanish)

I got this too. Attaching english image for reference. Not sure I'm convinced though. https://imgur.com/a/inhO45e

8 hours ago, ToaElnida said:

Same here, I can't see what else this could refer to since there's no avatars or themes actually used in the game? Mine said as you play through the game you unlock character avatars and themes. Then when you click the "Unlock Now" button on the email it just takes you to the games page on Playstation. I've already platinumed the game and there's nothing so I'm pretty confused as to why they'd send this out.

I just received an email with thank you message for beating Kamoshida's palace with a code. It gave me 4 themes, Ryuji, Mona, Ann and Joker and some avatars with them as well. I have no idea if this are any of the ones people are asking for, but hey at least its something?

zgIQQaz.png

These are dynamic ones btw. And they all look amazing + they have music. 

Edited by birbbirb5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, birbbirb5 said:

I just received an email with thank you message for beating Kamoshida's palace with a code. It gave me 4 themes, Ryuji, Mona, Ann and Joker and some avatars with them as well. I have no idea if this are any of the ones people are asking for, but hey at least its something?

zgIQQaz.png

These are dynamic ones btw. And they all look amazing + they have music. 

Can confirm I received these themes as well. I also have the Ultimate edition, so not sure if other editions will have these redemption codes or not.

I'm seriously thinking about buying it now! ? Although I platinumed the original quite recently.

Edit: Ok, I guess it is just for preorders? Also, I'm from Europe, Czech Republic specifically. I've also tried to find some avatars related to original P5 at store, but haven't found any.

Edit 2: I just found the original one via PS Store web interface.

Edited by BloodyRutz

18 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

I'm seriously thinking about buying it now! 1f602.png Although I platinumed the original quite recently.

Edit: Ok, I guess it is just for preorders? Also, I'm from Europe, Czech Republic specifically. I've also tried to find some avatars related to original P5 at store, but haven't found any.

Edit 2: I just found the original one via PS Store web interface.

If you are talking the new dynamic themes, no. They have nothing to do with Pre-orders of Royal. Royal (Steelcase) came with 1 dynamic theme. But these 4 are from playing Royal and beating Kamoshida's palace.

Emails are being sent to majority of EU it seem. Just varies when people get the email since its region-to-region basis.

Persona 5, original version does have paid themes and avatars on the store. Royal does not. Getting them through the email seem to be the only way.  

• Like 1

So this has made clear that the message that I received the other day wasn't lying =D

Then, when do you think that the rest of the theme and avatars will be sent?

Because id it is son I will have to make haste and speed through the rest of the GAME to rain them =3

2 hours ago, ToaElnida said:

Then, when do you think that the rest of the theme and avatars will be sent?

Who knows. I finished Kamoshida's Palace on the 28th and only got the e-mail within the last 24 hours. 

I'm guessing thats because the campaign only just went live so, I would assume the next reward will be in the next few days and I'll bet it will only be Yusuke's theme. 

@ToaElnida You made my day mate! I've just received the code in the last 24 hours too ^^. On the other hand, I think they are releasing the codes in a fixed dates, since most of us already beated Kamoshida a couple of weeks ago. I can't wait for Makoto and Futaba themes. Damn, I'm so happy now ?

PS: I don't know who is the responsable of this, Sony or Atlus, but in case they read this message by any chance, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!