Dredge Slayer bugged

Rozalia1

Could those who have gotten it state how they did so? Because I'm having great difficulty on this and tried a number of things already.

1: Tried having Bastion killed via running out of days, killing the rest in the final battle.

2: Not letting Bastion in, killing the rest in the final battle

3: Not letting Bastion in, killing Castaway instead of recruiting, and then Apostate in the final battle.

4: Going back to Banner Saga 2 and making sure Apostate was not recruited as the little I read put Apostate as a possible problem (made sure to kill both Eyeless and then Ruin just in case)... still nothing.

My only ideas is possibly the dredge baby might be an issue or importing your save is simply broken when it comes to this trophy. Thankfully if the case the standard start has the dredge baby dead but... have I just missed something? You guys come across this?

UPDATE: I played the game using no import, Rook too though I doubt that matters. Didn't let in Bastion, killed Castaway, lost final battle, and it popped after the final battle. It either is the dredge baby (which is dead unless you import) or simply an import issue where the trophy is unobtainable on an imported file.

Edited by Rozalia1
Update
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 27/04/2020 at 9:42 AM, hr_kriese said:

Heyho! I just followed this guide: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Banner-Saga-3/walkthrough/8#ap256151 Worked for me.

That wouldn't work. As noted in the opening posts edit. The transferred data from Saga 2 (and 1) was bugged so using it would never get me the trophy. Perhaps it doesn't bug for everybody, but for me it was bugged like that to the point I just straight up had to do a run without bringing over my data from 2.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, trigerhappy456 said:

I had the same problem, and your solution of starting the game again without an import worked. Massive inconvenience for a single trophy but got it in the end, Thanks for the idea

Happy to have been of help. Find it a bit strange there is so little talk on this bug, but anybody who searches it up now will hit this thread which'll help 'em.

8 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

Happy to have been of help. Find it a bit strange there is so little talk on this bug, but anybody who searches it up now will hit this thread which'll help 'em.

I spent ages searching for it. There's a few posts asking the question on things like steam and even their discord, but this is the only one that actually offered a solution. Crazy this hasn't been solved. Cheers again, and yeah, hopefully someone else can see this if they need it