Redbeard-Rik

Trophy thoughts

92 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, SiXDenso said:

I'm surprised no one here seems to have an issue with the fact that the trophy list actively discourages co-op. Like I'm glad there are no online trophies or anything but they absolutely should have just made those single player trophies doable on both single player and co-op.


Are you sure they can’t be achieved in both, single player or co-op?

 

As in getting S rank on hard and completing a level on mania, I see the play through as each character has to be solo

Edited by Eqill5
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow ok.  Beat Arcade mode on hard might be a nightmare.  Apparently there’s no continues on that mode.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TripleKing333 said:

Wow ok.  Beat Arcade mode on hard might be a nightmare.  Apparently there’s no continues on that mode.

My thoughts exactly, this and the hard S rank trophy on every level might be a real grind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2020 at 4:07 PM, SiXDenso said:

I'm surprised no one here seems to have an issue with the fact that the trophy list actively discourages co-op. Like I'm glad there are no online trophies or anything but they absolutely should have just made those single player trophies doable on both single player and co-op.

 

I wholeheartedly agree with this. My memories of playing the original SOR were purely playing co-op with my brother on the Sega Mega Drive.

While the game does allow you to play co-op (and I'm more than grateful for that), the trophy list is aimed at you playing solo and, to me, SOR has never been a solo game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/04/2020 at 0:07 AM, SiXDenso said:

I'm surprised no one here seems to have an issue with the fact that the trophy list actively discourages co-op. Like I'm glad there are no online trophies or anything but they absolutely should have just made those single player trophies doable on both single player and co-op.

 

Someone joined my coop game, hit me, then immediately left. Guess they were just after the trophy..

Edited by enaysoft
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think the R rank trophies should have been allowed co op online. Secondly, the perfect trophy might be quite hard and I've seen some people manage the mania trophy where you finish a stage on the hardest difficulty

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, enaysoft said:

 

Someone joined my coop game, hit me, then immediately left. Guess they were just after the trophy..

A single-controller-trophyhunter? Do they even exist? 🤪

Edited by ConAir
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2020 at 1:12 PM, Eqill5 said:


Are you sure they can’t be achieved in both, single player or co-op?

 

As in getting S rank on hard and completing a level on mania, I see the play through as each character has to be solo

 

You can get 100 Yen via co-op and I imagine it's true for the others.

 

On 4/29/2020 at 1:46 PM, TripleKing333 said:

Wow ok.  Beat Arcade mode on hard might be a nightmare.  Apparently there’s no continues on that mode.

 

It isn't that bad but you need a good amount of skill or a strong teammate. 

 

On 4/29/2020 at 4:34 PM, socialserpent said:

My thoughts exactly, this and the hard S rank trophy on every level might be a real grind.

 

Unless S rank is limited to arcade mode, I wouldn't be shocked if 100 Yen is harder. While no one has done every stage S rank, I imagine the margin of error is a bit higher. On arcade you start with three lives and when I beat it we had a combined total of 204,000~ points. Since you get a life every 30,000 points, that means we both got about three lives. So, solo you need to beat the game in about nine lives or online you get roughly six. I solo averaged B on my first attempt and I imagine if I figured out the best character and memorized the levels a bit better I could hit S on more stages than just the first on hard. 

 

Sadly, the same can't really be said for 100 Yen. There were some mistakes I made and would lose most, if not all, of my life. Not even big ones but if you got, say, kicked by one of the girls and went over the edge, that could realistically take away 40 percent. I recall making an error with someone who had a butcher knife and I swear I went from full health to dead in seconds. That said, there are some tricky stages, such as Old Pier and Skytrain that will likely be deal breakers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey AdmiralVic, how are you doing going for S ranks? Do you know what you have to do to get an S rank or is it just literally to get a high score?

I find myself going through certain stages almost flawlessly, even getting 1000 points for eating a turkey on full health and still only seem to get an A.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Hey AdmiralVic, how are you doing going for S ranks? Do you know what you have to do to get an S rank or is it just literally to get a high score?

I find myself going through certain stages almost flawlessly, even getting 1000 points for eating a turkey on full health and still only seem to get an A.

The amount of damage you do seems to have an impact as well. Throws and Specials raise your damage count but yeah, S rank is looking to be no easy feat and the Perfect trophy is looking monumental too because it's almost impossible to not get hit

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far I have S on Stage 1, an A on every other stage except China Town where I have a B. The parts where the hundreds of Galsia and Donovan come in with all their weapons, I find myself getting hit a whole lot. Please Shiva is a cheap bastard. I guess until we figure out what is the best tactic. I know you get time bonus, lives bonus and star bonus if you have them remaining but even when I do have them, doesn't seem to give you enough score to get an S. I can only suspect you need to keep a combo going from one area to the next. I know in Stage 1 I had a big combo but I kept tapping at the car as I walked past it (The car that you get a trophy for destroying)

I've gotta say, trying to keep a long combo without getting hit, is not rally very fun. I tried hardest and mania but even though I get a higher score, it is still an A or even a B, I guess on harder difficulties you also need higher scores as well.

 

Not surprising that nobody in the world has this trophy yet, also there are 12 stages in the game, You need to go through at least 8 times with every character you need for the trophy. And I am only on 250000 points, only half way to the 500000 points trophy. So hazarding a guess you need to complete about 250 stages in total and also with playing well.

 

Not sure which stage is the easiest yet for no hit trophy, every boss in the game has a cheap unblockable attack where they can get a hit on you and they powerup through even your special attacks sometimes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

platting this game is going to be a nightmare. the 5 million points trophy is a massive grind and S ranking every stage on hard is going to be ridiculous.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

platting this game is going to be a nightmare. the 5 million points trophy is a massive grind and S ranking every stage on hard is going to be ridiculous.

 

Nonsense. Before the game was released, I was told it would be simple.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

And I am only on 250000 points, only half way to the 500000 points trophy. 


I’m afraid the trophy in question unlocks when reaching 5,000,000 points - so you’re halfway of completing 10% of the requirement... 🙃

 

46 minutes ago, EightBitArtist said:

platting this game is going to be a nightmare. the 5 million points trophy is a massive grind and S ranking every stage on hard is going to be ridiculous.


Yep, and you didn’t even mention the trophy that demands to complete a stage without taking a single hit. This one is due to be hard as nails too.
 

I’m going to play this game anyway - it just too much tastes like the time when I was young 😁 - but definitely won’t bother with the plat...

 

Edited by Neef-GT5
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WTF. Omg you are right not 500,000. FIVE MILLION....

 

All I can say is thank god you can play online and the score totals up.

 

Well I have been playing the game non stop for

 the past 2 days since I got it. I already passed 250,000. So yes, that took me about 15-20 hours to get 5%

 

So at a rough guess 2500 stages cleared or FOUR HUNDRED HOURS! 😅

 

With how insane Hard seems to be, I can tell you I think I am happy with my 79+%

 

I guess on the bright side, I have been playing the original three games for over 20 years, with a grind as long as this, I don't mind trying to go through all the difficulty modes with all the characters for the next few years.

 

Amusing really that you only need about 100,000 points to unlock everything in the game. Nintendo Switch owners must be laughing at us :)

 

[edit] With SOR3 being my 10,000th trophy and still a long way away from 200 platinums, got plenty of time to prime this one in advance :)

 

 

 

Edited by enaysoft
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

WTF. Omg you are right not 500,000. FIVE MILLION....

 

All I can say is thank god you can play online and the score totals up.

 

Well I have been playing the game non stop for

 the past 2 days since I got it. I already passed 250,000. So yes, that took me about 15-20 hours to get 5%

 

So at a rough guess 2500 stages cleared or FOUR HUNDRED HOURS! 1f605.png

 

 

 

 

i dont see how this is possible. 2 straight days of playing and you only just surpassed 250K in points? ive played through the game twice. once in co-op with my gf and once solo with axel both times on normal and i have a lifetime score of almost 450K.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Hey AdmiralVic, how are you doing going for S ranks? Do you know what you have to do to get an S rank or is it just literally to get a high score?

I find myself going through certain stages almost flawlessly, even getting 1000 points for eating a turkey on full health and still only seem to get an A.

 

I'm sadly too busy to really bother with S rank, but it is all high score. You largely need to maintain combos/do damage, not use your stars, eat food at full health (full health gives you points, with a big meal adding a whole 1,000) and, of course, speed. You don't need all of these things to achieve an S rank but the more you do the closer you'll come. 

 

4 hours ago, majob said:

The amount of damage you do seems to have an impact as well. Throws and Specials raise your damage count but yeah, S rank is looking to be no easy feat and the Perfect trophy is looking monumental too because it's almost impossible to not get hit

 

Depends on the requirements really. Floyd has a long distance grab for his triangle move that is extremely useful for not getting hit. So is throwing items. I've beat about 3/4 of the first stage with Floyd doing this but there is always something that eventually gets me. Some of the classic characters can out speed certain enemies. I am curious if I can just go online and have someone do all the work though. Just do everything to avoid combat and have them deal with things. 

 

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I know you get time bonus, lives bonus and star bonus if you have them remaining but even when I do have them, doesn't seem to give you enough score to get an S. I can only suspect you need to keep a combo going from one area to the next.

 

You might need to get creative. I know Adam can kind of run, as well as some other characters or you might need to just grab a weapon and throw it to maintain a combo. Hitting anything, even a trashcan will keep it going.

 

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Not sure which stage is the easiest yet for no hit trophy, every boss in the game has a cheap unblockable attack where they can get a hit on you and they powerup through even your special attacks sometimes.

 

Ship is the shortest, but the first stage has the easiest enemies. Both bosses are pretty easy though.

 

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

 the past 2 days since I got it. I already passed 250,000. So yes, that took me about 15-20 hours to get 5%

 

So at a rough guess 2500 stages cleared or FOUR HUNDRED HOURS! 😅

 

No way. I got B rank on the last stage on hard with 26,409 and when I beat the whole game on hard my combined total was 204,235. If we assume you can average 200,000 per 12 stages, it should only take 600 total stages. I did 12 in about an 80 minutes, so about 67 hours. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

 

i dont see how this is possible. 2 straight days of playing and you only just surpassed 250K in points? ive played through the game twice. once in co-op with my gf and once solo with axel both times on normal and i have a lifetime score of almost 450K.

I wonder if it was because assists were used which can cripple score up to a divisor of 10.

Edited by BOOTP
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks pretty hardcore to me . but can't wait to get my copy from limited run

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, perhaps you don't get as much as score when you play alone. I didn't use assist and I was always playing as new characters to get the 2000. Or perhaps you get less score if you are only using stage select instead of just using story?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm waiting for a trophy guide before I grab this game, only to see the difficulty rating and how many hours it would take, but judging from what i read here, its going to be very difficult so I'll hold off for now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Classic charscters will be the way for some of this difficult trophies. 
 

After finishing story  with Axel on hard( i thought story and arcade were the same thing)i went for “all too easy”(complete one stage in Mania) with classic Adam, and it was waaaaayy more easy than Axel on Hard. I even got to the second Boss without losing any lives.

 

Classic Adam is faster, his punches have more reach, and his back attacks really work. I got to the third stage without any problems.

Edited by Nego_Brown_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To get the Clear All Stages in Single Player with a character must be on solo, co op dont count? because i finished the game with Axel in co op and dont get the trophy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes co op is literally the exact opposite meaning of solo. So of course you have to play all the stages on your own for them to count.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mastodon_Slayer said:

To get the Clear All Stages in Single Player with a character must be on solo, co op dont count? because i finished the game with Axel in co op and dont get the trophy.

It literally says it, single player.... why would co-op count?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.