Trophy thoughts

Redbeard-Rik

was able to do the no damage run with a friend using cherry on stage 1. she can run and her blitz move gets her away fast. just run from enemies as much as you can and let your partner clean up. the boss is the hardest because of the adds. save your stars for those to clear them out fast. stage is short enough that you can retry until you get it.

not sure if using a special move counts as damage so I never used them.

Edited by GhostWolves

11 hours ago, GhostWolves said:

was able to do the no damage run with a friend using cherry on stage 1. she can run and her blitz move gets her away fast. just run from enemies as much as you can and let your partner clean up. the boss is the hardest because of the adds. save your stars for those to clear them out fast. stage is short enough that you can retry until you get it.

not sure if using a special move counts as damage so I never used them.

special moves dont count as damage. you can literally spam Floyds neutral triangle move (which has crazy i-frames) the entire stage on easy.

I just popped the 5 million point trophy, my calculation was all wrong, when I said I only had 250,000. I actually had 2.5 million.

I took a bit of a break from the game which is a shame because if I had kept at it, I could have easily been the first on this site to 5 million. it was only when I realised I was at 4 million and not 400000 when I realised the extra 0.

Still, I'm second on this site to get 100 yen trophy so I'm happy enough with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I just popped the 5 million point trophy, my calculation was all wrong, when I said I only had 250,000. I actually had 2.5 million.

I took a bit of a break from the game which is a shame because if I had kept at it, I could have easily been the first on this site to 5 million. it was only when I realised I was at 4 million and not 400000 when I realised the extra 0.

Still, I'm second on this site to get 100 yen trophy so I'm happy enough with that.

Congrats - what would be your rating for the difficulty of this platinum?

I'm not sure, I still don't have platinum, not got the one for S rank on every stage for HARD, That is my final one.

I have done most of them on S though. I find the final stage and the train stage 7 really hard for some reason.

But mainly I don't know what is best for getting S rank and which character to use.I also notice you can get ranks on coop on well which also count, but the requirements are different. I played online coop with my friend yesterday, I was playing as player 2 and we completed the game and the 100 yen trophy popped for him.

You can also play online coop and try getting S rank as well. Maybe you can get S rank on 3 or 4 player coop?

I guess in the future when a guide is made, the difficulty may go down somewhat. I think it is a 6/7 now but may be more like a 5 later. Like I was wondering how to do a stage without getting hit, then a kind guy posted a Floyd video for Stage 1, so I followed that and indeed it was easy, did it first time.

17 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I'm not sure, I still don't have platinum, not got the one for S rank on every stage for HARD, That is my final one.

I have done most of them on S though. I find the final stage and the train stage 7 really hard for some reason.

But mainly I don't know what is best for getting S rank and which character to use.I also notice you can get ranks on coop on well which also count, but the requirements are different. I played online coop with my friend yesterday, I was playing as player 2 and we completed the game and the 100 yen trophy popped for him.

You can also play online coop and try getting S rank as well. Maybe you can get S rank on 3 or 4 player coop?

I guess in the future when a guide is made, the difficulty may go down somewhat. I think it is a 6/7 now but may be more like a 5 later. Like I was wondering how to do a stage without getting hit, then a kind guy posted a Floyd video for Stage 1, so I followed that and indeed it was easy, did it first time.

Ypu did the Arcade mode in co op and only your friend got the trophy? You not?

I already had the trophy but just incase, I let him be the host. As you know some games are dumb in that they only give the trophy to the host. I am sure the game is TurtlePM and ushiookasaki have the trophy at the same time stamp, so it looks like they did it on coop. :)

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

But mainly I don't know what is best for getting S rank and which character to use

S rank is most about high combos that arent getting broken and health. getting an out of this world combo is a ton of points. not saying that high of a combo is necessary but it def helps.

50 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I already had the trophy but just incase, I let him be the host. As you know some games are dumb in that they only give the trophy to the host. I am sure the game is TurtlePM and ushiookasaki have the trophy at the same time stamp, so it looks like they did it on coop. :)

I got a few trophies in co op with a friend, at the same time.

I guess we're all guys in our 30s and 40s who played the ever loving shit out of the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Streets of Rage games back in the day. Having 1500 active players tracked on this website indicates as such.

I probably rented Streets of Rage 3 from my local Blockbuster more than probably any other Sega game I can mention.

So is this new Streets of Rage game worth getting? I played the remake and didn't think it was bad. I hope this is a more polished product.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I'm 40s now... Yikes. Have loved SOR since the beginning.

Many years ago, there was a "show and tell" type thing in secondary school in the UK, and I brought in a Jamma arcade PCB, and a VHS tape for about 5 minutes showing some arcade games.

Many of the girls were doing boring things like showcasing their favourite singers and why they liked them, right before me this girl was playing some tune by Madonna and she showed us a CD album by her.

After that, I put on a cassette tape and played the boss music from SOR2 and told everyone about Yuzo Koshiro. playing computer game music in an English lesson of course was unheard of.
My mates were laughing but the stoney silence from the girls and my teacher. Who the hell is Yuzo Koshiro one might ask. I was considered such a super geek back then.

Things were way different in 1994. lol.

Great story and great decade. I remember something similar at school, although it was a teacher who brought their N64 in to demo to our assembly once.

Edited by BOOTP

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I'm 40s now... Yikes. Have loved SOR since the beginning.

Many years ago, there was a "show and tell" type thing in secondary school in the UK, and I brought in a Jamma arcade PCB, and a VHS tape for about 5 minutes showing some arcade games.

Many of the girls were doing boring things like showcasing their favourite singers and why they liked them, right before me this girl was playing some tune by Madonna and she showed us a CD album by her.

After that, I put on a cassette tape and played the boss music from SOR2 and told everyone about Yuzo Koshiro. playing computer game music in an English lesson of course was unheard of.
My mates were laughing but the stoney silence from the girls and my teacher. Who the hell is Yuzo Koshiro one might ask. I was considered such a super geek back then.

Things were way different in 1994. lol.

You still are considered a super geek mate ?

Super geek and proud, lol. Isn't it amazing that even today the SOR soundtracks hold up well. I was always a big fan of SOR3 soundtrack but very few people were. It was certainly way ahead of its time in more ways than one.

I do find it surreal, back in 1988 or so that I was the only person kid super into games. Back then in the UK we were told if you spent all day in front of a TV screen that you would get square eyes. Yet I never stopped and I'm still the only person in my entire family that doesn't need to wear glasses.

UV rays from the sun does more harm to your skin and eyes that safely indoors ever would do. And my grandparents were like, playing Japanese games all day will never amount to anything, and then I became a games programmer and fluent in Japanese. It's funny how life turns out. I honestly think that Yuzo Koshiro having his name on the title screen really kicked things off for me.

I mean how rare is that? I can't think of any another game that has the name of the composer on the title screen. Even today that still sticks out with me. Learning his name and then getting interested in Japan, and then my friend got me into anime. Well, of course it would be a million more times interesting than England.

Me and my dad played Streets Of Rage 2 for years. He would always play Axel because he was able to do Grandupper by button and direction mashing. I would always be Max. Even he liked the music. It's his fault getting me into electronic music by playing Jean Michelle Jarre tapes in the car every time we went anywhere.

Anyway sorry to derail this topic.

Aside from the last boss being crappy and some of the music in the OST not being very good, I am otherwise happy with SOR4. I really with I could jump into a 3 or 4 player online game though.

10 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Super geek and proud, lol. Isn't it amazing that even today the SOR soundtracks hold up well. I was always a big fan of SOR3 soundtrack but very few people were. It was certainly way ahead of its time in more ways than one.

I do find it surreal, back in 1988 or so that I was the only person kid super into games. Back then in the UK we were told if you spent all day in front of a TV screen that you would get square eyes. Yet I never stopped and I'm still the only person in my entire family that doesn't need to wear glasses.

UV rays from the sun does more harm to your skin and eyes that safely indoors ever would do. And my grandparents were like, playing Japanese games all day will never amount to anything, and then I became a games programmer and fluent in Japanese. It's funny how life turns out. I honestly think that Yuzo Koshiro having his name on the title screen really kicked things off for me.

I mean how rare is that? I can't think of any another game that has the name of the composer on the title screen. Even today that still sticks out with me. Learning his name and then getting interested in Japan, and then my friend got me into anime. Well, of course it would be a million more times interesting than England.

Me and my dad played Streets Of Rage 2 for years. He would always play Axel because he was able to do Grandupper by button and direction mashing. I would always be Max. Even he liked the music. It's his fault getting me into electronic music by playing Jean Michelle Jarre tapes in the car every time we went anywhere.

Anyway sorry to derail this topic.

Aside from the last boss being crappy and some of the music in the OST not being very good, I am otherwise happy with SOR4. I really with I could jump into a 3 or 4 player online game though.

I had my father rent Streets of Rage 3 for me more times than I count.

Of course, I was much too young to do it myself, pretty sure even you older guys couldn't do it unless you were in your 20s back then. My dad was really into PC games, which I later became grateful for because he worked around computers in a time when most parents didn't. Games were a lot more expensive then as opposed to today. So it made sense that a lot of kids would rent games. I was happy to have just five or six games for my Sega Genesis and 10 - 12 Nintendo 64 games. Those games weren't cheap. Nowadays I have around 500 - 600 games across Sony, Xbox, Nintendo and PC. It's easier than ever to buy games in bulk for cheaper prices. We didn't have that luxury back then.

Yeah that's how I felt too. I got interested in Japan more than the United States. All of the history and the traditional styles of America bored me to death. I probably would feel the same about England if I grew up there.

Axel was always my character of choice. Zan was just bizarre in Streets of Rage 3. I only really used Axel and Blaze. Skate was too small and dealt too little damage for me to bother with. I generally preferred stronger characters when I was growing up.

Were you one of those guys back then to play Streets of Rage 3 on Easy difficulty, only to realize you can only get to level 5 and get one of the two bad endings? That really angered me as a kid.

I managed to get to level 7 ONCE as a kid. Those jetpack guys were the absolute worst. So were the ninja guys, they were a nightmare to deal with when they had weapons. I ran out of lives and continues towards the end of the first section of level 7. All the way back to the beginning.

Kids today have no idea how hard we had it.

This is my childhood story about Streets of Rage in a nutshell.

-------------------------------------

Streets of Rage 4 looks like everything the Streets of Rage remake on the internet was trying to go for. Sadly I won't be getting into it for a while because I'm dead broke right now. I can't afford to buy new games. Got plenty of stuff in my backlog to take care of first.

• Like 2

Well like you I was kind of a poor kid, well maybe it was because I had an expensive hobby. Games were expensive back then, especially when you are a kid. So I was usually only able to get a new game every 1 or 2 months. For that reason I always played all of my games on the hardest settings if there were are, just so I would not be able to finish the game same day, like would happen with games like Sonic 2. Many games I would complete on my first game but I would have fun playing them over and over again.

On SOR2 I've never played less than Hardest, when I found out there a Mania setting I was really happy and boy is that hard. SOR3 on Hard the enemies hit way too hard, however that meant I would just get better at the game.

Me and my friend got so good at it we could get to Stage 5 without losing a single life. Usually I would be able to get through entire stages without getting hit.

In 2004 or so, Kawaks allowed you to play SOR Genesis games online, I used to play with this other guy who was also a god at SOR3, he was called BestWithSkate. I wonder what happned to him,

Yeah as a kid, so much time to play games and so little money. Now it is the opposite, so much money but so little time.

PS Spaz, seems you just started playing my all time favourite PS2 game GTA3 :)

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Well like you I was kind of a poor kid, well maybe it was because I had an expensive hobby. Games were expensive back then, especially when you are a kid. So I was usually only able to get a new game every 1 or 2 months. For that reason I always played all of my games on the hardest settings if there were are, just so I would not be able to finish the game same day, like would happen with games like Sonic 2. Many games I would complete on my first game but I would have fun playing them over and over again.

On SOR2 I've never played less than Hardest, when I found out there a Mania setting I was really happy and boy is that hard. SOR3 on Hard the enemies hit way too hard, however that meant I would just get better at the game.

Me and my friend got so good at it we could get to Stage 5 without losing a single life. Usually I would be able to get through entire stages without getting hit.

In 2004 or so, Kawaks allowed you to play SOR Genesis games online, I used to play with this other guy who was also a god at SOR3, he was called BestWithSkate. I wonder what happned to him,

Yeah as a kid, so much time to play games and so little money. Now it is the opposite, so much money but so little time.

PS Spaz, seems you just started playing my all time favourite PS2 game GTA3 :)

Games were generally more than $60. One dollar bought you a lot more stuff back then.

I was only able to get new games around Christmas and my Birthday, which is July. A lot of my childhood days playing video games were basically me renting games from Blockbuster and other video outlets. I played a lot of shitty Sega Genesis titles, I couldn't tell you most of them if I tried. It was so long ago.

I rented games up until the very end of the PS2 era. Starting with the Xbox 360 I was finally able to get to buy my own games. Had a drivers license, had my own job but also had to pay my own bills.

Well the thing is, I was easily frustrated as a kid. I couldn't play on Hard difficulty settings too well, so I generally set the difficulty to Medium.

Interesting fact about Streets of Rage 3, the American version of the game was heavily censored. I played the Japanese version later on and it was definitely a lot better. There is a boss very early in the Japanese version who is literally a gay man. Yes, a gay man as a boss in the year 1994. Gay people were heavily scrutinized and picked on back then. So it made sense that they would take him out of the game completely. They also made changes like the female enemies having to wear more clothes, in the original Japanese version they are more revealing. Blaze had the color of her clothes changed from red to grey/white. The color red induces sexuality, so that was the reason her clothes had to be changed.

• Like 1

The changes in SOR3 were the same in Europe as they were in the US version. I hated the colour change of Alex, black jeans and yellow shirt looked horrible.

I played with Ash though as you could unlock him and Shiva using an action replay cartridge. Which was a bit like a gamegenie.

As it happens I think SOR2 was censored over the Europe one. They made Blaze's flying kick so you couldn't see her pants. This was in intact though in the UK version I had anyway.

Censoring SOR3 was stupid, and they changed the story as well. I am glad in SOR4 they went back to the original designs of SOR1 and 2.

It was very late on but in the UK you could rent games from perhaps around 1994. I rented a fair few games too, some of them likely too many times, in that buying them later was probably cheaper. lol

The combo rank is based on total damage rather than hit count. Getting an Out Of This World, which you need for Combo Master, takes a combo damage total of 1.000 or higher. I've seen some vids of OOTW combos on YouTube, with a lot of them doing this in the Police Precinct stage 2 on Mania.

It's skill based so that will change it for people. 7 maybe? Perhaps lower honestly. It can appear intimidating but having done the S ranks now... it ain't too bad even if frustrating at times as on stages you want to be trying to get as perfect and long a combo as you can possibly can at the start and then some random punk smacks you and breaks it. The fact that "breaks" exist is the only thing that adds difficulty here as without them S ranks would be a breeze.

• Like 1