Trophy thoughts

Redbeard-Rik

9 hours ago, PsychoReaper said:

I wonder how many people here are SOR vets cuz this is one of the hardest games I've tried to plat. 

I think it is likely as there is a big cult following for the series despite the many years since the last game - most probably had a Mega Drive / Genesis in their youth (I did!) and the game clearly targets itself here. Very pleased to see the game currently third on 'Popular Games This Week' on the site.

Having playing the original games a lot, I think a 7-8 is about right, but I'm sure additional strategies will come to make things easier.

Edited by BOOTP

1 hour ago, BOOTP said:

I think it is likely as there is a big cult following for the series despite the many years since the last game - most probably had a Mega Drive / Genesis in their youth (I did!) and the game clearly targets itself here. Very pleased to see the game currently third on 'Popular Games This Week' on the site.

Having playing the original games a lot, I think a 7-8 is about right, but I'm sure additional strategies will come to make things easier.

I played streets on the genesis as a kid(young kid). So I'm familiar with the gameplay but I wouldn't say i'ma vet or say i'ma cult follower. I think most people will think this game is a 9+ 

How is everybody doing on the 5 million point trophy? Any advice on the fastest way to do it? I'm only about halfway there, and I've already gotten all of my Hard S Ranks and beaten the game on arcade on hard. Just a couple more characters to beat the game with and I'll be done with everything but the points grind. After that should I just keep beating it with characters I haven't beaten it with yet? That's the fastest method I can think of.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:46 AM, enaysoft said:

[...]

After that, I put on a cassette tape and played the boss music from SOR2 and told everyone about Yuzo Koshiro. playing computer game music in an English lesson of course was unheard of.
My mates were laughing but the stoney silence from the girls and my teacher. Who the hell is Yuzo Koshiro one might ask. I was considered such a super geek back then.

Things were way different in 1994. lol.

lol this is a great story. I was born in '93, but I still consider myself to have "grown up" with this series because I had it on a Sega compilation and played the hell out of it growing up with a friend who unfortunately is no longer with us. Wish he were here today to see Streets of Rage 4! He would love it.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:18 AM, PsychoReaper said:

I honestly feel like the game is more cheap than difficult, but that's just me. 

If you think this game is cheap, I kindly suggest you better acquaint yourself with the triangle button. I don't mean that in a rude way, I sincerely promise integrating that into your gameplay will help dramatically. This is the fairest Streets game yet.

10 minutes ago, Nixon_Corral said:

How is everybody doing on the 5 million point trophy? Any advice on the fastest way to do it? I'm only about halfway there, and I've already gotten all of my Hard S Ranks and beaten the game on arcade on hard. Just a couple more characters to beat the game with and I'll be done with everything but the points grind. After that should I just keep beating it with characters I haven't beaten it with yet? That's the fastest method I can think of.

lol this is a great story. I was born in '93, but I still consider myself to have "grown up" with this series because I had it on a Sega compilation and played the hell out of it growing up with a friend who unfortunately is no longer with us. Wish he were here today to see Streets of Rage 4! He would love it.

If you think this game is cheap, I kindly suggest you better acquaint yourself with the triangle button. I don't mean that in a rude way, I sincerely promise integrating that into your gameplay will help dramatically. This is the fairest Streets game yet.

Yep, the Triangle attack will negate all incoming damage, and you can get your health back by damaging enemies. It's a nice risk/reward system that wasn't in previous titles, but does make bosses easier.

You get bonus points for first time getting rank D, C, B, A etc on every level on every stage so for quicker boosting. Go through every stage on Easy, then Normal, then Hardest etc. You also get 2000 points for doing it with a character you haven't played before and also another 2000 points for playing with someone online. Also playing on harder settings you get more enemies to fight and thus can get slightly higher scores. Stage 7 is the fastest stage to complete.

I just kept playing with random people online and having fun with the game. 5 million soon comes around.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

enaysoft is correct on doing each stage on each difficulty is the fastest way way to get to 5 million. High ranks on hardest and Mania can give you a large amount of points, like 60k in one stage. Though if you get stuck and just can't clear a stage then really don't worry about it, you can just grind out one stage over and over again even if it'll take longer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rozalia1 said:

enaysoft is correct on doing each stage on each difficulty is the fastest way way to get to 5 million. High ranks on hardest and Mania can give you a large amount of points, like 60k in one stage. Though if you get stuck and just can't clear a stage then really don't worry about it, you can just grind out one stage over and over again even if it'll take longer.

Yeah, I played through on Normal with the characters I don't like as much and got those trophies knocked out. All that's left is the points trophy. Started a Hardest playthrough and you really do get tons of points each level. SoR1 Adam is also surprisingly fun. Just gonna keep enjoying the game and playing co-op with friends until the points trophy and the platinum pop. Such a great game. Still kind of hard to believe it even exists!

• Like 1

I have almost 4 million points, I finished the game 3 times, tried the Arcade 4 or 5 times and finished and yesterday I did all S Ranks. Trying the S ranks give me a lot of points. Now I need to finish 5 more times the game with some characters and I reach 5 million with no problem. 

On 5/10/2020 at 9:37 PM, Nixon_Corral said:

You seriously think I played through the whole game without integrating the triangle button into my gameplay? I know how to play the game effectively, that doesnt change my opinion on it. 

2 hours ago, SecondGenesis said:

Oh for sure, there are some extremely cheap enemies

I think some of the situations were more cheap than the enemies. Once you learned each enemies pattern they weren't too bad. I specifically thought stage 6 where all the enemies enter the dojo with all weapons was kinda cheap. Took a me a few tries to perfect that on hard for the S rank but It still left a cheap feeling with me. 

Finally got the 5 million point trophy and the platinum. Arcade mode seems like a great way to do it. Seems like you get a pretty substantial bonus at the end? Not sure, though. Would be something interesting to confirm.

Still haven't managed to beat the Boss Rush, but I'd like to. Seems strange that they didn't make a trophy for it or battle mode. Oh well!

On 5/16/2020 at 8:24 AM, PsychoReaper said:

You seriously think I played through the whole game without integrating the triangle button into my gameplay? I know how to play the game effectively, that doesnt change my opinion on it. 

lol, idk man, I think it would be reasonable to beat it on easy without touching the triangle button. Anyway, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Each level is beatable without dying, so that's fair enough to me. Mania obviously gets to be a little insane, but that's intentional. The rest seems pretty fair, especially for the more mobile characters.

On 5/11/2020 at 0:37 AM, Nixon_Corral said:

How is everybody doing on the 5 million point trophy?

I'm at about 2M right now.

Today I got the Maniac with Floyd on Hard mode. In stage 12, my guess is you'll have to reach 24.000 sometime during the final boss battle, so hopefully you'll finish with 3 or 4 reserve lives. If you have only 2 or less, forget about the S and try again. I'm sure it's 35.000 minimum to get an S in stage 12 on hard. Now that Maniac is out of the way, I'll work on clearing it with the other characters. For the 100 yen attempt, I might go with SoR 3 Blaze.

Stage 6's dojo area is rough, though it's probably good for points if you keep a combo going. I didn't perfect that area but still came away with an S. Certain moves are a definite don't against some enemies. Surely, perfecting that will be needed to get high on S6's leaderboard. The top 3 records on each stage were most probably done with zero mistakes (maintaining combo at all possible times, no deaths, and nearly full health at the end of the stage).

Now I just got Perfect. The rest shouldn't be too tough... for 100 Yen, I'll use SoR 3 Blaze.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge