Guide Question: # of plays

pksTOXIC

So looking at the guide, it says only 2 playthrus are required:  1 for obey the iron code, and 1 for (3 endings) staying loyal to kuro, so i get that. 

My question is that if you need all bosses on 1 save file, but staying loyal to kuro locks you out of fountainhead palace, how do you get the remaining lapis lazulis ??  unless you're still able to access it somehow?  i haven't actually done that ending yet, i'm doing the kuro endings on my first playthru.

You can play the 1st Playthrough blind but at least get 4 of the lapis lazuli's before you go to NG+

And then on NG+ beat every boss while staying loyal to Kuro and getting the 3 endings which you can get it by save scumming. Then get the remaining 6 lapiz lazuli's on this playthrough and grind the materials needed for all prosthetic tools upgrade

For the all bosses trophies you have to leave the "Shura" ending for the 3rd and final Playthrough but you'll only have to go through half of the game to get Shura ending and you'll get the all bosses trophy

Since you killed all the bosses on your 2nd Playthrough you'll only have the Shura ending's bosses left so you can get it on a 3rd playthough

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Akeachi said:

Since you killed all the bosses on your 2nd Playthrough you'll only have the Shura ending's bosses left so you can get it on a 3rd playthough

ok so more than 2 are required?  That's more what i was asking.  i'm already at the divine dragon (haven't tried fighting him yet cuz i still have cleanup to do) on my first playthru, so i was hoping to get 6 lapis this time.  

I can get 4 lapis during shura ending?

How do i get shura ending with half of a playthru?

The guide comments kind of explain this: 

QUESTION: Great guide but I don't get how to obtain platinum for 2 playtroughts:
First (Immortal Severance, Purification, Dragon's Homecoming) 6 Lapis Lazuli
Second (Shura) 0 Lapis Lazuli.
What am I doing wrong?

ANSWER: its already explained in the NG+ step, you make a backup save before Owl then get Shura, reload the save and proceed to gather the remaining lapis lazuli.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pksTOXIC said:

ok so more than 2 are required?  That's more what i was asking.  i'm already at the divine dragon (haven't tried fighting him yet cuz i still have cleanup to do) on my first playthru, so i was hoping to get 6 lapis this time.  

I only said 3 because I finished my first playthrough blind

But if you're working on the plat you'll only need 2 playthroughs. First for clean up, lazuli's, killing all the bosses you can kill with the other 3 endings and then go into NG+ and reach the Owl boss and make a save before talking to him, betray Kuro and kill the 2 bosses that you'll fight instantly after choosing to betray Kuro and you should get the all bosses trophy If you killed all the bosses in your past playthough(s) then get back to your save and continue the game normally to get the remaining Lazuli's + farm skill points

You're good since you can get everything done if you haven't killed the dragon

1 hour ago, pksTOXIC said:

I can get 4 lapis during shura ending?

Nope you can't, as I said, make a save before the Shura ending then get back to it after you get it then continue the game normally and get the remaining Lazuli's

Edited by Akeachi

• 2 months later...

Sort of related to number of plays, and sort of spoilerish, so only for those who played the game: does it matter when I kill the giant white snake? Because I've killed it just before facing the Guardian Ape, did I screw up something or it doesn't matter, as it's just required to obtain an ending item?

21 minutes ago, Brightblade76 said:

Sort of related to number of plays, and sort of spoilerish, so only for those who played the game: does it matter when I kill the giant white snake? Because I've killed it just before facing the Guardian Ape, did I screw up something or it doesn't matter, as it's just required to obtain an ending item?

It doesn’t matter when you kill the snake. I killed it before the Guardian Ape as well. It won’t lock you out of anything. Just make sure you have the Dried Serpent Viscera and you can get the Return ending. 

• Like 1