PS+ April 2020 lineup

kidson2004

Just now, Kishnabe said:

Still have UC 4 sealed from PS4 bundle years ago. Time to trade it.

So you're going to trade in a physical copy of the game because you'll have (limited) access to a digital version that technically isn't under your full ownership...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EcoShifter said:

So you're going to trade in a physical copy of the game because you'll have (limited) access to a digital version that technically isn't under your full ownership...

I would assuming you could get a nice price for it.  There are so many games in my backlog, it is not like I would be returning to play it once I finished the plat.

Not concerned with digital rights tbh as games have shelf lives that end long before any possible digital rights issue.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

I know the channel but don't see evidence of any such video being posted or prepared. 
One would think a news site like Push Square would have taken a picture of the video to prove its existence.

Regardless of the video being hidden or deleted, if Push Square saw it the video would be in their watch history.

I don't get how news sites nowadays are so incompetent in providing proof of their claims.

Well it's hard to have a link that doesn't exist anymore (atleast isn't accessible). But luckily on the PlayStation Plus subreddit a guy posted the link and the thumbnail still appears

If you want to check it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationPlus/comments/fo7pmx/uncharted_4_and_dirt_rally_2_ps_games_for_april/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

12 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I would assuming you could get a nice price for it.  There are so many games in my backlog, it is not like I would be returning to play it once I finished the plat.

What nice price? It's a 4yr old—cheap—game from one of the most well known and selling video game series, designed by developers who many people questionably believe to be the best in the business... and it regularly goes for $5-10 max used already.

Edited by EcoShifter

2 minutes ago, EcoShifter said:

What nice price? It's a 4yr old game from one of the most well known and selling video game series, designed by developers who many people questionably believe to be the best... and it regularly goes for $5-10 max used. 

New sealed (as pointed out by the original person mentioning selling it) go for $15. That's worth at least three months of Plus, more if you get it on sale.

• Like 1

What nice price? It's a 4yr old—cheap—game from one of the most well known and selling video game series, designed by developers who many people questionably believe to be the best in the business... and it regularly goes for $5-10 max used. 

I was thinking $10-15 on eBay.  It is a new game (sealed) and folks pay more for that.  

6 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

New sealed (as pointed out by the original person mentioning selling it) go for $15. That's worth at least three months of Plus, more if you get it on sale.

6 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I was thinking $10-15 on eBay.  It is a new game (sealed) and folks pay more for that.  

True, that detail escaped my mind... but I still don't see much of an income, unless the seller were to make a hypothetical buyer pay shipping.

Edited by EcoShifter

True... but I still don't see much of an income, unless they made a hypothetical buyer pay shipping.

I think you net $10-12 at a minimum which is worth it unless you collect physical cases or enjoy ejecting and removing discs constantly.  Not going to make you rich but beats $0 and sitting on your shelf collecting dust.

I bought the Division 2 physical for $9.99 (never played) and then online digital on sale for $2.99.  I plan to sell the unopened physical copy (too late to return to Amazon now) because why not.  Similar situation.  

1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

PS Plus has hardly ever offered obscure games, let alone expensive ones, the games given were typically a year or two old at bare minimum and had already been discounted. The point was never to offer games that were still expensive or had low sales because one would defeat the point of selling it still and the other wouldn't make the service attractive to the average consumer. These games are a perk, not the feature of the service which is the ability to play online and it's treated as such. 

45 minutes ago, djb5f said:

I think you net $10-12 at a minimum which is worth it unless you collect physical cases or enjoy ejecting and removing discs constantly.  Not going to make you rich but beats $0 and sitting on your shelf collecting dust.

I bought the Division 2 physical for $9.99 (never played) and then online digital on sale for $2.99.  I plan to sell the unopened physical copy (too late to return to Amazon now) because why not.  Similar situation.  

In this case, owning the physical is still the better matter, because the person isn't constrained to monthly/yearly renews of their PlayStation membership in order to so much as start up the game. Prioritizing the digital version from the IGC creates the burden of needing your membership to play the game when you want, unlike the physical where the comparatively worse case scenario is ejecting another disc before inserting the game.

44 minutes ago, majob said:

PS Plus has hardly ever offered obscure games, let alone expensive ones, the games given were typically a year or two old at bare minimum and had already been discounted. The point was never to offer games that were still expensive or had low sales because one would defeat the point of selling it still and the other wouldn't make the service attractive to the average consumer. These games are a perk, not the feature of the service which is the ability to play online and it's treated as such. 

because one would defeat the point of selling it still and the other wouldn't make the service attractive to the average consumer.

I'm well aware of what PS+ is about and how it functions. You missed the point. "Hardly" =/= never, though. SIE have distributed a relatively considerable amount of them in the past... That means they can continue to do so. I'm not advocating that PS+'s IGC service should normally distribute expensive and obscure games, i'm just essentially critiquing the apparently poor balance recently these past few months between the highly popular and not too popular games. It's been mostly the critically acclaimed games (that are super cheap now), actively in sale games, and numerous remasters.

Didn't stop multiple games from ending up on PS+ under to a year before. May not have been a huge amount, but it has happened multiple times. A game like Rage 2 that didn't do great critically and seemingly commercially would benefit from that, especially with its DLC that would bait in completionist, a strategy SIE have used a lot with this very service. As for making the service attractive, it doesn't have to appeal to the average consumer 100% of the time—which it's never done—and it generally does a decent job at that normally.

Edited by EcoShifter

Everyone either has played Uncharted 4 or still owns it however with Dirt Rally, I might give it a shot however I can't seem to find a trophy guide on it so because of that, my question, is the Platinum very easy? Or has no one just not made a guide for it yet?

• Like 1

Love how this topic has somewhat become about a few persons digital rights and opinions. ?

I for one dont buy racing games.... but play them to death when theyre on psplus. This happens for a few days until i hit a wall in my patience, skill or whatever. For a quarantine im down with wasting a few days on this. 

Oh and U4. Yeah i havent played yet.

Woo