Colin McRae DLC

arcanehornet_

Its the final DLC for this game and its free if you own either season 1+2 or season 3+4. The Colin McRae DLC seems to be different to all the previous DIRT content: You have to complete different scenarios with prescribed conditions, car, damage etc.

I'm really looking forward to this DLC but honestly I think this DLC will be really hard. Haven't played it yet, but 8/10 I'm assuming.  

Duuude, this thing is brutal!

I just completed my first 3 scenarios out of 40 on very hard difficulty(91).

The AI is flawless and super fast. Even for the best drivers, this will be a real challenge.

The new location Scotland is also very tricky and mean. It's a mixture between Finland and Wales... super fast with sudden shift into very technical and narrow sections.

But I'm glad this game finally received challenging trophies. This DLC is gonna separate the real drivers who are willing to push themselves from the cheap trophyhunters, who played the whole game on easy for an easy platinum.

For those still playing this game with a controller: "May god help you" :D

Edited by Ghost-TeamX
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, x7eight said:

Anybody know if it gets easier once you complete the first set? That ford Sierra is pos to drive, spent 5-6 hours on challenge 5.

Challenge 5 gave me some headache too, but its definitely not getting easier in the next set. The difficulty stays pretty much the same I think, but I'm only at challenge number 10 … 

At the moment I'm more worried about the "7minutes or less" trophy. Does anybody has an advice for this one? Car-setup or anything. 

EDIT: My bad… I drove the track reverse. 7 minutes is very doable with the standard setup. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO

• 1 month later...
On 26/3/2020 at 7:53 AM, OBSTINATIO said:

Challenge 5 gave me some headache too, but its definitely not getting easier in the next set. The difficulty stays pretty much the same I think, but I'm only at challenge number 10 … 

At the moment I'm more worried about the "7minutes or less" trophy. Does anybody has an advice for this one? Car-setup or anything. 

EDIT: My bad… I drove the track reverse. 7 minutes is very doable with the standard setup. 

Hey mate, can you confirm that the trophy unlocks by doing the track reversed? Cause the reversed track is much much easier...

Now they have made a sale on “game of the year edition” which includes the game and all dlcs. 
This is cheaper than the “year one pass”s base price which includes only all the dlcs. 

So I have the base game via Plus monthly game and I want to buy the dlcs for the trophies. 
But the game of the year edt seems to be the best choice. 
Or a sale on year one pass can be waited. 

Interesting policy out there. 

On 29-4-2020 at 7:42 PM, thesahinonur said:

Now they have made a sale on “game of the year edition” which includes the game and all dlcs. 
This is cheaper than the “year one pass”s base price which includes only all the dlcs. 

So I have the base game via Plus monthly game and I want to buy the dlcs for the trophies. 
But the game of the year edt seems to be the best choice. 
Or a sale on year one pass can be waited. 

Interesting policy out there. 

I bought the GOTY Edition. Be warned: it didn't activate all DLC on my profile immediately. About 30 free items still had to bought in the PlayStation Store afterwards (they are part of the Season Passes). 

Edited by ConAir