The Foundation DLC Trophies

SirShavesALot

14 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Question 2 would be how difficult it is? The platinum wasn’t too hard as far as I remember.

Maybe I don't get it, but I find it ridiculously hard. Not the game itself, but the bosses and new enemies. They can two-shot you while you are not dealing a lot of damage. Furthermore poor game design: in one mission it takes roughly 6 minutes until you face the boss, that might more or less instant kill you as soon as he attacks. Also jumping passage to the way to the boss that is boring as hell after the first attempt (not to mention that you can loose 60% of your life by missing a jump).

I might be missing something here, but I am really about to stop grinding as it is no fun for me :(

26 minutes ago, Thomsen-42 said:

Maybe I don't get it, but I find it ridiculously hard. Not the game itself, but the bosses and new enemies. They can two-shot you while you are not dealing a lot of damage. Furthermore poor game design: in one mission it takes roughly 6 minutes until you face the boss, that might more or less instant kill you as soon as he attacks. Also jumping passage to the way to the boss that is boring as hell after the first attempt (not to mention that you can loose 60% of your life by missing a jump).

I might be missing something here, but I am really about to stop grinding as it is no fun for me :(

Invest into the Shield Rush in the ability tree - this thing helps a lot  when facing batches of enemies, especially hiss sharpened. Shield is a must for the DLC.

You can reset the ability tree and rebuild it anew, that's what I did after getting killed a few times in one of main missions for the DLC.

Also see if new mods for Jessy/weapons are of use - for example, getting some health after hitting enemies with Launch ability is quite useful for me.

• Like 1

i'm pretty much done with it now and it's been great in my opinion. When I started it up it had been ages since i'd last played so i was super clunky with remembering how to move and fight in combination, but it got easier as I remembered. I just need the collectibles trophy now and i'm pretty sure it's just one i'm missing, so i'm going to wait for a guide for that i think. Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Any estimated time how long this dlc is including the trophies. Wondering if I should go for this dlc or bl3 dlc first.

Question 2 would be how difficult it is? The platinum wasn’t too hard as far as I remember.

You can probably finish the story in about 3-5 hours. As for the trophies... well, I'm still frantically searching for the last missing collectibles. ?

Overall the the difficulty is comparable to the main game, including a couple of rather frustrating difficulty spikes that require a more systematic approach to combat.

48 minutes ago, ruscsi_da said:

Also see if new mods for Jessy/weapons are of use - for example, getting some health after hitting enemies with Launch ability is quite useful for me.

This. Receiving health for hitting enemies with Launch is, imho, the most useful new mod for getting through the more challenging parts of the DLC.

Edited by Samurai-Zoso

I've only got 2 trophies left to get which are

Rush job: kill 100 enemies with shield rush, 

And subterranean research: collect all collectables in the foundation

I have no idea how many I've got left, is there a way to find out how many Ive got left to collect? 

1 hour ago, proud2bNs said:

Any advice for the "Supportive Staff" trophy? My AI companions seem to be too weak / too stupid to do kills, especially doing 5 kills before getting f*ed by the enemies...

I did it by calling in a companion, then while in combat with Hiss I would focus on 1 target, bringing it down to a fraction of health. Then moved onto another enemy doing the same thing. The AI had a better job finishing my kills off for me than engaging in full combat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

I did it by calling in a companion, then while in combat with Hiss I would focus on 1 target, bringing it down to a fraction of health. Then moved onto another enemy doing the same thing. The AI had a better job finishing my kills off for me than engaging in full combat.

which location did you use? Feels like it would have been easier to do the trophy while still in the main quest line because there are scripted combats...

1 hour ago, proud2bNs said:

which location did you use? Feels like it would have been easier to do the trophy while still in the main quest line because there are scripted combats...

Collapsed Department is a good place to farm this trophy.

29 minutes ago, ranmamgs4 said:

Got all of them still no trophy

Same... wonder if it's bugged :/ It's the last trophy I need for 100%.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ruscsi_da said:

Invest into the Shield Rush in the ability tree - this thing helps a lot  when facing batches of enemies, especially hiss sharpened. Shield is a must for the DLC.

You can reset the ability tree and rebuild it anew, that's what I did after getting killed a few times in one of main missions for the DLC.

Health recovery was the key :)

Thanks for advice!

Edit: I guess I was a bit salty due to the long loading times - although I find the DLC with its new enemies quite hard for a game without a difficulty choice.

Edited by Thomsen-42

10 hours ago, domp4484 said:

What’s the best spot to deploy a ranger postgame? Anyone find all the hidden locations? I feel like I got all the collectibles so I’m assuming I’m missing one at a hidden location 

still need 5 ranger kills D:

Edited by ROFL-WAFFLES

I guess I'm the only person who thought the DLC was pretty much trash, seeing that you're 'The Director' you sure don't feel like you're one as you're well underpowered compared to the groups of enemies that swarm around you and have perfect detection when hitting you from a far as getting hit 3-4 times you're dead. The last boss was an absolute pain to get through which I think luck comes into it as the enemies in the fight including the boss can just disappear and re-appear right infront of you, I guess it would be more manageable without nearly the entire the screen turning red making it harder to see where you are when you're low on health which happend after getting hit 2-3 times.

The side mission 'Jesse Faden starring in swift platform' is a nightmare and after many tries I've still not been able to complete it.

Also the find all collectables trophy ?

EDIT: After trying many times I finally got the 'Jesse Faden starring in swift platform', the key for me was not to get hit once until you get to the boss but then I lost 80% of my health on those guys that turns up while on the boss. Still felt like a cheap boss though ?

Edited by ZachBoardyHD

"Jesse Faden starring in 'Swift Platform'"  is a bloody nightmare. ?

I'm finally getting the hang of it but the last boss got on the platform and pushed me off of the damn thing. Lost most of my heath and probably would of beaten it. Maybe. (had him down to half of his health)

Oh I need a break from this mission.