griffin123456789

Trophy thoughts?

46 posts in this topic

I liked the list for Jedi Outcast last time. Cool that they're including multiplayer this time around. Still would recommend people check both these games out on PC, they're amazing old school action games.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Looks like it will be about the same as Jedi Outcast except you have to get the dark and light side endings but since there are cheats I imagine you could cheese those like you could in Outcast. I hope above all else though that the saving system is a lot better than Outcast since it was a hassle having to manually delete saves from the system after a while.

 

Either way I definitely look forward to playing this again since I put a lot of hours into it on Xbox 😁

Edited by Redgrave
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Looks like it will be about the same as Jedi Outcast except you have to get the dark and light side endings but since there are cheats I imagine you could cheese those like you could in Outcast. I hope above all else though that the saving system is a lot better than Outcast since it was a hassle having to manually delete saves from the system after a while.

 

Either way I definitely look forward to playing this again since I put a lot of hours into it on Xbox 1f601.png

Completely agree with you sir!

Finally they release it lol, took them long enough 😅

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Multiplayer trophies in a game that will probably have a minuscule player base? That's enough to discourage me from getting the PS4 version since I still have it on PC. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only issue for me would be the multiplayer trophies (unless you can do local co-op with a second controller) as I doubt the game will get a huge player count so they will be hard to get those... Why couldn't they just not include the MP trophies 😐

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If MP trophies are doable with boosting or local co-op, then Trophy Hunters are good.

 

If Not.... well, at least it'll be MOSTLY exploitable like Outcast

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From wiki it says the multiplayer has bots, so you may not have to worry about it at all.

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was wondering when this was coming out. Adding to the list.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For once I am glad they added multiplayer in this. Game has wonderful combat, i just hope the controls are good. Played it like a madman on pc

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone confirm, that you can use cheats for the difficulty trophies?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its already out in EU and Australia Stores. Probably coming in the us stores this day.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, awesome to discover this is being released on PS4! I had no idea. 🙂

 

I literally just platinumed Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast a few days ago after picking it up in the recent sale. I had no idea what it was like going in, but it ended up being a huge blast of nostalgia for me and reminded me of all the old Star Wars games on PC I grew up playing with my brothers (ie. Dark Forces 1 & 2, Mysteries of the Sith, Shadows of the Empire etc.)

 

My friend tipped me off to this game being released today, but until I just looked it up on YouTube 5 minutes ago I had no idea it is actually the next game in the series set right after Jedi Outcast. Which is awesome!!

 

Trophy thoughts

 

In terms of the trophy list, it looks basically the same as Jedi Outcast except:

 

- they removed the trophy for finding all secrets (thank god!)

- they added a couple multiplayer trophies

 

Based on the trophy list is also looks like there’s an in-game cheat system which should make some of the more painful trophies (ie. difficulty trophies, multiple endings) a breeze if you cheese them using the cheats.

 

If it’s anything like Jedi Outcast you’re probably looking at a 15-20 hour platinum if you play the game legitimate, and anywhere as short as a couple hours if you use god mode and clip through walls to skip levels.

 

Overall, I am very excited! This looks like it will be a very fun game to platinum, just like Jedi Outcast was! 😁

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just shows how lazy EA is when you look at the copy pasted trophy art and banner. Love it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Multiplayer trophies can't be earned when playing against bots and the matchmaking system (for regular lightsaber Duel) seems to have a win limit of 20 before the match is over. However, I had a match never end due to reaching the 20th point from someone disconnecting when I was at 19 wins. 31 minutes went by and nobody ever joined again, so I'm guessing this removed the match as a  matchmaking session. There were no random players playing Power Duels (for Duel of the Fates) whenever I tried, but that doesn't mean nobody will ever play it :)

 

One thing to test for boosting is to start a bot match and invite another player. Then the game can be set to last 5 minutes or end after someone gets 3 wins. That may end up not counting for trophies either.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tested cheesing the hardest difficulty with cheats yet? I know Outcast on PS4 had a popular exploit that shaved off some of that Platinum difficulty.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, zadorvp said:

Multiplayer trophies can't be earned when playing against bots and the matchmaking system (for regular lightsaber Duel) seems to have a win limit of 20 before the match is over. However, I had a match never end due to reaching the 20th point from someone disconnecting when I was at 19 wins. 31 minutes went by and nobody ever joined again, so I'm guessing this removed the match as a  matchmaking session. There were no random players playing Power Duels (for Duel of the Fates) whenever I tried, but that doesn't mean nobody will ever play it :)

 

One thing to test for boosting is to start a bot match and invite another player. Then the game can be set to last 5 minutes or end after someone gets 3 wins. That may end up not counting for trophies either.

really.. that's stupid. The only way to do MP trophies is to have a future proof way to unlock them, either like ME Andromeda with two different requirements to unlock certain trophies [one online the other off], or to have access to bots. I remember Perfect Dark Zero let you earn the achievements against bots.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Aspyr port some more classic Star Wars games to PS4.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they had it the same price as jedi outcast, I did prefer playing jedi academy because the level design wasn't as confusing plus the custom character is nice. This trophy list doesn't look too bad if it's like outcast.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

I hope Aspyr port some more classic Star Wars games to PS4.

Episode I Racer is next.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m so pissed right now! Went and got a $25 PSN card and added it to my wallet.

 

With some extra change I had leftover from purchases made during the March sale, I have a total of $26.44 in my PS wallet.

 

I go to buy Star Wars Jedi Academy and the game is $26.99 lmao. 😂😂

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately it appears you can't cheese the Jedi Master trophy the same way as the Outcast equivalent. There may be some way around it, but the method that worked for Outcast isn't popping the trophies at the end of the game.

 

You also can't invite players to bot matches, so it'll require 20 round wins in order to get any of the "win match" trophies (the Duel of the Fates trophy also requires you to be alone against 2 opponents and you must beat them a total of 20 times to win).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.